The squad as it stands.....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Yes we are clutching at straws, 18 year old strikers are not what we need but maybe that is all that we can
get to come here. As Kevgull says , expecting a lot from a team of strangers , we really need an
experienced and physical striker to have any chance
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Correct me if I am wrong but prior to today I think Oowers and the brickie's mate had signed 7 players and only Andresson is still with us. The one thing they all had in common was that they started well enough but their enthusisism, commitment or whatever slowly waned and they left as quickly as they could.
Any potential signings must wonder what the hell is going on and could reasonably conclude that it wouldn't do their career prospects any favours coming to us whilst these two are in charge.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Contacts contacts contacts!!! :goal:
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

IanGull01 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 20:25 Contacts contacts contacts!!! :goal:
He obviously ain`t got any ......he is peeing in the wind.....and getting extremely wet :'(
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Slowly but surely, day by day our club decreases in stature. Still there are supporters who think we should be able to attract players of a decent calibre but the reality is that we are geographically handicapped, financially crippled and our customer base (fans) is starting to fall away. Where's the attraction in signing for Torquay?

IF, and it's a big IF, we survive this season, we're only delaying the inevitable relegation to the Conference South. Once we get there, we bring in more kids from other clubs, several loanees and then the odd part timer signs on. A mid table finish and the following season, more of the same but with more part timers. The crowds drop to around 800 and then the decision is made to go part time.

Sad but probably true.

IanGull01 is right about contacts. After Nico demonstrated he had very few, I really thought Owers and Kuhl would have large contact books, especially Kuhl. Maybe he does but none of his contacts like him.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Jack wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 19:49Correct me if I am wrong but prior to today I think Oowers and the brickie's mate.......
You wouldn' call Martin Kuhl that to his face so don't do it here..........football is a transient profession with periods when you will not earn from the game and need to go and do it as best you can.

Martin Kuhl knows more about professional football than you will ever know; he knows more about professional football than the club's last management team put together.

What did you expect him to do when he was out of work; sit at home and post articles in the media about what a **** excpert he is at avoiding relegation by the skin of his teeth?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 20:56 You wouldn' call Martin Kuhl that to his face so don't do it here..........football is a transient profession with periods when you will not earn from the game and need to go and do it as best you can.

Martin Kuhl knows more about professional football than you will ever know; he knows more about professional football than the club's last management team put together.

What did you expect him to do when he was out of work; sit at home and post articles in the media about what a **** excpert he is at avoiding relegation by the skin of his teeth?
Quite possibly the best response I have ever read!!!

Before becoming moderately successful working for myself, I worked part time in a supermarket to cover bills while my business got going. Any of us with financial responsibilities would shovel shit to pay the bills, I would think.

Calling someone a "brickies mate" because he doubtless had bills to pay is disrespectful and probably ill-informed.
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

sgf wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 21:15 Quite possibly the best response I have ever read!!!

Before becoming moderately successful working for myself, I worked part time in a supermarket to cover bills while my business got going. Any of us with financial responsibilities would shovel shit to pay the bills, I would think.

Calling someone a "brickies mate" because he doubtless had bills to pay is disrespectful and probably ill-informed.
I think it is you guys who have a problem! What is wrong with being a brickie's mate during the current house building boom. It probably pays more than being Assistant Manager of Torquay United,
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Was said in a way that was sarcastic. Quality smoking gun response from merse. Gotta love it !!!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 20:56 You wouldn' call Martin Kuhl that to his face so don't do it here..........football is a transient profession with periods when you will not earn from the game and need to go and do it as best you can.

He's said and done far worse in his time in football and as a youngster at Pompey was a typical loudmouth off the pitch. It pales into insignificance compared to the insults you've thrown at Nicholson though so get off your high horse, you've really no room to talk here.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Jack wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 21:33

I think it is you guys who have a problem! What is wrong with being a brickie's mate during the current house building boom. It probably pays more than being Assistant Manager of Torquay United,
Probably paid more than the Managers job too ;-)
Dave

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I don't believe I'm reading this!!!!!! This is from he who calls fellow posters 'cretins, idiots, baboons etc etc', and uses derogatory terms to describe players, from the safety of his keyboard and wouldn't dare say it to their faces. Maybe he has decided to make a New Year's resolution not to post anything that he wouldn't be prepared to say to the person's face as suggested by a wise Forum member - I think it was Fonda - many moons ago.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

To add fairness here, I've never known Merse duck a heated conversation face to face although he's not yet plucked up the courage to call me sausage fingers during our chats :lol:
Dave

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tomogull wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 22:13I don't believe I'm reading this!!!!!! This is from he who calls fellow posters 'cretins, idiots, baboons etc etc', and uses derogatory terms to describe players, from the safety of his keyboard and wouldn't dare say it to their faces.
Oh that you actually knew me! :devil:
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

I know Merse & he would insult you to your face :clap: :keepie:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066