Where is Clarke Osborne?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Teigngull wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 14:36 TUFC fans are probably one of if not the most fickle set of fans in the country. If we do find ourselves in nls next season & struggle crowds will plummet, but on the other hand if we are right in the mix you could more than likely see crowds well in excess of 2000 + after a sustained run of positive results. If results take a 3 - 4 game downward turn we'll lose a few hundred this is Torquay United it's always been like it .
I think it's massively unfair to label the whole fan base as fickle. Yes there is a proportion who will quickly find something else to do when we are struggling but our attendances are remarkably good when you consider how much shite we have been forced to suffer over the past few years!
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

merse btpir wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 17:41 I wouldn't take it as read that Billericay will win the league just because of their inordinately bigger playing budget (rumoured to be in excess of £35,000 per week compared to Hamlet's newly pruned £5000 per week.........the wheels could come off the Billericay bus anytime with such extravagant funding and more than likely will.

I've seen Glenn Tamplin described as a 'steel magnate' but having known of him for nearly thirty years I can tell you he is a steel (scaffolding and RSJs; beams and posts) stockholder but more significantly has made a lot of money from property speculation and development.

He is quite genuine but a fruit loop ~ OCD, born again Christian and habitual social evangelist. He 'co-manages' the side becasue he can't let himself just be the owner; he has a fine manager in Harry Wheeler but has to be in the technical area putting in his two penneth worth. His previous manager Craig Edwards (as old school as they come) was having none of that and walked out a fortnight after Glenn walked in.....no falling out; just wasn't having it!

Hamlet are in trouble throught their developer/ground owners blackmailinig the local authority ~ LB of Soutwark ~ into dropping affordable housing quotas on the planned for re-development of their ground by starving the club they agreed to fund as leverage to get the property deal (familiar one that eh?) and appearing to force them into closure.

The public have responded witha loud rasberry and are supporting them with some fantastic attendances, generous donations towards the weeky costs and the team are bloody good anyway.

That is Gavin Tomlin once of Torquay United in their squad, as a somewhat verteran his pitch time is limited but he remains one of the very best of many good players in that league which sees only the champions go up automatically and one from the next six from the play-offs.....significatly Hamlet have been in those play-offs for the past four seasons without making that final push. Las season I followed then to Bognor Regis for the final where they 'never turned' up as the saying goes.

If we have to go down; then playing at Champion Hill would be the highlight of my season...a super club; a wonderful day out and last week my son and I sat on the halfway line for a fiver yet I spent north of £40 on food and drink; not leaving the ground until an hour and a half after the final whistle having got their two hours befiore. Thai curries, quality burgers, the finest of fine ale and nice comfy leather settees in the clubhouse ~ and it was still packed when we left!
I’d be quite happy to see Dulwich get promoted, even if it’s just on the basis of their kit colours. Although they’ve had enough near misses recently to deserve the chance to go up.

On the subject of NLS grounds difficult to get to, I think Concord Rangers must top the lot! Although potential challengers to Dulwich for promotion Leiston would also be an horrendous journey for Gulls fans from far and wide
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

DevonYellow wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 17:55 I think it's massively unfair to label the whole fan base as fickle. Yes there is a proportion who will quickly find something else to do when we are struggling but our attendances are remarkably good when you consider how much shite we have been forced to suffer over the past few years!
Torquay united fans in my humble 40 years of supporting them are as fickle as they come if they weren't I wouldn't say it , I'm sorry if it upset you but there it is !
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Well Ive supported Torquay for nearly 60 years and to call our fans fickle is is an unjust insult in my opinion.We' not had much to shout about especially over the last few years but our support at home, and particularly away has held up remarkably well. And, apart from a small minority, we do not take the first opportunity to turn against our own players however poor they may be.
If you want fickle, go to some of the Premier League clubs and see the droves of supporters leaving the ground as soon as soon as thing start going against them.
So, in my humble opinion, Torquay fans are not fickle and I'm sorry if my opinon upsets you but there it is!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 17:41 yet I spent north of £40 on food and drink;
£40! that's almost 10% of Torquay's players budget. ;-)
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Next season should we be relegated to NLS if our owner hasnt disposed of us or liquidated us will depend on many factors, ticket price being one but also building a competetive squad with a serious tilt at winning promotion. Also depends who the manager is. You would think TUFC could have a serious crack at that league especially when you see Truro hovering near the top, but football isnt like that, especially at Plainmoor.

I would love to think that if we did drop further and the freehold followed by the wrecking ball is not on the table then our fanbase could roll its sleeves up, galvanise, band together and get behind the club and team to push for promotion. Trouble is we are so far apart at the moment, the fans are divided, the owners and their lapdog arent trusted and the players play like they dont give a shit.

It would be great to see plenty of wins for once and on paper we could potentially be a big club in that league and should do well, but again football isnt like that. We thought a few years back we were a big club for the National League/Conference and should do well. Didnt turn out that way though did it, because football isnt like that.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Chunky i agree with all that but I would add to it that football isn't like that. 🤐🙃😛😌😒🤤😏🤐🤐😫😪🤤😒😴🤤
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Jeff wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 18:11

I’d be quite happy to see Dulwich get promoted, even if it’s just on the basis of their kit colours. Although they’ve had enough near misses recently to deserve the chance to go up.

On the subject of NLS grounds difficult to get to, I think Concord Rangers must top the lot! Although potential challengers to Dulwich for promotion Leiston would also be an horrendous journey for Gulls fans from far and wide
I played at Concorde Rangers ground for Hampshire once, seemed to take bloody ages to get there and wasn't too welcoming either. I got sent off after 10 minutes................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

DB57 wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 18:59 Well Ive supported Torquay for nearly 60 years and to call our fans fickle is is an unjust insult in my opinion.We' not had much to shout about especially over the last few years but our support at home, and particularly away has held up remarkably well. And, apart from a small minority, we do not take the first opportunity to turn against our own players however poor they may be.
If you want fickle, go to some of the Premier League clubs and see the droves of supporters leaving the ground as soon as soon as thing start going against them.
So, in my humble opinion, Torquay fans are not fickle and I'm sorry if my opinon upsets you but there it is!
60 years, blimey, and I thought I was a sucker for punishment, anyhoo why do you apologise if you feel you have upset me ? As a Torquay United fan I leave plainmoor at approx 16:50 constantly upset in these recent times , well as far back as 2013/14.
You may not be fickle but I know plenty that are.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Clarke Osbourne,planning how many houses he can fit in Plainmoor I would imagine.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

it's all part of the 5-year plan. run the club into the ground. keep your distance so you cant hear or see the fans, and when the club is done for. wind it up and put in a bid to buy the ground and put houses and flats on it
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Yes his plan working well and can imagine the slimeball rubbing his hands in glee tonight , just hope that the council when the time arises has some backbone and don't jump in to bed with him and tries to retain Plainmoor as a football ground but as with most money talks.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Glostergull wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 17:04 it's all part of the 5-year plan. run the club into the ground. keep your distance so you cant hear or see the fans, and when the club is done for. wind it up and put in a bid to buy the ground and put houses and flats on it
I think that is what he wants to do. Our job as fans is to do whatever is necessary to try to prevent this happening. He must not get away with this without a fight.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 17:21 I think that is what he wants to do. Our job as fans is to do whatever is necessary to try to prevent this happening. He must not get away with this without a fight.
That's the only aspect I want to comment on tonight; the club is run into the ground already and it has been pretty much been there from before Osborne getting his hands on it.

His track record says all and today I have returned home from watching Hereford play in an absolute favella of a ground at Wealdstone ~ Hereford; remember what Osborne and his cronies did there? ~ and this is what is awaiting us next season playing in a ground where to have a piss I had to let myself out of the gate in the wall that is there for retrieving lost balls and piss in the brambles.

Plainmoor will be an absolute palace amongst shitholes like that and yet I bet our team won't compete with them for ability, motivation or results!

As Andrew so rightfully says; our job as fans is to do whatever is necessary to try to prevent this happening. He must not get away with this without a fight.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plus 1 on that, Merse.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com