Are these latest signings the last roll of the dice for TUFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Well the intellect of notnow is there for all to see!

I put my argument under my actual name and he responds with that.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 19:56 maybe use the trust to put funds aside in case GI pull out or start a new phoenix club
Which is exactly what TUST have been doing for the last couple of years.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

notnow wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 20:32

Complete Drivel and missing the point, I give up! :na:

Don’t give up mate !
Just accept that Thea Bristow was an incompetent and complicit fool according to merse rather than think she was a well meaning and generous benefactor who had the club at heart . Regardless of any shortcomings and you will I’m sure appease lord Merse .
As regards this gem from him.

“It is this example of the total inability to recognise what's staring you in the facxe that seems to inhabit TQ1 far more than any other postcode in England. “

What I would say to him is he. Probably wouldn’t know where that is anymore as you **** of years ago !
Where is your humility man !
Sanctimonious , disrespectful , condescending , doesn’t even cover the way you address people, who are our fellow fans.

It’s a shame as I agree with your assessment on the situation at the club as do many ,but FFS show some class when taking about people ( the Bristows especially Thea ) who were only trying to help .

You have bleated on about the dire situation at the club . It seems you hold any fan in utter contempt if they do not have the grasp of the complex behinds the scenes shenanigans.
When I am there on Saturday when we take on Eastleigh your words will be ringing in my ears . Shall I look upon the kids with their dads enjoying an afternoon out as morons because they don’t know what’s going on.
Maybe the grandpas with their families in Bristows should be derided as they don’t grasp the evil intentions of CO.
Get a grip man and be constructive and think hard before you slag them off and maybe we can achieve something against the odds.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

You add assumptions and credit them to me; in no way did I use the term that you begin your post with.........

Yes, a well meaning and generous benefactor who had the club at heart but incredibly naïve ~ and I am not bleating; I am pointing out actual events and quoting actual words used that contribute to where we are today.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I don’t understand why everyone can’t get along and realise GI/CO/HARROP are a parasite to the club... Don’t have the cotton wool drawn over your eyes people!

ALL tufc fans need to pull in the same direction and not arguing amongst ourselves.. ITS EXACTLY WHAT GI/CO/HARROP WANT.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

CraigUnder wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 23:46 I don’t understand why everyone can’t get along and realise GI/CO/HARROP are a parasite to the club... Don’t have the cotton wool drawn over your eyes people!

ALL tufc fans need to pull in the same direction and not arguing amongst ourselves.. ITS EXACTLY WHAT GI/CO/HARROP WANT.
Maybe it’s because people take exception to being referred to as idiots, morons and cretins.............
I’m sure most of us would be able to get on just fine without such insults ...
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

notnow wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 09:03 I’m fed up reading the cynics on here keep going on about the ground being built on, if that happens then it happens..
If your definition of forum cynics is any supporter who believes that a certain person or persons within the club are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honourable or unselfish reasons in the interests of Torquay United, then you can count me as one of the cynics.
notnow wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 18:21 , until then it’s not a real threat.
Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint and I therefore have to respect yours, but nonetheless I cannot agree with it. And my reasoning is this: the day GI took over, there was always, in my eyes, an ulterior motive and it was not related to football. The fact that getting their hands on the freehold of Plainmoor has not gone according to plan, does not consitute the threat no longer being there. If we just wait until the freehold is sold or the club is is sold ( possibly to other property developers) becoming a cynic at that point may be too late, as the damage will already have been done.
Last edited by MellowYellow on 09 Jan 2018, 00:15, edited 1 time in total.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I see that Boreham Wood have just signed Joe Quigley (Bournemouth) on loan. Now he would have been just the sort of striker we badly need. He looked a good prospect during the short time he was at Plainmoor but his football career was cruelly interrupted by a serious knee injury. It's good to see he's back in action and I wish him well at Boreham Wood.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tomogull wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 00:12 I see that Boreham Wood have just signed Joe Quigley (Bournemouth) on loan. Now he would have been just the sort of striker we badly need. He looked a good prospect during the short time he was at Plainmoor but his football career was cruelly interrupted by a serious knee injury. It's good to see he's back in action and I wish him well at Boreham Wood.
Another closer to home signing, just 40mins from his hometown of Hayes.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 22:54

Don’t give up mate !
Just accept that Thea Bristow was an incompetent and complicit fool according to merse rather than think she was a well meaning and generous benefactor who had the club at heart . Regardless of any shortcomings and you will I’m sure appease lord Merse .
As regards this gem from him.

“It is this example of the total inability to recognise what's staring you in the facxe that seems to inhabit TQ1 far more than any other postcode in England. “

What I would say to him is he. Probably wouldn’t know where that is anymore as you **** of years ago !
Where is your humility man !
Sanctimonious , disrespectful, condescending , doesn’t even cover the way you address people, who are our fellow fans.

It’s a shame as I agree with your assessment on the situation at the club as do many ,but FFS show some class when taking about people ( the Bristows especially Thea ) who were only trying to help .

You have bleated on about the dire situation at the club . It seems you hold any fan in utter contempt if they do not have the grasp of the complex behinds the scenes shenanigans.
When I am there on Saturday when we take on Eastleigh your words will be ringing in my ears . Shall I look upon the kids with their dads enjoying an afternoon out as morons because they don’t know what’s going on.
Maybe the grandpas with their families in Bristows should be derided as they don’t grasp the evil intentions of CO.
Get a grip man and be constructive and think hard before you slag them off and maybe we can achieve something against the odds.

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

It seems to me that the whole world is wrong and no one else's opinion matters as its only Merse that can be correct and sort it!! Can he sort out Northern Ireland and the Middle East while he's at it?

Hes moved on from mindlessly blaming Nicho (clearly a personal thing ) for the troubles this season and has moved on to a woman who invested £3.5M into the club.

Why dont you put your hand in your pocket and do something about it then Merse instead of critising everyone and their own opinions!!

When was the last time he actually lived in Torbay? Went to a home game at Plainmoor???

Perhaps then you might understand why your best mates, Owers and kuhl are the ones ruining the club.

Without goals you cant win games, without winning games you cant get points, without points you cant move up the table, without moving up the table you cant get fans through the turnstiles, without fans, you get no money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its as simple as that!!!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Simples.........the last time I was at Plainmoor (on August 15th) I saw the side score two but concede four in a totally substandard performance that brought about the end of that particular manager.

Little did I realise that the inadequacy of the squad wasn't going to actually manifest itself until September 13th when his successor was appointed nor that the FACT that the squad went 13 games before recording a win of any sort in any way indicated that the recruitment in the summer was hopeless.

Sorry if me having the opinion that signing a load of habitual sicknotes is coming accross to you as me being mindless; but there we are; we have differing opinions.

...and for the record, I've never lived in Torbay. Worked there yes; lived there ~ no! Does living there need to be a pre-requisite to either work in or have somehing in the area close to your heart? You told us you worked in Afghanistan; did you live there as well then or merely fly in and fly out when you were finished?

.......and it's nice to learn that Owers & Kuhl are my 'best mates'; to believe you, a person like me wouldn't have any mates at all would they!

But hey; you carry on believing a management team are ruining a club and that the trouble only started in September. There is another school of thought that it was a burning car crash way before that; but what would I know living in London and only being around for sixty odd years?

If I had 'invested' £3.5 million into anything I think the first thing I would do was ensure that it was run properly in a sustainable fashion within it's parameters so that I wasn't being conned into throwing my money down the toilet; but there we are; there's nowt so strange as folk.

There are people who have taken a simple woman to the cleaners and they know full well who they are.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Last sentence spot on. They ruined football for a mildly autistic man which is a problem now and I hate the ****. I must add that I would omit the word 'simple'. That's offensive. Thea got exploited by the **** I hate. It can happen to anyone not familiar with how things work and I for one appreciate her generosity for the football club with all my heart.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

merse btpir wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 16:12 Simples.........the last time I was at Plainmoor (on August 15th) I saw the side score two but concede four in a totally substandard performance that brought about the end of that particular manager.

Little did I realise that the inadequacy of the squad wasn't going to actually manifest itself until September 13th when his successor was appointed nor that the FACT that the squad went 13 games before recording a win of any sort in any way indicated that the recruitment in the summer was hopeless.

Sorry if me having the opinion that signing a load of habitual sicknotes is coming accross to you as me being mindless; but there we are; we have differing opinions.

...and for the record, I've never lived in Torbay. Worked there yes; lived there ~ no! Does living there need to be a pre-requisite to either work in or have somehing in the area close to your heart? You told us you worked in Afghanistan; did you live there as well then or merely fly in and fly out when you were finished?

.......and it's nice to learn that Owers & Kuhl are my 'best mates'; to believe you, a person like me wouldn't have any mates at all would they!

But hey; you carry on believing a management team are ruining a club and that the trouble only started in September. There is another school of thought that it was a burning car crash way before that; but what would I know living in London and only being around for sixty odd years?

If I had 'invested' £3.5 million into anything I think the first thing I would do was ensure that it was run properly in a sustainable fashion within it's parameters so that I wasn't being conned into throwing my money down the toilet; but there we are; there's nowt so strange as folk.

There are people who have taken a simple woman to the cleaners and they know full well who they are.

Im fully aware of the problems at TQ1, and also when they occurred. Believe or not I read with great interest posts on here from members that state the facts, Sometimes even your posts are quite interesting for those of us not so on the ball in the matters of the club. My issue is with you and the way you belittle everyone else's opinion that doesn't match your own. The football Side of things must come first, without that there is no club. for you to continue to belittle people and suggest they are cretins or whatever obnoxious comment you made I find ridiculous, much like some of the waffle you come out with. As for my work and trips abroad , I would be very careful how you comment on such things, should you want ANYBODY to take YOU seriously.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

If you don't want people to pass comment on your work and trips abroad shouldn't have brought them up in the first place. There's an old saying: careless talk costs lives.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by goody2449 »

Dont under estimate the people you are talking to on a forum then and suggest they weak and not upto the fight.