TUST Updates

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I'm going tonight, in the hope that the meeting will produce a coherent strategy (as they say) going forward.
We find ourselves bottom of the league with regards to our results this year due to mismanagement and incompetence. I also feel that our clubs survival, if it were described as a league table, would put TUFC deep in the relegation zone.

Many of us would be willing to give more than the minimal £2 a month however we need to have the confidence that the TUST's Leadership and proposed Plan is on a sound footing.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Can anyone who went tonight provide a few details of what was discussed etc?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yep echo that. Would be really greatly appreciated thanks. :-D :bow:
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 20:34 Yep echo that. Would be really greatly appreciated thanks. :-D :bow:
Ditto - thanks
Chris_F
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Chris_F »

Hi, I think Mike, the chairman is sending out a report to members later today - I should imagine someone will post it here too.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Chris_F wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 13:19 Hi, I think Mike, the chairman is sending out a report to members later today - I should imagine someone will post it here too.
Great stuff. I'd imagine there is lots to process from last night and to try and get a report detailing everything as concisely and informatively as possible in such a short space of time will no doubt prove difficult so thanks to Mike et al for that.

Would have been a nice consideration for any other Gulls who were there who use this forum to post some basic info and let us know how many turned up etc etc but perhaps everyone who went don't use this forum. :whistle:

Looking forward nonetheless to seeing the report.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 13:30 Would have been a nice consideration for any other Gulls who were there who use this forum to post some basic info and let us know how many turned up etc etc but perhaps everyone who went don't use this forum. :whistle:
Looking forward nonetheless to seeing the report.
Maybe Mike/Michel swore them all to secrecy in case CO/GI found out! :lol:
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Or maybe GI had someone join and turned up.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

TUST needs to be more dynamic!

More than 24 hours since the SGM at the Livermead Cliff and nothing by way of any communication from the trust!

That's failing to grasp the nettle and missing an opportunity in a major way.......come on TUST; is there life in there or not?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Apparently, general consensus was that everyone present would like a community run club. Membership of the trust was discussed and it was mentioned about people paying more than the £2 a week as at present. There were 4 who came along from the Exeter City Trust who offered the opinion that at the moment despite the finances in the bank it's actual memberships that are better. Everyone agreed that was what was needed.

We still wait to see what they come out with on that from the trust itself and whilst appreciating they are low in hands on 'doers' who have their own lives and jobs to give priority to; this impasse in release of information does underline the help they need particularly in their media, information and publicity departments.

As ever when I profer an opinion it is the message that I focus on rather than the niceties of social subtleties; make no mistake I am very pro' trust and do my best to keep their message in the forefront of people's minds.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

merse btpir wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 22:45 TUST needs to be more dynamic!

More than 24 hours since the SGM at the Livermead Cliff and nothing by way of any communication from the trust!

That's failing to grasp the nettle and missing an opportunity in a major way.......come on TUST; is there life in there or not?
I do agree with this but then i also have to take into account that there would be a lot of detail to sift through and sort out for Michel and the others and they do have other things to do in life other than the TUST. Also as i metnioned earlier, why can't any fans who were there post some basic info on here about the evening? All in it together apparently :whistle: . That's fine if nobody uses this site who were there which i would prefer to think is true. Otherwise i find it a bit selfish.

Anyway, I think the lack of any communication whatsoever highlights the fact that the TUST need more help and without this regular commitment from others then perhaps having an effective, prominent and pro-active trust simply isn't possible. This is in no way a criticism, more pointing out the limitations of everything as it is at the moment. Obviously i'll get some cretins shouting,"Why don't YOU stop moaning and why don't YOU help?!" and i'd say to that, if you read my post i'm not moaning at the TUST, i'm pointing out that they need help with running it and appreciating how difficult it must be without this help and without this support from the larger fanbase, secondly i live 250 miles away so if i can help from that distance in any way i certainly will.

Despite everytthing however, i still important to say that those who are trying to make a difference by running the TUST deserve the utmost respect and credit for what they are doing and i thank them and appreciate it.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 09:11 . Also as i metnioned earlier, why can't any fans who were there post some basic info on here about the evening? All in it together apparently :whistle: . That's fine if nobody uses this site who were there which i would prefer to think is true. Otherwise i find it a bit selfish.
Why should someone who took the time and effort to attend feel obliged to pass on information at what was a private event to those who didn't turn up. Yeah I know you will winge that you are 250 miles away but I also find people expecting other people to do something for them selfish as well.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Because he's a TUST member and the silence is deafening. Nothing like fans United eh?

He lives far away, it isn't asking too much for someone local to report back surely?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

The TUST is not meant to be seen as a exclusive club for members only, it's main objective should be to get the message out to the wider (national @ international) audience. TUST members should be the grassroots network mobilising the mass campaigning movement to bring as many supporters on board as possible to help the cause. Supporters can be based in Manchester, Leeds, Norway or the USA and will sub £2 or more to the cause, whether it be for the love of the club or in agreement with the TUST's principles .

Remember, it is not distance that keeps people apart, but lack of communication
Last edited by MellowYellow on 01 Feb 2018, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 10:09 Because he's a TUST member and the silence is deafening. Nothing like fans United eh?

He lives far away, it isn't asking too much for someone local to report back surely?
You get a response from Plainmoor78 and initally i would have just told him to **** off for posting such a narky reply and then i'd get people coming on given ME grief for it so wouldn't give people the satisfaction. I'm embarrassed by the reply.

I would have absolutely posted as much info as i could if i'd have been there. It's thinking about others isn't it? Common courtesy. Maybe members think because they are paying £2 plus a month and others aren't that they are superior in some way and don't have to impart any info to the 'undeserving' others. This football club has a fanbase that is so divided and uppity about everything that it does have a job on to survive regardless of CO. Unbelievable.

Even when there is a meeting to try and bring everyone together there are still people trying to nit pick. Absolutely pathetic.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 01 Feb 2018, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.