TUST Updates

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Andy, it was you referring to other people as selfish and the use of that emoji that hacked me off.
So the fact that you felt peeved enough to tell me to **** off is mission accomplished as far I am concerned.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 09:45Why should someone who took the time and effort to attend feel obliged to pass on information at what was a private event to those who didn't turn up.
Idiotic response and indicative of the small minded minority amongst a community holding a 'local shop for local people; nothing here for you' mentality.

Shameful!

"Why should someone who took the time and effort to attend feel obliged to pass on information at what was a private event to those who didn't turn up."
Last edited by merse btpir on 01 Feb 2018, 10:38, edited 2 times in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 10:30 Andy, it was you referring to other people as selfish and the use of that emoji that hacked me off.
So the fact that you felt peeved enough to tell me to **** off is mission accomplished as far I am concerned.
I said that if there were people there who use this forum then it would have been really appreciated to hear from them about what went on generally as it' clear the TUST are going to have to take time sorting a report out to release. It helps the TUST and it helps us all. I find it selfish yes and your response not relevant to the situation. I'm 250 miles away so obviously did not go but if i had then i'd have reported what i could to try and help everybody. How is it me being selfish being 250 miles away and expecting someone who lives round the corner to think about their fellow fans and consider putting up a bit of info? It would be helping other fans so now turned on it's head it's me who is now being selfish for thinking about other fans! You really cannot make this up.

Yes. I am peeved. I try to be fair but if you can't see that and in addition want to misinterpret my intentions and make clever remarks then i have no time for that and although in hindsight considering telling someone to 'eff off' is immature and often uncalled for, IMO it's justified on this occasion and what i felt so have to stick with the feelings. Please bear in mind though that i didn't actually tell you to 'eff off' - i just considered it.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 01 Feb 2018, 11:34, edited 4 times in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 09:45 Why should someone who took the time and effort to attend feel obliged to pass on information at what was a private event to those who didn't turn up. Yeah I know you will winge that you are 250 miles away but I also find people expecting other people to do something for them selfish as well.
Thanks for that mate. All the members don't live within 10miles of Plainmoor. So why not cut us exiles and members some slack and if you were there give us a bit of a heads up. We are not asking for every line and detail.
Yours is the worst post of 2018 so far.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Dave, I'll give a quick update. They are short of 'doers' especially on the IT front and if anyone can help so much the better. Website/facebook set ups in particular. Anyhow, I left the meeting content that this group will be looking after my football club to the best of their ability. Bearing in mind they are working with owners who have a record of non communication and appear to have an unfortunate Machiavellian approach to their business dealings. Nobody knows really what they are up to. Community ownership was discussed including taking over the lease of the ground. A show of hands was in favour although some were not sure. What is more important than money is membership. This was highlighted by the Exeter trust who said that their 1500 membership was evidence to the decision makers that they were true representatives of the fan base. We must join, it adds weight to TUST representations. I am happy the TUST have no other agenda other than the survival of the club and the protection of Plainmoor. The very same goals that I want. My personal opinion is that they are guardians of the club first and foremost and then when everything is sorted out, they will be involved in encouraging the club to progress.

The trust also emphasised the importance of bringing pressure to bear on people in authority such as councilors, the Mayor, anyone who has some clout. We should be seen to care.

I would like to add that they donated two shirts, one signed by the 2008 Torquay United team and one signed by Paul Gascoine as draw prizes. They raised nearly £400 on the night, money towards the roof over the disabled area. Thanks to all the fans who contributed. Chris Fleet won the Paul Gascoine shirt and he is going to put it on ebay and the funds going to the same cause. On top of this Exeter trust donated £100, what a kind gesture. Thanks everyone.

I expect they will provide an update soon. They are stretched. We are relying on these people to look after our club in the face of hostile owners who appear to dislike the trust, a press that are neglecting their duty and a handful of fans who must be GI backed agitators, undermining their efforts. Quite a task.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

samuel wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 10:44 Dave, I'll give a quick update. They are short of 'doers' especially on the IT front and if anyone can help so much the better. Website/facebook set ups in particular. Anyhow, I left the meeting content that this group will be looking after my football club to the best of their ability. Bearing in mind they are working with owners who have a record of non communication and appear to have an unfortunate Machiavellian approach to their business dealings. Nobody knows really what they are up to. Community ownership was discussed including taking over the lease of the ground. A show of hands was in favour although some were not sure. What is more important than money is membership. This was highlighted by the Exeter trust who said that their 1500 membership was evidence to the decision makers that they were true representatives of the fan base. We must join, it adds weight to TUST representations. I am happy the TUST have no other agenda other than the survival of the club and the protection of Plainmoor. The very same goals that I want. My personal opinion is that they are guardians of the club first and foremost and then when everything is sorted out, they will be involved in encouraging the club to progress.

The trust also emphasised the importance of bringing pressure to bear on people in authority such as councilors, the Mayor, anyone who has some clout. We should be seen to care.

I would like to add that they donated two shirts, one signed by the 2008 Torquay United team and one signed by Paul Gascoine as draw prizes. They raised nearly £400 on the night, money towards the roof over the disabled area. Thanks to all the fans who contributed. Chris Fleet won the Paul Gascoine shirt and he is going to put it on ebay and the funds going to the same cause. On top of this Exeter trust donated £100, what a kind gesture. Thanks everyone.

I expect they will provide an update soon. They are stretched. We are relying on these people to look after our club in the face of hostile owners who appear to dislike the trust, a press that are neglecting their duty and a handful of fans who must be GI backed agitators, undermining their efforts. Quite a task.
:goodpost:

Many thanks for that Samuel, that's good to know.Cheers.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

One other thing, the TUST are meeting with the London based exiles soon which is great news. People from all over the country who are not members should join. There is a vast knowledge base among Gulls supporters throughout the land and pooling our thoughts, resources and skills under the aegis of the TUST who may be able to coordinate things is, I think, the way forward. The salvation of this club does not necessarily lie in Torbay/Teignbridge/South Hams.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

hi all,

just to let you all know I have received a detailed email from TUST regarding the meeting last night, so hopefully all members have received the same.

I am unable to post it at the mo, but will do so later. unless of course someone does that in the meantime.

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I do have the report from the TUST and although Samuel has very kindly given a brief rundown of events i am just asking if i can post the key aims / points on here or is that not permitted as it's supposed to be private from the owners of the club? I'm guessing that they will have joined themselves anyway if only to receive details of what's going on so perhaps i'm being naive on that point but nonetheless, i don't want to be posting things that i shouldn't. Which is most of the time generally. :-/

Regardless, suffice to say i am surprisingly impressed by everyone at the TUST and read the report with renewed hope and optimism. My preferred approach to dealing with the issues down at TQ1 would not be considered appropriate for an organization looking to garner the support and respect of the local community and deep down i know that. However i do feel heartened as i feel there is a middle ground now and that they have worked diligently to try and understand that although there are fans from all walks of life who despite thinking that their way is the right way forward, not everyone will be satisfied. That's the key point though, i do think that EVERYONE will be satisfied with the outcome regardless which is not an easy thing to achieve. Certainly anyone who is able to get me to back down from a strongly held opinion, begin to trust that we have genuine people here that are giving their all for TUFC and TUFC only and thus leading to my continued membership then i'm confident that we all have a solid and true foundation from which to start from.

50 members turned up with many not being able to make it due to the weather on the night and also representatives of many other external organizations turned up which i won't reveal as don't know if i'm allowed to but the membership is growing steadily again and if you aren't a member then join up now and at least try and make some difference.

Fantastic stuff! Round of applause to Michel, Matt and the other TUST 'people' (apologies as i don't know your names) and also hats off to those members who made it to the meeting. You're not selfish - i take it back.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

samuel wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 10:50 One other thing, the TUST are meeting with the London based exiles soon which is great news. People from all over the country who are not members should join. There is a vast knowledge base among Gulls supporters throughout the land and pooling our thoughts, resources and skills under the aegis of the TUST who may be able to coordinate things is, I think, the way forward. The salvation of this club does not necessarily lie in Torbay/Teignbridge/South Hams.
Thanks Samuel, for the updates. Nice to know that the TUST have the foresight to understand that mobilising the mass campaigning movement extends beyond Torbay. The more national/international networks of member groups created (no matter how small) the more likliehood the support base will grow. There are many loyal exiles on here who can campaign in their region, even if its only to the football purists i.e. little men prepared to take on big corporate crackheads of the football empire.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

samuel wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 10:50One other thing, the TUST are meeting with the London based exiles soon which is great news.
Mike Thomas and I have been in communication re this and as things stand we are waiting because of the uncertainty of whether or not the Leyton Orient game will go ahead on February 24th which is dependent on their FAT 3rd Rd date this weekend before firming up arrangements. A win for the O's at Dover on Saturday will result in the postponement of that match in which case we might arrange it to be in Maidenhead next Saturday or even in Maidstone on March 10th........watch this space!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Having attended the meeting as a guest and read the report it is a very good synopsis of the meeting. I was a little disappointed with the turnout but that still didn't stop a lively discussion with contributions from as far as deep in the South Hams and Taunton.

If I can pick two things from the meeting, one was the very helpful and practical comments from the Exeter City Trust members and the other is the fact that the current Trust board desperately need practical support to drive forward.

I left feeling more positive!

Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/thr ... z55rQpsgXj
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

TUST SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING

MEMBER UPDATE

Dear Members

You will be aware that we held a Special General Meeting (SGM) for TUST members on Tuesday evening this week at the Livermead Cliff Hotel, Torquay.

This note is to provide an overview of the meeting. Apologies for its' length, but it is intended to give an insight into how the evening transpired for those of you who were unable to attend as well as a record for those of you who were able to come along. As you will hopefully appreciate, your TUST board have come away from the meeting with a large number of thoughts, ideas and potential courses of action to take which will be considered over the coming days and weeks.

Meeting Overview

The evening was attended by approximately 50 members with a significant number of apologies from others, particularly exiled gulls who naturally find it difficult to attend such events. A combination of very poor weather conditions on the night and traffic problems locally seemed to put pay to a greater attendance with many confirmed attendees unable to get to the meeting. The start of the meeting itself was delayed for 15 minutes (to 7.15) to allow some of those caught in the traffic to get to the venue.

The evening was split into 2 distinctive parts:

Part 1 involved a series of presentations where information was passed on to the attendees.
Part 2 after a comfort break was an open forum for members to ask questions, pass on their views and participate in debate on various subjects.

Part 1

Our Treasurer Matt Gorman opened the evening and set out the path of travel for the night. First up to speak was recently elected Chairman Michel Thomas.

Michel Thomas (Chairman)

Michel gave a short welcome and a thank you to our previous chairman Michael Goulbourne for all his hard work in the past. He then went on to thank members for their support over the last couple of years in particular and was also keen to recognise all TUFC supporters for their work, specifically in relation to the organisers of the on-line petition to the Council regarding the Freehold of Plainmoor and the tireless work of all three fans forums and their members. He then set about outlining the work of the TUST Board of late with specific comments on the following subject matters:

Torbay Council

TUST have received support from Kevin Foster MP for Torbay, Deborah Brewer, Liberal Democrats, and Sam Moss, Green Party. All three have expressed concern regarding any possible sale of the freehold of Plainmoor. TUST are meeting with Kevin Foster and a team of councillors in the next two weeks to discuss matters further. It was stated just how reassuring it was to know that they share the concerns of Torquay United Supporters.

Structured Dialogue with TUFC

The TUST Board are continuing to have regular monthly meetings with Geoff Harrop and Tim Herbert of TUFC with a view to building relations locally and with the current owners. Unfortunately Clarke Osborne as yet, has been unable to attend these meetings but Geoff Harrop reports to Clarke Osborne after the meetings via SKYPE to update him. The Board are to continue to press the club for face to face contact with Mr Osborne. A formal response to Mr Osborne’s letter of 19th January will be made following the SGM Meeting.

Contact with ex-players

TUST have had contact from several ex-players offering their support and/or help moving forward including Dave Caldwell, Steve Tully and Kevin Hill.

The Press

There has been a concern from TUST about the balance of reporting on TUFC by the Herald Express. These concerns have been raised with Jim Parker and Guy Henderson.

Michel went on to re-iterate his recent interview with ITV was cut short and edited accordingly. A statement was prepared to read, but ITV chose a different approach which resulted in the “short clip” eventually broadcast. Michel was due to meet with the BBC on Wednesday to provide comments and raise the profile of TUST amongst the wider population. It was stated that key contacts have now been established with the BBC and ITV. In addition, further contacts have been made with both the Telegraph and Guardian Newspapers to be called on where necessary moving forward.

Support for TUST

Jamie Mathie of Supports Direct and Andy Walsh of the Football Supporters Federation have been made fully aware of the situation at TUFC and are on standby and ready to support and advise accordingly including guidance on stadium development, budgets, information relating to supporter influence in football clubs.

Michel’s key message for TUST members, the wider Torquay United Supporter base and the local population was that of UNITY at this time. There is a clear need for the community at large to work together to help sustain the long term future of Torquay United. In terms of our membership, he stated that what we need is to continue to increase our membership to raise our profile and importantly there was a need for more active feet on the ground to help us with any future initiatives.

Robin Causley (Vice-Chairman)

Robin reported on a successful bid he had submitted on behalf of TUST to the Fans Fund Grants Scheme. The Fund supports projects which improve the relationship between fans and their clubs and improve the way football supporters engage with each other and improve fans' experience of the game. In conjunction with the club and the Torquay United Community Supporters Trust the project will engage new supporters and develop pathways to a range of match day and non-match day provision.
A Fans Hub will be the means to engage with the local community prioritising the most deprived wards in Torbay and wider coastal and rural population outside of Torbay.
Within those communities, those currently under represented at matches such as girls, BAME (Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic) and disabled people of all ages, etc. will be targeted.
A Pop-up Fans Zone/Hub will be used on match days and within community settings throughout the year.
Volunteers will be trained to manage and promote the project, with 10 outreach sessions planned in various community settings.
A “free” match-day package will be provided by the Club for people selected from the outreach sessions.
£20,000 has been awarded under the grant and a co-ordinator will be employed on a sessional basis to manage and develop the project. Funding will also be used to build TUST’s infrastructure, website, marketing and membership

This was seen as a great example of how TUST can try and add value to the club as a whole.

Matt Gorman (Treasurer)

Matt provided a brief update to attendees on the TUST financials as they stand at present. Some of the key numbers quoted were as follows:
Total TUST balances held were £31,006 as at 30th January 2018
Membership Number 507 was issued on 30th January (although 2 further members joined 31st January). However, in reality the number of “live” members was quoted at just over 400
47 new members (now 49) had joined TUST in the last 3 weeks compared to 10 in the whole of 2017 demonstrating how membership numbers tend to change during perceived periods of crisis
Matt also provided a brief overview of the accounts to the end of June 2017 including income received and expenses.

Chris Fleet & John Gibbes

As TUST members and well-known TUFC supporters; Chris and John answered some questions posed to them around their current thoughts on the position of our club and what role they see TUST taking with regard to the club moving forward.

Both spoke passionately about their views and provided constructive and well-balanced thoughts for the attendees to consider and digest.

Jon also provided a short background and history of his time as a Torquay United supporter. Jon (TUFC Historian) was keen to emphasise as an accountant, he is keeping a close eye on the accounts of TUFC. He confirmed that Clarke Osborne has raised his shareholding from 74.7% to 92.3%.

Chris provided us with a brief history into his background and how he became a supporter of Torquay United and his involvement with the club and players of late. He shared the concerns of us all in respect of the lack of information coming from the owner with regard to his intentions for our club. Chris was keen to emphasise we have to deal with FACTS not speculation. His thoughts were that we need to focus on two key questions: What do we know? What can we do?

Chris was keen to emphasise the importance of TUST having a clear focus on moving forward. He felt it was important our focus in galvanising support should be on the local area as a whole and not just the football club supporters who turn up to games

Exeter City Supporters Trust

TUST were delighted to welcome representatives from our friends at the Exeter City Supporters Trust. We were joined by Nick Hawker (Chairman), Pete Martin, Elaine Davis and Doug Gillard who provided an insight into Community Ownership.

Pete Martin explained the history of Exeter City Supporters Trust which began in 2000 with 200 members. After the tenure of Mr Lewis and Mr Russell and the subsequent fraud investigation, it appeared the only organisation interested in Exeter City was the supporters. In the space of six months the membership for Exeter’s Trust increased from 200 members to 1500 members. With the luck of the draw (Manchester United) the supporters paid off Exeter’s debts and have prospered as a Community Owned Club ever since. They saw no reason why TUST could not explore a similar path.

Elaine Davis was keen to emphasise the power of volunteers in a community owned club. Last year Exeter City received £250,000 worth of employed hours from their volunteers. She was also keen to stress that when supporters own their club there is a definite increase in support financially and practically and the power of volunteers should not be underestimated.

Two messages emerged from their presentation:
Communication to supporters is key
Working with the community is key

Sam Balsdon (Disabled Roof Project)

Sam Balsdon spoke regarding his project to provide a roof for TUFC supporters below Bristow’s Bench. He confirmed that although the first stage for home supporters had been completed, £1800 was still outstanding to the contractor. After talks with TUFC, Chris Rich has apologised and although the Club do intend to contribute to this debt, there is no money in the budget at present.

TUST have committed to helping Sam in raising this shortfall and were delighted to confirm that after a raffle at our meeting £382 was raised on the night to help with this hugely important cause. The winners of the raffle were Rob Burkitt who won a signed promotion winning TUFC shirt and Chris Fleet who won a signed Paul Gascoigne shirt. Chris Fleet has kindly agreed to auction this shirt on EBay and will put all proceeds towards Sam’s fund. Thank you to our members for their contributions. We would also like to thank the representatives from the Exeter City Supporters Trust for their personal contributions and their further pledge of £100 from the Trust itself.

Sam is very keen to continue with his efforts to supply superb disabled facilities to our most loyal supporters of TUFC. His vision includes portable disabled toilets and more simple things like blankets. The TUST will revisit the option of a bucket collection and other ideas with TUFC on match days to support Sam with this worthy cause.

Part 2

The second part of the evening was opened up to attendees to ask questions, provide comments and debate the current position at the club.

A summary of some of the issues discussed were as follows:
What is the difference between an Official Supporters Club and a Trust?
How do the two work side by side at Exeter City?
Chris Fleet provided an insight into the establishment of the TUOSC and the rationale behind it. Representatives of the Exeter City Supporters Trust outlined how their 2 organisations worked. It was a widely consensual view that moving forward there needs to be closer links between the TUOSC and TUST.

A change of chairman at TUOSC perhaps provides an ideal opportunity to forge these closer links although the importance was stressed that TUST is and will be independent from the club.
Can TUST or should TUST purchase the Freehold of Plainmoor?
Although no official voting took place on the evening, there was an overall majority of hands agreeing to this suggestion. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of this course of action were discussed. It was stressed that at present the freehold is not for sale. However, the TUST board were requested to consider the implications of any such availability and the pro’s and con’s accordingly and report back to members
Can TUST purchase the 7% of shares left in TUFC.
A discussion was held around whether or not TUST should look to purchase a stake in the club. The suggestion was made that we should explore the option of buying the remaining shares not owned by Mr Osborne. Once again, views for and against this were made by the attendees. The TUST board were requested to consider this idea.
Should TUST lobby for a place on the TUFC board?
A question was put forward in response to a comment made in Mr Osborne’s recent letter regarding supporter engagement as to whether TUST should lobby for a place on the TUFC board. The TUST board are to consider this idea although the show of hands in the room provided a generally mixed response to this question.
Do TUST have sufficient funds to launch a community share issue if required?
The simple answer to this question is YES. It has always been a criticism that TUST do not have enough money to run the club or buy the club. This is 100% correct as it stands. However, that was never argued. The key has always been for TUST to have a capital base to be able to launch such an issue or to deploy funds in a certain manner if required to appeal to the wider community for capital should the need arise.
The Trust need to be more visible and undertake more practical activities to generate engagement
This was not disputed by any members of the TUST board or the attendees. The fact remains that as things stand, the board is made up of a very small number of individuals who work full-time or run a business (in Matt’s case) with huge demands on their time. There is only a certain number of hours in the day and of late the resilience of the small team has been tested to the full.

Matt Gorman made a passionate call for more practical “hands-on” help either by members putting themselves forward to work as part of the board / team or to becoming part of a working party focusing on certain areas. Members were requested to complete the feedback and Q&A form provided to outline what help they could practically provide. He re-stated that TUST is not about the small numbers of board members. TUST is everyone in the room and the wider membership ideas and suggestions are great, but help is needed to implement these.

Michel Thomas indicated his desire to grow the board to the maximum of 10 members with a variety of skills and specialisms. Although not stated on the night, we are about to co-opt another board member in the coming days and will be looking to co-opt a further member shortly to work on our Social Media / Communications strategy and lead a working party in this important area.
What is our Purpose moving forward?
The general consensus of opinion from the audience was that TUST needed to remain the critical friend of the club and to be the watching eye over proceedings as they develop. TUST needed to have different plans and strategies to deal with situations as they evolve. As things stand, the club is not for sale and neither is the freehold. However, in the absence of other “white knights” TUST is seen as the last resort / go-to position to maintain the existence of the club.

Key Aims / Points Raised
Continue to increase member numbers to widen the membership.
Improve and Increase social media exposure.
Meet regularly with our MP and local councillors to continue to lobby for the protection of the freehold of Plainmoor and to investigate in the long term its' potential purchase by supporters.
Improve the TUST website and introduce variation in the amount of subscription rates, but we need to demonstrate the value of subscriptions to members. What do members get for what they pay? The need to consider more social / general events will be looked at.
Develop more co-ordinated links with the local community including the business community. Get the message across as to how TUFC impacts on their businesses and lives.
Continue building relations with TUFC using structured dialogue.
Increase the pressure on the club regarding matters such as the implementation of the local board and the five year plan.

The meeting concluded at 9.45pm

Summary

The meeting has enabled the TUST board to get a sense on how members feel and how they wish TUST to move forward from this point. The board are hugely grateful for those who took the time to attend the meeting and to pass on their comments. We have also had many comments and offers of help from exiled supporters and others who were unable to attend the meeting.

The feedback forms completed on the night were also very valuable to us and will be reviewed in detail over the coming days.

Your TUST board has a face to face meeting with the club on Saturday and will then gather for a further meeting to go through in detail the output from Tuesday evening. There is a lot of thoughts, ideas and concepts to consider at present. The key requirements is to establish the infrastructure within TUST to deal with a plan of action moving forward. I cannot stress highly enough how hard the small team of board members have worked over the last few weeks. The time devoted cannot continue at current levels with the small team we have and therefore our priority is to bring fresh-blood onto the team to share the workload and we hope to announce the first addition shortly.

Please watch this space as we provide more detailed updates over the coming days and weeks.

Thank you all for your continued support and once again for all those who attended on Tuesday evening.

Michel Thomas
pp. TUST Board
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

:-D :-D
SBG

Post by SBG »

All/Anybody

I know that it was mentioned that there was a lack of IT skills which I don't have.

However there are a lot of exiles like me - I live 200 miles away - who would have attended if it wasn't for the distance.

A suggestion going forward - in this modern age of technology, internet, social media etc - would surely be to have some sort of video conferencing facility whereby exiles could "attend" the meeting via the internet with video and commentary. I have attended HMRC webinars - online training sessions where you can even post a question for someone to collect at the sharp end.

All very techy to me but I bet some 14 year old student from the local college could set something up in nano seconds for the price of a lemonade shandy and a sherbert dip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!