An open letter to Clarke Osbourne.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

An open letter to Clarke Osbourne.

Post by Teigngull »

Dear Mr Osbourne.
As a Torquay United supporter since 1978. I as a fan of the club am asking you politely to either treat the footballing side with the respect it deserves or ship out.
What on earth is going on ? Why have we sunk so low that nobody expects us to win a single game anymore ? Do you even care ? Losing football matches is part & parcel of the game but don't you think you're abusing the privilege ?
Not one supporter wants you or any of your cronies having anymore to do with our club, if we are to sink even lower we can do it on our own thank you.
It has been proved before that clubs can come back from the dead with supporter ownership so if you feel you have the upper hand over us then I urge you to think again. We will not be down trodden by you or yours, you may be the financial clout within the club why can you not be open & upfront with your plans for Torquay United, if it is to be wound down as it is no longer financially viable to run a full time professional football club in Torquay, then bloody well have the guts to tell us. Stop treating us (well most of us) like idiots.
Your reputation goes before you Clarke Osbourne some say you are as dodgy as the Irish dollar (I don't know myself) but what have you done to allay those thoughts ?
After todays pathetic performance against Wrexham including the stellar signings you put your financial clout behind what will you be doing this evening ? Laughing ? Rubbing your hands together ? Or are you bloody furious at yet another inept surrender from your charges ?
Will you be demanding to see your management team (the ones you appointed on the say so of a certain Mr Harrop) & expecting answers to put this situation right very soon ?
Please do not be frightened to speak out & say it as it is Mr Osbourne, after what we have been through over the years the truth would be a welcome surprise.
I leave this open letter for your perusal & await your reply through the local media with baited breath.
Yours sincerely
Triangular
Weymouth
C/o Torquay Fans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

that's a long letter.

Mine would just say "Please f*ck off now."
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I think it's quite clear now that CO doesn't mind making himself unpopular. It's business in a way i guess. Who cares what us lot think so long as he gets what he wants? That's how lots of people make lots of money. They aren't sensitive to abuse or criticism.

Ultimately what we think has no bearing or influence on anything. It's what we do that has.

Not so much actions not words but more actions not thoughts.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Not criticising you teigngull at all so don't want it to come across that way. I applaud your effort and for caring enough to post that but CO won't read it let alone respond and even if he did read it he'd just wet himself because that's what the fans are up against.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

No criticism taken yorkie. I have to try , I've been through effin hell supporting this football club from the elations such as Ray Bishop worldie v sheff wed to playing man city off the park in a 0-0 draw in the league cup to the dudes winner v spurs Paul Hirons winner v west ham and magical moments like dobbo & mcnichol v Crewe etc etc and also thev utter shite of the David Webb days waiting to find out if Stevenages ground is up to football league standards the Roberts era the ripping off of the bristles etc etc. I am so apoplectic over it it's ruining my weekends every weekend, the wife says it's only football I tell her TUFC is my first love, oops !
Like I said I have to try .
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Teigngull wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 18:14 No criticism taken yorkie. I have to try , I've been through effin hell supporting this football club from the elations such as Ray Bishops worldie v sheff wed to playing man city off the park in a 0-0 draw in the league cup to the dudes winner v spurs Paul Hirons winner v west ham and magical moments like dobbo & mcnichol v Crewe etc etc and also the utter shite of the David Webb days waiting to find out if Stevenages ground is up to football league standards the Roberts era the ripping off of the bristows etc etc. I am so apoplectic over it it's ruining my weekends every weekend, the wife says it's only football I tell her TUFC is my first love, oops !
Like I said I have to try .
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 17:39 that's a long letter.

Mine would just say "Please f*ck off now."
:clap: :goodpost: :nod:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

Your point about fan ownership is interesting. Look at Exeter for example - they've come from the brink and now look at them.

The model is fairly simple for me - have the best training facilities you can, the best academy and staff that you can and then sell on those players that can play at a higher level and continue to re-invest in the club.

Dan Gosling, Ollie Watkins just two players that could easily have been captured by Torquay had the structure been correct.

I think fan ownership has to be the long term way forward where right from the top of the club we know "the why" people are involved is for the right reasons. Nothing I've seen or heard has convinced me that Mr O is here for the right reasons thus far.
dawlishmatt

Post by dawlishmatt »

Why is everyone blaming our current plight on mr osbourne. He took over the club just days before we were going into administration. Without clarke osbourne there would be no tufc. This season mr osbourne has invested heavily in tufc. A vastly increased playing budget, a complete overhaul of the infrustructure of the club, plans to start a youth acadamy and a reserve team. When things started to go wrong at the beginning of the season, the manager, kevin nicholson was sacked. The blame lies not with clarke osbourne but the the current management team at the club. The manager is completly out of his debth. Gary owers should be sacked. Mr osbourne has stated on many occasions that he knows little about football. Thats why he appointed mr harrop as general manager. Mr harrop made the mistake of appointing mr owers and he alone is to blame for the shambles on the football field
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

In theory, fan ownership is a good idea. Ran with passion for the football club, and trying to make it sustainable. But do you seriously think CO will give the club to the fans? Hell no. He’s getting what he wants.

I asked on a separate thread about the tust, and if they were still going. I actually saw on their twitter earlier they hadn’t tweeted since september. Look what’s happened since then. I genuinely feel like everyone has given up and accepted the end is nigh. And that is the real heartbreak Mr Owers.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

He's even more unlikely to read this as his name is Clarke Osborne. You'd be advised to send your letter to Gaming International. Sorry but writing on here might make you feel better but it's not going to the person who matters.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

nickbrod wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 21:39 He's even more unlikely to read this as his name is Clarke Osborne. You'd be advised to send your letter to Gaming International. Sorry but writing on here might make you feel better but it's not going to the person who matters.
Bit of a harsh tone in the post nick but accurate fair enough.

Sending a letter to Clark or Gaming won't matter either unfortunately.

I'm glad at least that for a change it's not me who has resurfaced the 'phoenix club' mantra again although IMO it's the only solution now.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Whatever happens depends for me on plainmoor , keep that and maybe if a club rises from ashes or a miracle where someone takes over club , we still play there. If we lose plainmoor then it's bye bye club forever and ever.

It's plainmoor or bust. I'd rather have plainmoor in southern league that gi stadium in the football league anyday.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

I'd rather just have a football club representing the town regardless of where they play and what league they are in. So long as i have a say in the running of things as a member and my contributions in terms of support, financial input and voluntary actions are valued and make a real difference then that's fine by me. How long can you lot go on shovelling time and money into a club that's clearly going down the shitter. It's sad but i think this is the reality and after 5 years of this i find it difficult to believe there are still fans who believe otherwise.

Is it not best to put time, money and energy into something we all have control over. A fan owned and run club. Whatever the level. All the clubs like Scarborough and Hereford had to start somewhere. Both now aren't a million miles from where they left off and minus the twatty owners.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Agree yorkie , all I would say from my opinion if the club went bust and lost plainmoor say , then for me the identity has gone. Scarborough is a good example , there ground is now housing and though they have a home now its nothing compared to the old ground.