Are these latest signings the last roll of the dice for TUFC

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Only 4 wins all season!
The daffodils will soon be up for f&ck sake!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

As I'm told that Clarke Osborne lurks amongst us perhaps he's morphed into notnow?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

nickbrod wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 08:54As I'm told that Clarke Osborne lurks amongst us perhaps he's morphed into notnow?
Well if he has then 'fess up'; be a man and come clean!
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

merse btpir wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 08:47 It's too easy for people to post hiding behind a pseudonym criticising and attempting to discredit posts by a person who patently does not hide.

So if notnow would care to identify themselves and then put up an alternative argument, the statement 'Merse is not right, he hasn’t got a clue what he’s on about!' might gain some credence.

Until then, it is just another anonymous personal attack from a coward.
If the land was owned by the owner of the club and the land had a covenant then the following should provide security to the fans of our club.
A covenant is a type of contract in which the covenantor makes a promise to a covenantee to do (affirmative covenant) or not do some action (negative covenant). In real property law, the term real covenants is used for conditions tied to the use of land.

In other words the land has restricted use and therefore the value of such is limited to one thing, success on the pitch!

I apologise if I am incorrect.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

I have to admit I'm sick of Merse and his rants, and abuse to fellow posters. we live in a democracy Merse and your vote is only worth the same as everyone else, so we are all entitled to an opinion. He thinks hes right all the time, but with what proof? If you are so 'in the know' Merse why are you not a football manager, owner?? Why has your son, who I imagine is a very talented footballer never made it at one of these numerous clubs your forever quoting?? Is it because his old man cant wind his neck in and interferes too much??

The problems this season are on the pitch!!! I am not a fan of CO or GI and I'm nervous about the unknown, unstated ambitions for the club/ground, but the league doesn't lie!! were bottom in the Vanarama Conference, BOTTOM!!! with 4 wins all season.

The players and staff are all being paid, the pitch has been invested in, the business side of the club looks from the outside that it is trying to be run correctly!!! let's face it, with the gates we get, the lack of TV money the money must be coming from somewhere every month??

The MANAGER has been given money to spend or loans, transfers as he wish!!!

The biggest problem at TQ1 is on the pitch!! they cant string a pass together, they cant score goals, they cant defends set pieces, there's no fight, passion, belief!!!! This all stems from the manager and his team!!! It is his job to deal with the football side of things, and it's obvious he's out of his depth and clueless of how to motivate men his primary role whilst the club is on the position it's in!!!

Its time for the management to team to jog on and get someone in that actually knows how to run a football team, not club but team of men!!!!!!!!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

notnow wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 10:05If the land was owned by the owner of the club and the land had a covenant then the following should provide security to the fans of our club.
Have you not thought for a moment that the removal of the covenant is the first prioroty of every single person who has ried to get their hands on that freehold?

The best way for the covenant to stay inplace is for the freehold to remain in public ownership. There are a history of such covenants being ended and used for development purposes including in Torquay regarding the Cary Green devlopment by the harbourside.

....and still hiding behind anonymiy?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

merse btpir wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 10:21 Have you not thought for a moment that the removal of the covenant is the first prioroty of every single person who has ried to get their hands on that freehold?

The best way for the covenant to stay inplace is for the freehold to remain in public ownership. There are a history of such covenants being ended and used for development purposes including in Torquay regarding the Cary Green devlopment by the harbourside.

....and still hiding behind anonymiy?
Housing now on Scarborough ground couldn't sell it when club was knee deep in shit and after club went now housing. I see it every week and shake my head
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

To absolve Owers and Kuhl of any blame and simply accept it is down to Nicho is nonsense. Nicho signed players that were injury prone and probably past it. For doing so, he paid with his job in the middle of August, almost 5 months ago. New managers are brought in to improve the situation but judging on the performance of Owers, who had a pretty nondescript and mediocre management record, we may as well have left Herrera in charge. Our points record wouldn’t be that much less.

Owers was meant to make things better. We have seen other managers in other clubs, and also here, do the same. Owers impact has been zero. Things are no better. He is a dead man walking. He clearly cannot manage the players so it’s only a matter of time, even if it is when relegation is confirmed that he goes and he deserves to, he has utterly failed in his brief to improve the side and our fortunes.

The legacy he inherited was poor but by all accounts, he has been fairly well resourced and not a single one of his signings have been any good. His recruitment has been worse than Nicholson’s. Our most effective new players this season, were all brought in by Herrera, bizarrely enough.

If Owers left today, I fail to see how we’d be any worse off. He’s given up and probably realises he is out of his depth and judging by his managerial record before he came to us, the surprise would be if anyone is actually surprised.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Well, Whilst you wish to know who I am in order to perhaps be able to attack me more personally, I would like to confirm to you that I am not connected to the club other than being a long suffering fan that has a season ticket in Bristows, So I don’t really see how you knowing who I am will help the situation other than as I have said, secondly the football club is nothing, absolutely nothing without us, the fans, therefore any covenant created would strictly have to be adhered to. The club is for the people of this town and must be protected. I do understand your frustration and you seem to be miss directing your anger/frustration. We are merely using this platform to come to some understanding of this dire situation our club is in.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

goody2449 wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 10:15I have to admit I'm sick of Merse and his rants, and abuse to fellow posters. we live in a democracy Merse and your vote is only worth the same as everyone else, so we are all entitled to an opinion. He thinks hes right all the time, but with what proof? If you are so 'in the know' Merse why are you not a football manager, owner?? Why has your son, who I imagine is a very talented footballer never made it at one of these numerous clubs your forever quoting?? Is it because his old man cant wind his neck in and interferes too much??
No-one's suggesting you cannot have an opinion; what I am calling for is that everyone faces up and reveals their true identity before posting snide comments such as yours regarding my son who you suggest 'never made it'. What a the age of sixteen and less than halfway through his two year scholarship? For your information I have had no direct influence nor contribution to his football since he signed his last contract so there is no 'neck to wind in' and when I do go to watch him play; not many would know I am his father sat in the stand or (occasionally) waiting outside or in hospitality for him afterwards. He's a big boy now and needs to develop into a man, so he doesn't get driven about he makes his own way. He doesn't have a need to have mummy and daddy at each and every game he plays (I have his little brother to devote that time to) and if and when I do go to watch him play I sit quietly in the stand minding my own business.

If no-one 'rants'; and points out ALL the machinations and destructive actions surrounding our football club, we will no longer have that football club. I have never suggested other than the current ownership could conceivably regard owning Torquay United to be moved on as a capital venture have I? But you have to remember that the bigger the debt; the more the liability to the source of funds currently within the club make the chances of that happening more and more remote.

The very first noises Clarke Osborne made ~ and he makes very few ~ was of his aim of relocating the club and the response from me and BTPIR has been to point out the man's dreadful history of closed sporting ventures, demolished venues and absolutely nothing by way of achieving a single new venue.

Your observations of the manager and his team are perfectly acceptable ~ that is your opinion ~ and I wouldn't think it differs from anyone else's at the moment. But don't pretend that is the only facet of Torquay United that needs scrutinising and everybody with the club at heart needs being made aware of ~ and whislt you're at it? How anbout YOU coming out and saying who you are?
Last edited by merse btpir on 07 Jan 2018, 10:48, edited 3 times in total.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

goody2449 wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 10:15 I have to admit I'm sick of Merse and his rants, and abuse to fellow posters. we live in a democracy Merse and your vote is only worth the same as everyone else, so we are all entitled to an opinion. He thinks hes right all the time, but with what proof? If you are so 'in the know' Merse why are you not a football manager, owner?? Why has your son, who I imagine is a very talented footballer never made it at one of these numerous clubs your forever quoting?? Is it because his old man cant wind his neck in and interferes too much??

The problems this season are on the pitch!!! I am not a fan of CO or GI and I'm nervous about the unknown, unstated ambitions for the club/ground, but the league doesn't lie!! were bottom in the Vanarama Conference, BOTTOM!!! with 4 wins all season.

The players and staff are all being paid, the pitch has been invested in, the business side of the club looks from the outside that it is trying to be run correctly!!! let's face it, with the gates we get, the lack of TV money the money must be coming from somewhere every month??

The MANAGER has been given money to spend or loans, transfers as he wish!!!

The biggest problem at TQ1 is on the pitch!! they cant string a pass together, they cant score goals, they cant defends set pieces, there's no fight, passion, belief!!!! This all stems from the manager and his team!!! It is his job to deal with the football side of things, and it's obvious he's out of his depth and clueless of how to motivate men his primary role whilst the club is on the position it's in!!!

Its time for the management to team to jog on and get someone in that actually knows how to run a football team, not club but team of men!!!!!!!!

Top post goody.......Owers is out of his depth.....clueless......he is the manager, and he cannot manage them !!!! He is a dour unimaginative, boring
individual who has lost the entire dressing room.

His attempt in the loan market has not worked, so where are his contacts ????? can anybody on here enlighten me please 8-o
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

hector wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 10:32 Owers impact has been zero. Things are no better. He is a dead man walking. He clearly cannot manage the players so it’s only a matter of time, even if it is when relegation is confirmed that he goes and he deserves to, he has utterly failed in his brief to improve the side and our fortunes. The legacy he inherited was poor but by all accounts, he has been fairly well resourced and not a single one of his signings have been any good. His recruitment has been worse than Nicholson’s. If Owers left today, I fail to see how we’d be any worse off. He’s given up and probably realises he is out of his depth and judging by his managerial record before he came to us, the surprise would be if anyone is actually surprised.
If Owers left today, I think we would be worse off because ~ as he showed previously ~ Harrop is ineffectual in generally managing the first team facet of his brief.

Other than that; this is a failed managerial appointment once again with a gutless and wholly inadequate squad of players to fight the battle.

If people thought relagation into non-league footballw as a catastrophe (and it was) ; just wait and see what the drop into regional football brings!

Very soon this club will be of no greater standing than those seaside clubs in towns like Folkstone, Scarborough, Weston-Super-Mare, Eastbourne.......the list could go on. The days of emulating Blackpool, Bournemouth and Brighton are long gone but they all had their desperate times and rose above them (maybe not Blackpool yet, but you get my drift)

This is a hopeless and lost cause this season; I agree!
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

goody2449 wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 10:15
The problems this season are on the pitch!!!

The biggest problem at TQ1 is on the pitch!!
And thus; the crux of the problem.

What will it take for supporters to realise that the on-field issues are the least of our concerns right now? Relegation is an absolute certainty.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 11:04 What will it take for supporters to realise that the on-field issues are the least of our concerns right now? Relegation is an absolute certainty.
When those who tell people who illustrate just what the problems are, to wind their necks in.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I very rarely agree with Merse but on this point he is absolutely right.

If GI owned the freehold, do you seriously think a covenant would stop him. No chance. He would take it through the courts, give alternatives like a new stadium etc, we are lucky the ground is owned by the council, long may it continue
TUST MEMBER