TUST Updates

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Great posts from SG and Merse. Both show leadership on the forums, so lets get behind their call to arms and join and support the Trust.
TUST number 080
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've just joined, something I never ever thought I would do.

If I see the need to do this then I urge every fan of Torquay United to do the same.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Special General meeting announced for Tuesday 30th January, where the TUST board will explain what was in the letter to the owner and how we can respond to his answer(s) if there has been any - albeit unlikely.

Please make the effort to get there if you can. Livermead Cliff Hotel in Torquay, 7-9pm.

We're all in it together..
Matt Gorman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Matt Gorman »

Good Evening All

A quick note to provide a brief update on some of the actions the TUST team have agreed over the last few days.

An "official" Special General Meeting (SGM) notice has been sent out to TUST members tonight to confirm the arrangement of a SGM on Tuesday 30th January @ 7pm at the Livermead Cliff Hotel, Torquay. A copy of this will be posted shortly on the site.

Secondly, we are very mindful of the need to increase our membership and importantly the body of people involved in TUST. Myself and other members of the team have had various contacts with people over the past few days to try and initiate this and we are thankful to those of you contributing on this forum for the positive responses and contributions you have made. We are to undertake an initative before Saturday's game with Bromley to advertise the SGM and at the same time recruit new members to TUST. Further information will be published over the next day or so, but we are conscious of the comments that have been made on the forum about such an exercise and wanted to let people know that plans are afoot!

Please make contact with TUST via [email protected] if you are able to provide any assistance to the (small) team. Alternatively I am happy to take calls on 01803 698537 or via e-mail at [email protected] from anyone wishing to join or discuss membership.

Thank you all for your support

Matt Gorman
Treasurer & Memberships (TUST)
Matt Gorman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt Gorman »

A copy of the notice as mentioned in my previous note (although it looks like Plymouth Gull beat me to it!!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TUST SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING

At the Livermead Cliff Hotel, Livermead, Torquay, TQ2 6RQ

Tuesday, January 30th, 7pm-9pm

We are calling our members to attend a special general meeting, as above, to discuss the future of TUFC. We sent a formal letter to Mr Osborne, towards the end of last week, with a number of questions relating to this. We would like to inform members of the contents of the letter and any responses we may have received from him. We will then ask members to direct us in the way we proceed.

Mike / Michel Thomas
TUST Chairman
pp. TUST Board
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 14:29 I've just joined, something I never ever thought I would do.

If I see the need to do this then I urge every fan of Torquay United to do the same.
I've just joined too! Something i never ever thought i'd do either. =D

Mainly due to my deep distrust of people and their motives really in every walk of life (abuse and stuff when younger) but Matt comes across as a really fair and decent bloke and the others are working hard on behalf of TUFC and it's fans so i'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt to them and try and help. I still think there is a long way to go but i'm hoping this 'second wave' if you like of trust joining finally kicks off some serious resistance and representation of what the fans want and NOT what the owners want.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I knew you would mate.

It's nice to know that someone like Matt is taking the time to reach out personally and has a deep understanding of the concerns the likes of us have. He's definitely enthused me so if he can sway me then anything is possible.

Welcome to the fold ;-)
Dave

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Cheers Dave.

How do you get to find out which TUST number you are?
Matt Gorman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Matt Gorman »

Hi Andy...

Thanks for joining us! Watch out for your e-mails. There will be a mail and letter from me coming your way shortly!

Matt
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Matt Gorman wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 21:41 Hi Andy...

Thanks for joining us! Watch out for your e-mails. There will be a mail and letter from me coming your way shortly!

Matt
Cheers Matt. :-D

I'm just typing a response to your PM from yesterday so i haven't forgotten. :)

Prefer to respond in private.

Thanks again.
oldcommsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by oldcommsboy »

I've just joined. Not much I can do here in Poole except support by means of a subscription and vote when the opportunity arises.

I have happy memories of TUFC during my young years until I left Torquay for work elsewhere. But I went to school next door in what then was Homelands Technical High School - we had several sports days on the ground.

I have no doubt that the growing support for TUST will translate into a force of supporters that must be listened to. Maybe we can bring about changes that will provide a long term solution to the problems at the Club.

Chris
Chris
TUST member 479
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Just a suggestion. Not sure if i've navigated the trust website fully but i feel it's good to put names to faces and to have some photos of the people involved in running the trust. Not sure if there is at the moment.

Also photo's of members who raise funds along with stories etc and just generally make it more fan focused.

Again, not sure if the trust does do all this already on social media as i don't use twatter, faecesbook or instasham.

One thing that always p*sses me off about some clubs (not trusts) is they think they are being fan friendly by over using twitter but many of them never even bother putting up any photos of fans at away games, give them any coverage at all or even acknowledge their numbers whilst some take loads of pics of away fans and make a big fuss of them being at the game which again promotes the feel good, mutual appreciation factor. Clubs are getting lazy as sin even now on twatter. Taking fans for granted.

Fans are the most important aspect of a football match yet get the least coverage and appreciation. You'll get 10 photo's of the same footballer in different poses but none of fans and their day out.

Just be great (if not already) for the trust to feature fans prominently and to maybe have features / interviews and make things more interactive / engaging / involving.

I'm just chucking random stuff out so it's probably a load of ball hocks but there you go.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

The one problem with TUST at the moment is the lack of online presence amongst TUFC fans, one email a month to members isn’t enough to get the awareness out there to other fans who arnt members, I aswell as a few others have offered to lend a hand with the Facebook/Twitter side of social media because it is severely lacking in use.

Hopefully the TUST can continue to grow and engage as many fans as possible.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I agree. As much i detest the banality of most high profile social media sites they are used by most of the world now.

I could film myself walking down to my local co-op at night during some heavy rain and put it on youtube entitled, ANDY WALKS TO LOCAL SHOPS IN RAIN IN THE DARK TO BUY SOME BREAD and some losers would watch it, and even sadder probably waste their lives commenting on it.

One would ask if I bought white or brown whilst another pair of friendless buffoons would no doubt start an argument at 3 in the morning about which is best - thick cut or thin.

I actually might try it as an experiment and see what response i get.

This is how extraordinarily pointless much of social media can be but it must be used to our advantage.

You need a heavy social media presence today as most people have smartphone addictions.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

CraigUnder wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 00:22 The one problem with TUST at the moment is the lack of online presence amongst TUFC fans, one email a month to members isn’t enough to get the awareness out there to other fans who arnt members, I aswell as a few others have offered to lend a hand with the Facebook/Twitter side of social media because it is severely lacking in use.

Hopefully the TUST can continue to grow and engage as many fans as possible.
They are addressing that right now Craig ;-)
Dave