TUST Updates

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Quite true Yorkie social media can be banal and mind numbing with the tripe that some people post but unfortunately a necessary evil.Again I may be spouting tripe myself but on the likes of F book you can post items eg:the position the club is in and try to forge interest with "friends",on there but also can circulate by "sharing", this news to a large number of people overall many not even known.A bit like pyramid building.It could be mentioned in post about the need for assistance in any way including financial. If many did that we could reach a large audience far and wide quickly.Again I may be talking bull just an idea.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's definitely something I see as having potential to gather people together. The more united we are the harder it will be for Osborne to have his way.

People need to realise the man has NEVER built a sports stadium and has a history of destroying sports clubs.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

And never will build one ,he's gone through his life seemingly uncaring for everywhere he's gone offering the world and producing nothing.l will try the F book idea to see if it generates anything.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Southampton Gull wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 01:51 They are addressing that right now Craig ;-)
Finally things are starting to gain momentum then! Let’s hope it’s not a flash in the pan and this talk about TUST isn’t a short term talking point.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Mate, if I can see my way to joining a trust then everybody should. People who know me will vouch for my lifelong dislike of such bodies BUT the situation as it is demands that we all join and start to fight back and see these predators off.
Dave

Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Matt Gorman wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 18:19 A copy of the notice as mentioned in my previous note (although it looks like Plymouth Gull beat me to it!!)
Sorry!

I'd be interested in knowing the total number of members the Trust currently has. Are we talking closer to 500 or pushing towards 1,000?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Going by my number I'd say it's 500 Nick.
Dave

CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

well i was number 46* something at the end of last week so for it to jump over 40 memberships already just shows how much potenial there is if TUST keeps the fight against CO going.

Good work TUFC fans. :-D
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

So it takes Dave and myself years to finally join the trust. Dave has admitted to a lifelong dislike of such bodies and i have a lifelong distrust of every other human being. Two extreme examples of reasons why people didn't join sooner that you would think go against the 'norm'.

With there being close to 500 members but attendances of around 1,500. You have to ask, wtf is wrong with everyone else?!!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Maybe the same issue that you both had, Andy.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 14:16 Maybe the same issue that you both had, Andy.
Maybe Scott. Maybe.

A thousand people or near as damn it not signing up due to similar reasons would be difficult to believe though.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 14:43 Maybe Scott. Maybe.

A thousand people or near as damn it not signing up due to similar reasons would be difficult to believe though.
I think you have to take into account that not every one of those missing 1,000 reads the internet regarding Torquay United. 300+ ish guestimate of those could well be kids who couldn't give a rat's arse about the politics of football. Then take into account the average age of our supporters... not all of us Silver Surfers want to be spending time scrolling through pages and pages of news/rumours/conjecture about our club on a computer... we'd rather go and get a paper... the local paper.... the Herald Express.... oh, wait.... oh, dear....
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

United62 wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 14:59 I think you have to take into account that not every one of those missing 1,000 reads the internet regarding Torquay United. 300+ ish guestimate of those could well be kids who couldn't give a rat's arse about the politics of football. Then take into account the average age of our supporters... not all of us Silver Surfers want to be spending time scrolling through pages and pages of news/rumours/conjecture about our club on a computer... we'd rather go and get a paper... the local paper.... the Herald Express.... oh, wait.... oh, dear....
Also those who do glance at the forums would have seen many posts disparaging the trust and their efforts over the last couple of years.

Any visitors to the TFF for example would see Alpine Joe's lengthy anti-trust diatribes.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Well let's be honest Jerry, some of those posts were deserved and some were not. All I can do is speak as I find and I'm very impressed by what Matt has set in motion and also how quickly they are mobilising. That hasn't always been the case as you well know. Better late than too late though.

United 62 makes the very valid point that I've been raising lately and that's why it's so frustrating that Dave Thomas doesn't seem to have the stomach or the strength of character to tell some simple truths.
Dave

Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 07:06 It's definitely something I see as having potential to gather people together. The more united we are the harder it will be for Osborne to have his way.

People need to realise the man has NEVER built a sports stadium and has a history of destroying sports clubs.
And he's supposed to be a 'FIT & PROPER PERSON' you couldn't make it up could you ! :@ :@ :@ :@ :@ :@