Match Day Commentary

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
StatesGull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Young

Match Day Commentary

Post by StatesGull »

Ive just seen BBC are no long commentating Torquay games?

Where do we go now? I prefer to listen to it uninterupted?
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

StatesGull wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 22:28 Ive just seen BBC are no long commentating Torquay games?

Where do we go now? I prefer to listen to it uninterupted?
I think there will still be a BBC commentary via the website. It's just that they have turned off the medium wave transmitter in South Devon so you won't be able to listen on the radio.
Caldwellanddobson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alan Little

Post by Caldwellanddobson »

Yep, like the post on the os said a couple of days ago. It’ll still be Online. And you can’t blame Osborne or the club for this one. Ire must be directed to the BBC.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

There is always a link to the live commentary on the match page of the relevant thread on BTPIR and nothing will change from that point of view.

The people I feel sorry for as we 'progress' through the twenty first century are the old folk who none of these latter day genius's are not at home with the Internet and never will be. Just another victim of central government funding cuts I'm afraid.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Cant imagine Radio Devon will provide live commentary next season in the Nat South anyway so they are
probably looking ahead , medium wave is still going to be available in North Devon it seems who get Exeters
games. Do Radio Cornwall do commentaries for Truros games ?
I will miss taking the radio outside with me in the garden, garage, shed to listen, its useful to have something
to chuck around when we concede
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I'm a radio enthusiast with several old fashioned radio's including a home made one from many years ago. I love medium , short and long wave stuff. You can really find some fantastic listening on these services. Also the cracking and interference gives you that warm reminder that this stuff is being sent via wavelengths from a fixed mast somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Little like the 1970s and 1980s telephone commentry with football.
This digital stuff is to clean and tinney.
Long live medium wave !!!!!!

Anyone agree ???????
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Nope sorry I don’t.
But I do understand why this has nostalgic meaning for you. I suppose it’s the same as people who prefer an old set of golf clubs to a new set of computer generated things that can send the ball to the moon and back with unflinching accuracy.
But I prefer quality sound that works and doesn’t fade and crackle like the KGB are tapping the signal.
I suppose the medium wave experience is similar to listening to say Glenn Miller on an old record player. Just because it crackles and pops doesn’t make the music better. It’s ten times better digitally mastered as the sound should actually be .
However I do agree that nostalgia is personal and everyone has their own thing, so it’s a shame if you can’t get a fix anymore of the commentaries in MW if that’s what floats your boat.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Fair enough , I would say old records have a much warmer natural tone than modern setups. Just my opinion.
I'm a retro nerd and history is my favourite subject.
Here how sad I am ...im spending my day off programming on a old acorn electron .....remember anyone
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I'm with west Yorkshire in this