Where is Clarke Osborne?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

It all depends on League position. If we were top I dont see 1800+ being unlikely.
Tust member 191
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Mattpuma wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 13:00 It all depends on League position. If we were top I dont see 1800+ being unlikely.
I tend to agree. Much depends on the promise of the owners that they want league football (for a financial return I think they do) and as to whether they back this up by remaining full time rather than going part time to strongly contest a early return to the Nat Con league. A successful and winning team in Nat South will maintain interest from supporters, but any mediocre displays will certainly result in dwindling crowds.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 12 Jan 2018, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Mattpuma wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 13:00 It all depends on League position. If we were top I dont see 1800+ being unlikely.
Possibly agree with that Matt. All depends really on how serious CO will take next season. It should be pretty obvious early on whether it's another season of polyfilla ownership and that will surely be the last straw for many. Hopefully a serious squad with a serious manager can be assembled over the summer as that is what it will take to keep interest. I fear it will be Owers and Kuhl though recruiting from the leagues they know best and thus another struggle but time will tell.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Not sure why that attendance table ' gives us an idea of the sort of drop we can expect' ?
Has there ever been a club as big as us in that league ? And yes we will be a big club at that level
If we are winning games at home and scoring goals ( well, I can dream) gates would be around 1500-1750
Look at our gates now when we have won twice at home all season and cant score goals - holding up very well
If we were mid table or lower 1000 maybe. The hardcore support is there
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 14:01Not sure why that attendance table ' gives us an idea of the sort of drop we can expect' ?Has there ever been a club as big as us in that league ?
I meant it as a comment on the sort of drop in creature comforts on our travels and profile more than home gates and it wouldn't be very difficult to be the second bes supported side in that league next season or possibly third becasue Hereford looked nailed on to be in and Dulwich Hamlet too are a decent bet and they both attract bigger crowds than we do.

I intend to be at the Wealdstone v Hereford FA Trophy game tomorrow, and I be that attracts a crowd of at least one and half thousand if not two; and last week I was part of the 2,004 at Dulwich Hamlet v Folkstone Invicta.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Yes I think I misunderstood your post. Having said that I am sure the 200 plus south east based Gulls will
continue to watch us at many of those teams and with those travelling from Devon and other places will have the effect of almost doubling some of those gates esp if we are doing well
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

TUFC fans are probably one of if not the most fickle set of fans in the country. If we do find ourselves in nls next season & struggle crowds will plummet, but on the other hand if we are right in the mix you could more than likely see crowds well in excess of 2000 + after a sustained run of positive results. If results take a 3 - 4 game downward turn we'll lose a few hundred this is Torquay United it's always been like it .
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Interesting to know what people think ticket prices should be next season. The clubs currently in Nat Con South currently charge between £12 to £14 and with many that includes stand seating. Does anyone think there should be a reduction in ticketing prices or will it all depend on whether we stay full time or go part time?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Teigngull wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 14:36 TUFC fans are probably one of if not the most fickle set of fans in the country. If we do find ourselves in nls next season & struggle crowds will plummet, but on the other hand if we are right in the mix you could more than likely see crowds well in excess of 2000 + after a sustained run of positive results. If results take a 3 - 4 game downward turn we'll lose a few hundred this is Torquay United it's always been like it .
It's a fair point.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Good post Merse. My God I've never said that before.
TUST MEMBER
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

[quote=MellowYellow post_id=218296 time=1515768444 user_id=22826]
Interesting to know what people think ticket prices should be next season. The clubs currently in Nat Con South currently charge between £12 to £14 and with many that includes stand seating. Does anyone think there should be a reduction in ticketing prices or will it all depend on whether we stay full time or go part
If there is the will from the owner to get out of the nls ( if we end up there !) I would think the current price structure would have to be kept to sustain a promotion push budget. Or if prices are cut to appease supporters I can only see mid table mediocrity as the funds from gate receipts would be integral to players wages . There again let's see what level season tickets come out at £250 anybody ?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

merse btpir wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 14:23I meant it as a comment on the sort of drop in creature comforts on our travels and profile more than home gates and it wouldn't be very difficult to be the second bes supported side in that league next season or possibly third becasue Hereford looked nailed on to be in and Dulwich Hamlet too are a decent bet and they both attract bigger crowds than we do.
Ahh, Dulwich Hamlet.... the hipsters of non-league... mohicans-a-plenty, beards-a-plenty. Their crowds are incredible considering they play in the Isthmian league (for now). Have visited Champion Hill on several occasions, they've always been a great bunch and it would be a pleasure to have them at Plainmoor next season... however, we will also be joined by the loveable Essex outfit from Billericay.... Bill who? I hear most of you ask.... just google 'Glen Tamplin'.... all will be revealed. (or should that be reviled)
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 14:47 Interesting to know what people think ticket prices should be next season. The clubs currently in Nat Con South currently charge between £12 to £14 and with many that includes stand seating. Does anyone think there should be a reduction in ticketing prices or will it all depend on whether we stay full time or go part time?
If there is the will from the owner to get out of the nls ( If we end up there) I would think the current price structure would have to be kept to sustain a promotion push budget. Or if prices are cut to appease supporters I can only see mid table mediocrity as the funds from gate receipts would be integral to players wages. There again let's see what level season tickets come out at £250 anybody ?
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

I see Dulwich are 5 pts clear but Billericay have 5 games in hand . Does one go straight up?
Also is that the Gavin Tomlin in their squad who played for us 6 or 7 years ago? Good player .....then....
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

desperado wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 16:47I see Dulwich are 5 pts clear but Billericay have 5 games in hand . Does one go straight up? Also is that the Gavin Tomlin in their squad who played for us 6 or 7 years ago? Good player .....then....
I wouldn't take it as read that Billericay will win the league just because of their inordinately bigger playing budget (rumoured to be in excess of £35,000 per week compared to Hamlet's newly pruned £5000 per week.........the wheels could come off the Billericay bus anytime with such extravagant funding and more than likely will.

I've seen Glenn Tamplin described as a 'steel magnate' but having known of him for nearly thirty years I can tell you he is a steel (scaffolding and RSJs; beams and posts) stockholder but more significantly has made a lot of money from property speculation and development.

He is quite genuine but a fruit loop ~ OCD, born again Christian and habitual social evangelist. He 'co-manages' the side becasue he can't let himself just be the owner; he has a fine manager in Harry Wheeler but has to be in the technical area putting in his two penneth worth. His previous manager Craig Edwards (as old school as they come) was having none of that and walked out a fortnight after Glenn walked in.....no falling out; just wasn't having it!

Hamlet are in trouble throught their developer/ground owners blackmailinig the local authority ~ LB of Soutwark ~ into dropping affordable housing quotas on the planned for re-development of their ground by starving the club they agreed to fund as leverage to get the property deal (familiar one that eh?) and appearing to force them into closure.

The public have responded witha loud rasberry and are supporting them with some fantastic attendances, generous donations towards the weeky costs and the team are bloody good anyway.

That is Gavin Tomlin once of Torquay United in their squad, as a somewhat verteran his pitch time is limited but he remains one of the very best of many good players in that league which sees only the champions go up automatically and one from the next six from the play-offs.....significatly Hamlet have been in those play-offs for the past four seasons without making that final push. Las season I followed then to Bognor Regis for the final where they 'never turned' up as the saying goes.

If we have to go down; then playing at Champion Hill would be the highlight of my season...a super club; a wonderful day out and last week my son and I sat on the halfway line for a fiver yet I spent north of £40 on food and drink; not leaving the ground until an hour and a half after the final whistle having got their two hours befiore. Thai curries, quality burgers, the finest of fine ale and nice comfy leather settees in the clubhouse ~ and it was still packed when we left!