Reece Mitchell

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

''No more Yorkshire men with whippets and cloth flat caps then. :S''

Hopefully not... we can but dream
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

United62 wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 16:37 ''No more Yorkshire men with whippets and cloth flat caps then. :S''

Hopefully not... we can but dream
SNW will be on later i'm sure. :lol:
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Aye, once 'es finished down t'pit, supped 'is reet Yorkshire bitter, lapped up last of t'lard from t'plate and taken t'whippet for t'walk.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 16:44 Aye, once 'es finished down t'pit, supped 'is reet Yorkshire bitter, lapped up last of t'lard from t'plate and taken t'whippet for t'walk.
:@

Edit - I don't drink (Tetleys) Yorkshire Bitter.... it tastes like P155 me ol' cock.
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 11 Jan 2018, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

You don't have a whippet SNW?
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Was that the Hamish McHaggismuncher who played in midfield for Neepsandtatties United or was it the Glenfiddich Bells striker who could only head the ball when it wasn't shown in the highlights? Actually I think you may be doing Merse a disservice as he would know that John O'Groats is not a football club, being rather a promising youngster, alongside Ben Nevis, in the Chelsea Academy of which Merse is so fond.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

United62 wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 16:50 You don't have a whippet SNW?
:@

no.... a Labrador.... :-/ :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

United62 wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 16:44 Aye, once 'es finished down t'pit, supped 'is reet Yorkshire bitter, lapped up last of t'lard from t'plate and taken t'whippet for t'walk.

It's a misnomer that we say t'whatever because we t'don't. We say it when we say am gooin dahn t'pub but owt else and it's 'lapped up (miss THE out completely) last o (again, miss out THE) lard from (again, miss out THE) plate --------- and so on and so forth. We don't say t'plate, t'whippet.

God. Poor Reece. He'll be viewing his thread to see what fans think and be utterly freaked out how it's descended into some critique of northern regional dialects. :S
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Would be really good if an up and coming scriptwriter was reading all this as they'd have plenty of material for a six part comedy.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

Yorkieandy wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 16:25 Thing with Merse is he always has to go one better. If you said you were an astronaut and had just come back from visiting the moon and had brought back some moon rock he would no doubt tell you that he'd been to Pluto years ago and not only that but had in fact visited the solar system in it's entirety using only a microlight as transportation.

Oh and he wouldn't have moon rock. He'd say he had alien remains. Better than moon rock that, and then when someone comes along decades after from NASA proclaiming they have at last found evidence of alien life, Merse would ring up claiming he'd already discovered aliens years ago after he had been scouting them on far distant planets for some regional south east team who had been looking for something a bit different 'up top'. ET was always the original 50p header of a ball.

In footballing terms, even if I made up the name of a footballer, say Hamish McHaggismuncher and claimed he was out of contract at Scottish non league club John O'Groats United, Merse would probably be on saying he's had him watched for years as he used to play for some academy down in the south east. In fact every footballer that ever lived seems to originate from the south east, conveniently only a handful of miles from his house.

Most of his posts, as I've said are very knowledgable and informative and they are good to read but : A) It's not possible to know everything

and B) On occasion there will be people who know more and know better. Not that for one moment i'm saying that is me. There are many contributors on here who impart their wisdom and views and they are as valid as anyone's and shouldn't be constantly pushed to one side by another.

Oh and i'm not a troll and have no intention of deliberately calling people out but the above is just the impression I have based on what goes on on here. In the pub he might be just a regular bloke, likes a laugh and a pint and happy days. A bit of humility on occasion though would be a great asset to him I feel and a welcome trait to add to the positive ones he already has i'm sure.
tldr xx
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 16:53 God. Poor Reece. He'll be viewing his thread to see what fans think and be utterly freaked out how it's descended into some critique of northern regional dialects. :S
Expect he will be thinking thank god I left Chesterfield. :whistle:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

MellowYellow wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 17:23 Expect he will be thinking thank god I left Chesterfield. :whistle:
Hopefully I'll be thinking the very same thing in a few years time.

Reece has managed to get away from this cesshole whilst I'm still stuck here so fair do's to the lad.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 15:35 Not a single issue Merse - lots of them when you pontificate. You have issues about Nicholson - yet make references when it suits you to things that he confided in you - but you constantly make excuses for Owers when in fact his record both regarding players and results is arguably worse than that of his predecessor. You love to criticise the performances of specific players even when you have not attended the games in question and you constantly hurl insults at anyone who dares to disagree with you, particularly if they manage to get under that infamously thick skin that you proudly proclaim that you have. In short you are the epitome of hypocrisy - the archetypal playground bully who metamorphosed into a grumpy old man half a century later - a latter day Sun King revelling in his own self adulation, demanding absolute adoration from all and sundry and throwing a temper tantrum when he doesn't get it ( a sort of North London parody of a North Korean dictator ).
It's good to know that I have progressed from a mere baboon to a "supernatural being, giant or friendly but mischievous dwarf" (the Oxford Dictionary definition of a troll) although I confess that I was unaware that either could be found in or crawling out of woodwork: still I bow to your superior Natural History knowledge, which is doubtless as extensive and infallible as your wisdom in matters pertaining to football. I had feared that you may have indulged in more imaginative insults - I would hate to be described as the pip beneath your denture or the boil upon your arse - but I should have realised that someone who cannot appreciate the nuances of irony or satire really would not have the wit to be imaginative: it's not just your skin that's thick is it Merse?
It's a pity that you are such a windbag Merse as some of your points are worthwhile; it's just that finding them is like looking for diamonds in a dung heap. It's only a suggestion, but perhaps you could preface your postings with some form of Invective Alert or Content Value Rating ( a scale from Young Rant to Old Codger's Opinion might be appropriate ): BOLD CAPITALS would be a good start ..........
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

goody2449 wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 19:24 :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost

Just wait for the Merse sycophants and lapdogs to leap to his defence.
We will be covered in their drool in next to no time.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

What does that mean above ?