Reece Mitchell

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 22:26 Just wait for the Merse sycophants and lapdogs to leap to his defence. We will be covered in their drool in next to no time.
Oh come on, TUFCyellow - Merse has told us what a great player Reece Mitchell is, so it must be so. After all, he also told us what a world class player Barnum Bob was, didn't he? ;-) In spite of all the opinions expressed on this thread, I will make my own judgement after I have seen him play a few games. That's assuming he will be given game time and not brought on with 10 minutes to go when we are losing 2 - 0 ........
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 22:34 What does that mean above ?
Keyboard jammed on 'Good Posting'
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I find merse posts like many other informative and interesting. The match day thread on btpir I use as a weekly magazine is put together surperb.
I'm not sticking up anyone but everyone brings there bit to this forum and everyone is different
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

tomogull wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 22:36 Oh come on, TUFCyellow - Merse has told us what a great player Reece Mitchell is, so it must be so. After all, he also told us what a world class player Barnum Bob was...
I think Merse can adequately defend himself. My point is why his comments are taken out of context. Did he say Reece Mitchell was a 'great' player, I seem to remember him saying he was a 'pacey player'. That's not one and the same thing. Did he really say Barnum Bob was a 'world class player'. Whilst I find that hard to believe, I stand to be corrected if you can support and corroborate your assertions with specific examples.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 22:36 Oh come on, TUFCyellow - Merse has told us what a great player Reece Mitchell is, so it must be so. After all, he also told us what a world class player Barnum Bob was, didn't he?
Any fool can look up the Jazzy Barnum-Bobb thread and read that I said: 'He's an attack-minded full-back who looked certain to make the grade at Watford and it was a shock to Academy coaches when he was released after two years as a scholar. Jazzi loves to attack, is composed in possession and is working to improve the defensive part of his game.'

Well I said any fool; but apparently........ :whistle:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

MellowYellow wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 23:20 I think Merse can adequately defend himself. My point is why his comments are taken out of context. Did he say Reece Mitchell was a 'great' player, I seem to remember him saying he was a 'pacey player'. That's not one and the same thing. Did he really say Barnum Bob was a 'world class player'. Whilst I find that hard to believe, I stand to be corrected if you can support and corroborate your assertions with specific examples.
Obviously, a touch of good old sarcasm - hence the winking smilie - was lost on you, Mellow.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Well on today's all be it brief cameo even I might stand a chance in the Chelsea youth team.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

.... has left us already it seems. Well that is according to Dave Thomas on the HE podcast.

Really saw too little of him to make a judgement, but the bit we did he didn’t seem to be what we need in our situation shall we say - being polite!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Don't feel the need to be polite CP. He went to Chesterfield, was poor and did nothing. He went to Torquay, was poor and did nothing.

Both clubs gave him an opportunity, both of which weren't taken so it's the clubs that have lost out as well as the player.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

CP Gull wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 18:43 .... has left us already it seems. Well that is according to Dave Thomas on the HE podcast.

Really saw too little of him to make a judgement, but the bit we did he didn’t seem to be what we need in our situation shall we say - being polite!
Has he! Another Gnabouyou? although he was signed on a non contract basis. My understanding is Mitchell was contracted up to 28 June 18. Hard to fathom Torquay's recruitment strategy sometimes - 30 plus games for a Football League outfit but can't fit into a non-league, bottom of the table, club.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

MellowYellow wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 09:29 Has he! Another Gnabouyou? although he was signed on a non contract basis. My understanding is Mitchell was contracted up to 28 June 18. Hard to fathom Torquay's recruitment strategy sometimes - 30 plus games for a Football League outfit but can't fit into a non-league, bottom of the table, club.
Nothing official has come from the club about this, but not in the 16 today.