Where is Clarke Osborne?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Where is Clarke Osborne?

Post by Bristol_Gull »

In my mind the clubs owners have to ultimately take responsibility and accountability for the success of the club.

As always no where to be seen, no where to be heard.

It is beyond unacceptable to stay in the shadows when the club is fighting for its life.

This may well be the most terrible example of leadership that I have personally witnessed in my life.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

:rules: King Clarke is in his counting house counting all his money
Fat Harrops in the canteen filling up his tummy
The manager's on the training ground blasting out his views
The local paper's USELESS it won't give us the news
The players look the part even though they can only pose
Supporting this football club is like a smack on the nose. :whistle:

Sing it to the tune of sing a song of sixpence & cheer yourselves up :bow:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Personally I couldn't give a shit where he is. He's just a complete wanker.
Lucy
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Everybody has told him to **** off.

Now, everybody wants to know where he is.

Hopefully, he has done what we asked, and **** off.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Clarke is in the dark
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Now that all the convoluted and stage managed nonsense to discredit the message I have as regards the astonishing claim that 'all the problems' are on the pitch has died down from earlier in the day ~ no they are not!

Be aware that there's a cessation notice lodged at Companies House on 2nd November 2017. Gaming International no longer has significant control over Riviera Stadium Limited.

There's a notification received the same day that Clarke Osborne now has significant control of Riviera Stadium Limited. That means the person named directly, or indirectly, holds 75% of the company's shares.
Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/thr ... z53XmHf7CE

It's the spectre of loans into the company that need to be keenly monitored for this is the stealth by which he acquired the football club in the first place; that is what did for the board of Dave Phillips. Don't expect Osborne to come out and say just what he is up to ~ that's not his style by a long chalk ~ has he even been seen at a home game this season? I don't think that he has but that's not to definitely say he hasn't been to one or two in a less prominent seat than he used to use.

If Osborne gets the freehold, loans against the football club could ultimately kill it if you are of the view that he is a property developer rather than stadium developer.....and he is yet to develop a stadium anywhere has he.

Riviera Stadium remains the owner of Torquay United. But the ownership of Riviera Stadium appears to have changed ~ in the most subtle of fashions. Will supporters who are not bothered enough to care, the tame local media, the council and the wider community continue to perceive Torquay United as being under the ownership of Gaming International, erstwhile international leisure operators and stadium developers? Or purely under the private ownership of one individual aside from his main business activity? Has the Herald Express even covered or bothered commenting on this recent change? I don't think that they have so nothing changes there leading the gullible to assume that 'all the problems this season lay on the pitch'

Presumably, owning Torquay United wasn't particularly good business for GI. The club now appears to be amongst that mixed ~ and constantly evolving ~ portfolio of Clark Osborne's various non-GI business interests........check him out on Companies House yourself if you don't believe me and are of the school that believes I am ranting
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

I think most if not all are aware of the situation both on and off the pitch. Your rant as you put it seems to be directed out of frustration at the apparent apathy of fans who aren’t shouting from the rooftops like yourself.
I like may others agree with you regarding the situation .
However the real question is what can be done about it !
Have we as fans got any legal discourse to actually remedy the situation ?
I’m guessing not because it would have been suggested by now ,probably by you in fact.
So the apathy is understandable given that there doesn’t seem to be anything we can do other than moan about it on these forums.
So what do you suggest ?
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

merse btpir wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 23:29 Now that all the convoluted and stage managed nonsense to discredit the message I have as regards the astonishing claim that 'all the problems' are on the pitch has died down from earlier in the day ~ no they are not!
You truly are a pathetic man Merse your ignominy within recent posts just proves that.

Once again a long-winded self-indulgent rant about the ownership of TUFC. Does it really matter if CO owns the club solely or whether CO owns GI and owns the club that way. Either way he's paid his money (amount unknown by any of us, considering what must be being paid into the club on a monthly basis!!) so it's up to him to decide how he does his business whether we like it or not. And as for him attending homes games, does it matter?? how many have you been to? you still take an interest so why shouldnt he?

As for your constant belittling of other forum members and fans; what have you done to right the wrongs at the club?? i for one, along with other members of the forum have written emails/letters to local councillors/MPs/ local press ( be it TV or Written), What have you done??? Surely we should all be pulling in one direction?? If you're so in the know, why don't you take the lead and actually do something positive that other fans/forum members can support!!! I'm sure 100 voices are louder than the individual approach thats happened so far.

And for any "fool" as you have put it that doesn't understand the problems at TUFC stem from what happens on the pitch, I back them 100%. Manchester United and Liverpool football clubs weren't created from business men/property owners (regardless of who owns them now, before you start spitting off about the Glazers etc) they were built on the foundation of SUCCESS ON THE FIELD OF PLAY!!!. That is where it counts. If TUFC were 16 points clear at the top of League 2, would anyone really care who owns them??? I would suggest probably not!!! Therefore, I say again, and I will continue to say it, the biggest problem at TQ1 is the football side of things and on the pitch!!!!! Untill there is some fight and passion instilled into the players from the manager (that is his job after all!!) then the club is going further and further down the football pyramid, regardless of who owns them!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

For one; it is imperetive that the club does not die a slow death through apathy because if the club dies the lease dies with it; if the lease goes then it will not be here for any imagined 'phoenix club'. So this destructive talk about no longer being worth watching, the season being over, the management being crap is actually doing the job for anyone who wants to see this come about........

The last management was so poor it just had to be replaced; likewise the current situation where it is becoming more obvious by the week that this management do not have the spirit of the dressing room so necessary in any club has to be taken as another realisation that Torquay United are still not being managed in a manner commensurate with being a member of the National League........and it goes above and beyond the Head Coach and his assistant.

So support your trust rather than ridicule them; demand that they take a higher profile because their presence and their representation of the supporters is the only thing that is constructive and structured, as per Football Supporters Federation and Supporters Direct guidelines. This has to include being in an agreed position of being a 'critical friend' when necessary and it also needs to include being in a position to step in and own/run the football club when the inevitable time comes when Osborne either decides to separate the club from his stadium owning aims or dispose of it as a capital venture.

Furthermore, the trust now also have an ongoing dialogue with the Torquay United Community Sports Trust and are also moving some way forward in establishing a clarity with the Torquay United Official Supporters Club so that ~ although they may have some differences in their aims ~ they are all working towards the same end, and that is to expand the awareness and support for our club!

At a time of prolonged (5 years of it) failure on the pitch, that is a very hard thing to do and when a fledgling body like TUOST has it's founder and chairman gleefully taking encouragement from the past chairman and board and calls BTPIR and this forum 'Keyboard Wankers' ; it shows there is much to do.

A chasm between club ownership and it's official and unofficial supporting bodies is no good for anyone. Blinkered dislike of a messenger when it is the message also you do not like is merely playing into any malevolent owners' hands. We can keep making a noise and keep these beggars in the Town Hall on their toes or we can abjectly sit back and pretend 'the troubles are all out there on the pitch'.

The 'noise' has got to be loud and it has go to be unrelenting to keep the local politicians on their toes and ensure that they continue to act in their historic manner and side with those who would vote for them on the condition that they continue to ensure that the freehold of Plainmoor remains in public ownership and not as part of some business plan to extract the maximum profit it can from acquiring the family silver of the borough.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

goody2449 wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 06:46 You truly are a pathetic man Merse your ignominy within recent posts just proves that.

Once again a long-winded self-indulgent rant about the ownership of TUFC. Does it really matter if CO owns the club solely or whether CO owns GI and owns the club that way. Either way he's paid his money (amount unknown by any of us, considering what must be being paid into the club on a monthly basis!!) so it's up to him to decide how he does his business whether we like it or not. And as for him attending homes games, does it matter?? how many have you been to? you still take an interest so why shouldnt he?

As for your constant belittling of other forum members and fans; what have you done to right the wrongs at the club?? i for one, along with other members of the forum have written emails/letters to local councillors/MPs/ local press ( be it TV or Written), What have you done??? Surely we should all be pulling in one direction?? If you're so in the know, why don't you take the lead and actually do something positive that other fans/forum members can support!!! I'm sure 100 voices are louder than the individual approach thats happened so far.

And for any "fool" as you have put it that doesn't understand the problems at TUFC stem from what happens on the pitch, I back them 100%. Manchester United and Liverpool football clubs weren't created from business men/property owners (regardless of who owns them now, before you start spitting off about the Glazers etc) they were built on the foundation of SUCCESS ON THE FIELD OF PLAY!!!. That is where it counts. If TUFC were 16 points clear at the top of League 2, would anyone really care who owns them??? I would suggest probably not!!! Therefore, I say again, and I will continue to say it, the biggest problem at TQ1 is the football side of things and on the pitch!!!!! Untill there is some fight and passion instilled into the players from the manager (that is his job after all!!) then the club is going further and further down the football pyramid, regardless of who owns them!
Oh dear.

It’s because of supporters like this, tha companies like GI/Osborne can get their claws into football clubs, knowing fully well that gullible fans will tug their forelocks and turn the other cheek.

It’s precisely because of GI that we have problems on the pitch. Don’t you get it?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We had problems on the pitch long before they rocked up.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

I do get it Dave, I really do. GI is a poison that unfortunately runs through our club, But nobody can disagree that they gave Nicho the funds, and after a ridiculous amount of time appointing him they've backed Owers with all the loan signings he's brought in. Had these signings "worked" and we were top of the league would the focus solely be on the ownership of the club?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think you mean Hector :)

As for your question, yes it would still be the focus for me because of the history of devastation left at numerous sporting clubs in the past. If they can do what they did to a club like Bristol Rovers then what chance do we stand?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

merse btpir wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 23:29 Now that all the convoluted and stage managed nonsense to discredit the message I have as regards the astonishing claim that 'all the problems' are on the pitch has died down from earlier in the day ~ no they are not!

Be aware that there's a cessation notice lodged at Companies House on 2nd November 2017. Gaming International no longer has significant control over Riviera Stadium Limited.

There's a notification received the same day that Clarke Osborne now has significant control of Riviera Stadium Limited. That means the person named directly, or indirectly, holds 75% of the company's shares.
Read more: http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/thr ... z53XmHf7CE

It's the spectre of loans into the company that need to be keenly monitored for this is the stealth by which he acquired the football club in the first place; that is what did for the board of Dave Phillips. Don't expect Osborne to come out and say just what he is up to ~ that's not his style by a long chalk ~ has he even been seen at a home game this season? I don't think that he has but that's not to definitely say he hasn't been to one or two in a less prominent seat than he used to use.

If Osborne gets the freehold, loans against the football club could ultimately kill it if you are of the view that he is a property developer rather than stadium developer.....and he is yet to develop a stadium anywhere has he.

Riviera Stadium remains the owner of Torquay United. But the ownership of Riviera Stadium appears to have changed ~ in the most subtle of fashions. Will supporters who are not bothered enough to care, the tame local media, the council and the wider community continue to perceive Torquay United as being under the ownership of Gaming International, erstwhile international leisure operators and stadium developers? Or purely under the private ownership of one individual aside from his main business activity? Has the Herald Express even covered or bothered commenting on this recent change? I don't think that they have so nothing changes there leading the gullible to assume that 'all the problems this season lay on the pitch'

Presumably, owning Torquay United wasn't particularly good business for GI. The club now appears to be amongst that mixed ~ and constantly evolving ~ portfolio of Clark Osborne's various non-GI business interests........check him out on Companies House yourself if you don't believe me and are of the school that believes I am ranting
This is what we need people banging the drum and making people aware of the possible threat. If history had shown osborne had successfull ventures then it would be different. Merse and others clearly have understanding of business better than me and others so carrying banging that drum because we are not getting much noise our of the plainmoor hierarchy.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

That's a fair comment. But I agree, what do we do?? I'm not sure, I'm just a "thick squaddie" but i and I imagine a number of forum members would certainly back and support any movement proposed. That is my main point, we've tried but come to no success, therefore were stuck having to support a dwindling football team under the management of a baboon.