Where is Clarke Osborne?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

"If I were to remain silent, I'd be guilty of complicity "

Albert Einstein

Think first of all we all need to speak up against what We fear and keep it in the public domain. Tell your friends and neighbours because if we all say and do nothing then your allowing it to happen. Like you goody I'm not a expert in law and no expert say in people's actual motive. The fear is simple for me , losing plainmoor and then having private rent for a Saturday at sports/leisure complex owned by GI. It will be the death of us. Osborne wants to make money by say for example build a stadium for 1million and make 2 million from plainmoor ( just a example ) after that million pounds do you think that club will continue without osborne screwing it even more.
He is a football owner wanting to make money out of a situation , don't tell me he cares about the welfare of the club or the fans. Same for the clown Harrop , now I find out he is related !!! Stinks the lot of It and hope everyone like merse keeps banging the drum !!!!!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 07:56 Same for the clown Harrop , now I find out he is related !!! Stinks the lot of It and hope everyone like merse keeps banging the drum !!!!!!

It was through Harrop confiding in someone who broke that confidence that I learned of his ambition from a friend who had been told the tale whilst down at Yeovil Town on football related business.........

..........and so the hunt was on; who was it who was getting involved in Torquay United and (as we surmised) was going to install Geoff Harrop as 'manager'? Well prior to that a rather worried Dave Phillips had told me at Chesham (when we played there in the FA Trophy) that the board were so desperate for a capital injection he feared they might be getting into bed with someone who the support would really not like ~ the trail led to Clarke Osborne with all his history of involvement in the Bristol Rovers removal from Eastville, the Hereford United scandal and the closure of the Reading, Oxford and Milton Keynes speedway and greyhound stadiums.

Chris Pascoe posting as cpgull spilled the beans on BTPIR back in January 2016 and yet STILL there are those choosing to turn a blind eye to it all, aided and abetted by a compliant Herald Express and other media in the south west of dubious intellect/ambivalence or pure pressure to bear to turn their own blind eye.

Believe me; the least of the club's 'problems' right now are on the pitch and certainly not all of them. There are people working hard lobbying and getting key decision makers to listen for the very reason of the realisation that this is another scenario that almost mirrors the outwardly generous input of capital into Hereford United that saw the club softened up into reliance on that capital and then the 'chips' were called in with disastrous consequences.

The board of Dave Phillips and Co saw their chips called in when the collateral of their shareholding that had been put up against the injection of funds needed to get Kevin Nicholson's first foray into management out of trouble was taken by the lender...it's an old, old tactic!

Phillips had been genuinely and enthusiastically making noises about 'an American' developer willing to relocate he club to The Willows and Osborne (through his brother-in-law) saw an opportunity. He would take up the same baton and make conveniently nice noises about it; paint lovely pictures about it and tempt the cash-strapped local authority into selling some more municipal family silver.

Harrop had been a 'manager' fro one game in the wake of the Dean Edwards departure and saw (through his brother- in- law' support) his opportunity. We have seen all this; we have shouted long and loud about all this but the local media chooses to ignore us and deny us the oxygen of publicity and STILL ambivalent supporters ~ very genuine and loyal supporters ~ continue to sit blithely ignoring the warnings.

Everything those who feared Harrop's involvement in the footballing operation has come to pass on the pitch and the continuing spectre of GI/Osborne involvement continues off it.

Wake up and smell the coffee!
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Coffee is strong merse. I listen to what a lot say on here. It's not about how loud someone shouts , how abrupt someone can sound ▪ but the content of the message is all I'm interested in. The content of the messages from merse and others is frightening. I've read every post nearly on here and many on the other 2 forums and it's very apparent that we need people to bang that drum and provide detailed reasoning why we should be worried.

Please can someone answer this as I'm not sure.
Is osborne keeping the club going for now because if the club collapses then the deal to " buy plainmoor and build club a new stadia ceases to be a option "
I assume if club ceased then plainmoor would then either be either used for something else ( shops housing ECT )
Or possibly leased back to a Phoenix club ( not assuming that would be possible or indeed just that simple )

With Harrop being related and being in charge of footballing related matters it's seem all very conflicting.

Makes you think those 4 weeks without a manager clearly showed many professional people saw this situation and run a mile.
Was Gary owers full time at bath city or part time
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 11:14 Is osborne keeping the club going for now because if the club collapses then the deal to " buy plainmoor and build club a new stadia ceases to be a option. I assume if club ceased then plainmoor would then either be either used for something else ( shops housing ECT ) Or possibly leased back to a Phoenix club (not assuming that would be possible or indeed just that simple )
I'm certain he needs to keep the club running in order to get to a situation where he can re-locate it and execute the acquistion of the freehold of Plainmoor and build the club a new stadium ~ the promise of which is the bait in the trap and it is the man's singular failuire to ever buid a new stadium that has to be the most alarming aspect of this whole story but the Herald Express put the censor's blue pencil through it don't they.

Would he keep the football club in his ownership once he has re-located them? Not on your life they wouldn't ~ he would be looking to rent them their home under new owners (possibly community owned) in his new stadium ~ and how viable would that be?

As far as I know; Owers was part-time at Bath City along with everyone else there but I stand to be corrected on that.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Pete Masters has gone very quiet, too busy with deciding the fate of Truro City I presume, but he is surely lurking in the background. What part does he still have to play I wonder?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Not only that; but (just as in Truro) the new stadium needs to be built complete and operational before any notion of the freehold of Plainmoor changing hands and especially closure can be considered.

It hasn't happened that way in Truro and look at the mess they are in now.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Ok just trying to build the picture in my head. Harrop is related to osborne so as a DOF would he banging on osbornes door demanding the best in terms of finance and support for the CLUB. My answer would be no , reminds me of Richard Hancock and the batesons. They are in bed together !!! I would think this compromises that role Harrop has. It's a cozy affair and not one of the common ambition of the success of the club.
I would think osbornes ambition is only to keep the club going , and Harrop is doing that with the minimal finance he can. Still believe herrera would have been in charge if Harrops plan that the gulls would win a few games under him had happened. Not saying that's right or wrong but it would have been a cheap option.
What would happen to the stadium if tufc went under ???
Guess that's a million doller question ?
How can we drum up simple publicity ? The local press have no guts . We all need to be on our guard and that scaffolding thread I laughed at first but then realised don't laugh at anything because it might just happen. Eagle eyes and ears are a must.
Would these loans be what I call financial blackmail to the council , sell the ground , reep the money and have a new stadia for the club. Or call in the loans and have no club and a empty plainmoor.
But couldn't council then just sell the ground , I'm assuming they could call in this convient if it's not long being used for sport.

It's all confusing but there is no doubt osborne is a clever and successfull businessmen and would take full advantage of it all.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

[align=center]Image
The statement issued before Christmas[/align]
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

merse btpir wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 14:04 [align=center]Image
The statement issued before Christmas[/align]
I don't understand. That mean they looking too sell on. Or maybe it's just a intent with other means
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

Osborne has been executing a tried and tested, textbook plan since he first saw pound signs amongst the green grass of Plainmoor.

I don’t post often but the theme of my posts since hearing his name linked to the club has been consistent and very very negative. This is not without basis and I was so encouraged when we, the fans, seemed to win a minor victory when the Mayor was trying to push through his cosy deal and Osborne was forced to back off.

However, his tactic is classic, lie low, stay quiet when people are really on the attack, or maybe appease them with some meaningless statements. He then continues to plot, comes again and again until such time as resistance dies down. The concern is how long enough fans will continue to bother each and every time he tries again. I genuinely believe the awful performances are designed to cause all but the most active fans to give up on the club.

Somehow we must try and stave this off as long as possible. The only way we can ‘succeed’ is to stop him getting the freehold. I have my doubts that we have any chance of saving the club now it’s so far under his spell but personally my main objective now is to simply stop history be allowed to so blatantly repeat itself.

I dont know him from Adam but those who knock Merse’s inciteful and reasoned exposes of what Osborne is up to need to stop burying their heads and forget any personal issues with him!
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

knightmaregull wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 18:18 Osborne has been executing a tried and tested, textbook plan since he first saw pound signs amongst the green grass of Plainmoor.

I don’t post often but the theme of my posts since hearing his name linked to the club has been consistent and very very negative. This is not without basis and I was so encouraged when we, the fans, seemed to win a minor victory when the Mayor was trying to push through his cosy deal and Osborne was forced to back off.

However, his tactic is classic, lie low, stay quiet when people are really on the attack, or maybe appease them with some meaningless statements. He then continues to plot, comes again and again until such time as resistance dies down. The concern is how long enough fans will continue to bother each and every time he tries again. I genuinely believe the awful performances are designed to cause all but the most active fans to give up on the club.

Somehow we must try and stave this off as long as possible. The only way we can ‘succeed’ is to stop him getting the freehold. I have my doubts that we have any chance of saving the club now it’s so far under his spell but personally my main objective now is to simply stop history be allowed to so blatantly repeat itself.

I dont know him from Adam but those who knock Merse’s inciteful and reasoned exposes of what Osborne is up to need to stop burying their heads and forget any personal issues with him!
What if those that live in the Torbay area lobby the MP Kevin Foster. If enough bombard his office expressing concerns then a response is sure to be issued . I suspect that the response will undoubtedly be a fob off to the council however that would be a dangerous move should the whole situationg go tits up.
Its worth a bash isn’t it.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 19:43 :goodpost:

What if those that live in the Torbay area lobby the MP Kevin Foster. If enough bombard his office expressing concerns then a response is sure to be issued . I suspect that the response will undoubtedly be a fob off to the council however that would be a dangerous move should the whole situationg go tits up.
Its worth a bash isn’t it.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

knightmaregull wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 18:18 Osborne has been executing a tried and tested, textbook plan since he first saw pound signs amongst the green grass of Plainmoor.

Quite possibly the post of the month and year. Well done.
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

This gives you an idea of the sort of drop we can expect next season the way things are going:

A lot less interest; a lot less media coverage and damned lucky if the ball-by-ball commentary service survives ~ especially from away games.

You'll be hard pressed to get to some of the grounds by public transport and equally hard pressed to equate them to the type of venues we currently play at and especially those long lost Football League grounds we used to visit.

Vanarama National League South attendance table:
1: Dartford 944
2: Chelmsford City 905
3. Wealdstone 894
4: Havant & W 762
5: St Albans 750
6: Bath City 685
7: Bognor Regis 675
8: Chippenham 667
9: Braintree Town 577
10: Welling United 569
11: Eastbourne Borough 527
12: Hemel Hempstead 522
13: Hampton & RB 513
14: Weston-super-Mare 512
15: Truro City 501
16: Poole Town 388
17: Gloucester City 315
18: East Thurrock 289
19: Concord Rangers 276
20: Hungerford Town 269
21: Whitehawk 263
22: Oxford City 259
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Some posters on another thread still seem to think TUFC will get similar to what they are now next season if in the NLS. I still disagree.

Even less when you chuck in that the similarities between NLS and NLN are few and far between.

For example.

Stockport, York, Darlington are all ex league clubs with great support. FC United get great support as do Salford. There are a number of ex conference clubs in there too like Kiddy, Southport, Tamworth, Boston, Telford too.

When you factor in the relatively short travelling distances between most clubs in the NLN and the greater supporter numbers of lots of clubs then it's clear to see that if you apply both of these criteria to the NLS next season that TUFC will struggle. They'll struggle to get away fans down to Plainmoor most weeks and also the fixtures are that enticing as say York v Stockport / FC United v Salford etc are meaning less home interest also.