Conrad Balatoni

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Conrad Balatoni

Post by Milner33 »

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Interesting signing for a change on the face of it. Mostly played for Partick Thistle in the Scottish leagues.

Scores the odd goal as a defender so maybe Owers is going for a 2 for 1 deal and not going to bring in any strikers. :S

International clearance? He's friggin English! Do you need that then when moving from north of the border?

Proposed length of contract anyone? Or shall we guess?

Looks promising then overall but he's NOT a striker and right now the club need them. Lots of them.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A good friend of mine who lives in Edinburgh is a Partick Thistle fan so I will seek his opinion on Mr. Balatoni.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Can't comment as I have never heard of him nor know of his playing abilities. The only information I can source is that in April 2016, Balatoni was criticised by Kilmarnock manager Lee Clark following a match away to Inverness Caledonian Thistle when, with Kilmarnock 1–0 ahead at the time, his backpass was intercepted leading to a red card for goalkeeper Jamie Macdonald and Kilmarnock went on to lose the match 3–1. Needless to say at the end of that season his contract was cancelled.

When I see yet another journeyman defender signing (who is out of contract) I do ask myself why we ever let Giancarlo Gallifuoco, go to become the defensive backbone of Dover FC. He was only 22 years, very versatile with a lot of potential and pretty much always gave a 100% commitment. I expect CO wishes he had not put so much player budget constraints on NIcho at the end of that season as it has cost him a pretty penny more since.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 10 Jan 2018, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Well Balatoni is quoted as wanting to play abroad so he's got his wish, moving to England!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yet again a journey man out of contract, who will just make the numbers up. For a moment I thought we had signed balotelli
Lucy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 19:23 Yet again a journey man out of contract, who will just make the numbers up. For a moment I thought we had signed balotelli
Well he'd be no good either.

We need a goalscorer.......... :}
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

You can’t not be satisfied with this signing (on the face of it, at least). 100+ games at a decent level (and before anyone slags off the Scottish FL, Bobby Olejnik and Favid Graham prove that decent players there do exist), and a league not dissimilar to this in terms of style of play etc. I’d be surprised if international clearance was an issue before the weekend - even Falkirk is civilised enough for computers and fax machines. I think GO was “Head of Recruitment” for an SPL side in days gone by (Hearts or Hibs I think) so may well be someone he’s seen plenty off.

I like the way in true torquay fashion we’ve already started digging up dirty laundry on said player. Find me a centre half who’s not made a mistake, and I’ll show you someone far too good to ever play for us. An SPL/Scottish Championship player should be more than capable.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Don't think it's got anything to do with where the players from, think it's more down to Scotland and England being two separate federations (F.A'S) independent of each other competing in UEFA run competitions as separate countries , therefore, if his registration is held by the Scottish F.A then international clearance would be required, sure I'll soon be corrected by Merse if I have that wrong ;-)

As for the player, come on, lets judge him on what he does for TUFC.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Jeff wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 19:27 You can’t not be satisfied with this signing (on the face of it, at least). 100+ games at a decent level (and before anyone slags off the Scottish FL, Bobby Olejnik and Favid Graham prove that decent players there do exist), and a league not dissimilar to this in terms of style of play etc. I’d be surprised if international clearance was an issue before the weekend - even Falkirk is civilised enough for computers and fax machines. I think GO was “Head of Recruitment” for an SPL side in days gone by (Hearts or Hibs I think) so may well be someone he’s seen plenty off.

I like the way in true torquay fashion we’ve already started digging up dirty laundry on said player. Find me a centre half who’s not made a mistake, and I’ll show you someone far too good to ever play for us. An SPL/Scottish Championship player should be more than capable.
:goodpost: I agree. Let’s also not forget Wes Saunders, an Englishman who joined the Gulls from Dundee. A fine player.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

looks ok to me...

just hope he's not a replacement for McGinty..... :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Jeff wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 19:27 I think GO was “Head of Recruitment” for an SPL side in days gone by (Hearts or Hibs I think) so may well be someone he’s seen plenty off.
Motherwell, march 2015 to June 2015.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 20:14 :goodpost: I agree. Let’s also not forget Wes Saunders, an Englishman who joined the Gulls from Dundee. A fine player.
Only after he switched from midfield to central defence. He was awful when he first arrived.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

My Partick Thistle friend reports;

Balatoni is a decent all round player but his defensive qualities have been found wanting over the past few years. He has a good eye for the ball but gets out of position from time to time.

We just have to hope he has something to prove and will do well at Plainmoor.
mus
Trialist
Trialist

Post by mus »

But in Fairness the SPL is about the level of league 1 so Conference Prem he should do ok!