Reece Mitchell

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Reece Mitchell

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Oh dear. Seen him a few times and Spireite pals not impressed at all. Some saying he has a poor attitude and doesn't seem bothered half the time. I guess he's as desperate as Torquay are but hopefully it will work out for both parties in the end.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

On that basis, he will blend in very well with the the losers we have already.
Lucy
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

I know we've not been blessed with successful signings in recent times, now is the time to give the new boys a fair chance, time isn't on their side as far as bedding in is concerned & they've GOT to hit the ground running from day 1, who knows how they'll do for us they can't be as poor as the current incumbents or can they ?
Get behind these new guys it may just be the chance they've all been looking for to resurrect their dwindling careers, if it doesn't work,well , we can all carry on bitching & deriding the management on their poor contacts etc etc .
So a very warm welcome from me fellas, show us what you've got & turn yourselves into cult heroes
So until then COME ON YOU YELLOWS
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

The concern is that he's 22 years old and barely done anything in a year and a half at Chesterfield which up to now has been his one and only club. If he cannot impress or show the right application for his first ever club, under two different managers, in front of 4 - 5,000 fans every other week and also a club who have been struggling during his time there then what chance him coming to a club a league lower and almost certainly relegated and in front of less than 2,000?

We won't know until he pulls on the shirt.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Well get him in a shirt & let's see what he can do, like I said before what've we got to lose ?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yorkieandy wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 23:00The concern is that he's 22 years old and barely done anything in a year and a half at Chesterfield which up to now has been his one and only club.
No it isn't he was a very successful and creative player in the Chelsea Academy and I remember him as a very pacey player and producer of many assists with his style of play, which is certainly missing from the play of the team at the moment. If he still plays in the same style then look forward to thrusting runs and taking on opponents at close quarters...........

I thought he took the right and correct decision to seek his future away from the Chelsea system when he went north and signed for Chesterfield in 2016 yet only 33 starts over two seasons suggest it might not have gone as well as he might have expected although Chesterfield have been pretty dreadful throughout that time and are now staring relegation into the National League in the face so it seems his contract might have been mutually ended early.

Chelsea rated him enough to offer him re-engagement terms in 2016 when he decided to turn those down to try and establish himself elsewhere.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I've seen him a few times too and more recently than you so i'll ignore your scouting report and go on what i've seen thankyou very much and take on board what other Chesterfield fans see who go every week and who i speak with every day because i live here. You aren't the only person in the whole world to have seen this dude play. Oh i forgot. I'm wrong. I must be because i'm not you.

I've seen him more recently than you and in competitive league football, not just in a Prem youth side so my opinion in this instance is more valid than yours. I know it's difficult to accept but do so.
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

aha AAGull taking on Merse ! Let's hope for TUFC's sake that this lad can find the form he appears to have lost up north. Remember Bodin was crap for us, but doing all right elsewhere. Be nice if someone 'crap' from elsewhere came & was good for us for a change.Not going to hold my breath, it's the hope that kills ya .
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Thing is Nina. I've not said he won't do a job for Torquay. I've said according to what i've seen and what others have seen and told me, he's not been very good. Hopefully he'll be amazing for Torquay.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Someone_Is_Wrong_On_The_Internet1.gif
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

:clap: :lol:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 00:01 No it isn't he was a very successful and creative player in the Chelsea Academy... signed for Chesterfield in 2016... might not have gone as well as he might have expected...
Yorkandy, I dont think Merse is disagreeing with you on his performances at Chesterfield, rather he concurs with you that it did not go as well as expected. Merse is merly relating to his other club, Chelsea. So, why did he leave Chelsea if he had the offer of an extended stay. Chelsea’s youth production is excellent, right up until those years when the task is to convert promise into first-team talent. At that point the lack of opportunity kicks in; players become disillusioned, lose direction, regress, become demotivated. So as Merse alludes too, Reece rightly took the decision to move to Chesterfield (league 1) as a new beginning which regretalby for him, appears to have been a 'baptism of fire'.

I accept your synopsis Yorkandy, being a local of the area and having seen him play, that Reece did not turn up for Chesterfield. Nonetheless, with his Chelsea development background since the age of 11, I am hoping we might have just snatched a good 'un. So, to this end, I can reliably inform that Adrian Viveash ex-Under-21 Manager at Chelsea (now acting assistant manager at Coventry) thought Reece's diligent and mature displays on either flank in attack made him one of his most indispensable players.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Let's give the lad a chance.

We're hardly going to be signing someone from their first team are we?

We are bottom of the league, situated in the arse end of nowhere to a footballer, and probably offering shit wages.

Every player we sign will be some kind of gamble...either unproven at this level, a journeyman or youngster trying to prove themselves.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

From what I can see on Twitter and the Chesterfield forums views on him are mixed. Several Spireite fans think he has a lot of ability, which he must have or Chelsea wouldn’t have looked at him, but that he had a poor season in 17/18. He played 28 League games in 16/17. Several also say that he wasn’t given a proper chance in a struggling side. I wish Reece Mitchell well, I hope for a proven striker to come in too.