Guy Gnabouyou leaves!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Guy Gnabouyou leaves!

Post by gullintwoplaces »

instead of two new strikers, we lose one of the existing ones. What the hell is going on?
https://www.torquayunited.com/news-gnab ... plainmoor/
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Heard David Caldwell is making a comeback
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

What a complete and utter waste of time that signing was. Complete pants - one shot on target that I can remember. What a state we are in.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

it really is a joke this club, spent all this time getting him here and played about 15 minutes!! next out the door needs to be myrie williams another clown..

i just worry about who we expect to come and and get us out of this mess. doomed
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Heard Mario Walsh is in town , going play part-time and supplement wages at coral island making candy floss
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

What on earth does 'struggle to settle in the local area' mean?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

wivelgull wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 15:27 What on earth does 'struggle to settle in the local area' mean?
Discovered the truth about the trouble the team is in, decided to get out quickly.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

wivelgull wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 15:27 What on earth does 'struggle to settle in the local area' mean?
Did the pillock not look at where Torquay was on the map... let's just hope there a few more who have worn the yellow shirt his season that aren't happy with the amenities in and around the 'Bay..... this club is down on its knees. Someone fire that bullet ffs!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Wasn’t good enough, simple as that.

I don’t see why people are getting in such a flap - hopefully this releases some budget to try and bring in someone can displace the Reid/Keating “strike force”
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

More likely "on strike" force!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Look; he came over and trained and played in a closed doors friendly and was offered a short term contract........

I would reckon than only one start in the team in all that time has more to do with his deciding to leave than 'failing to settle' for a player who has travelled to play in Finland (twice) Malta and Greece in is career.

Players need pitch time and if they aren't getting it they need to look further afield; on Saturday he came on without any seeming intent to either impose himself or lift the team. I reckon it had already been decided he was on his bike and that his next quest will be to secure another Continental style contract taking him up to next December 31st
Last edited by merse btpir on 02 Jan 2018, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Jeff wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 15:37 Wasn’t good enough, simple as that.

I don’t see why people are getting in such a flap - hopefully this releases some budget to try and bring in someone can displace the Reid/Keating “strike force”
I don’t think anybody’s in a flap because he’s left, but because this is yet one more failed signing. It may release budget, but confidence that the next signing will be any better is low and falling. Eventually we will run out of time, if we haven’t already.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Now watch Gnabouyou score loads of goals for someone else - fits in with my theory that players always seem to do better when they leave Torquay United.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

So guess that means 3 new strikers required ? No doubt Owers will have something positive to tell us soon ????? What the hell is going on here ??????
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

samuel wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 14:25 What a complete and utter waste of time that signing was. Complete pants - one shot on target that I can remember. What a state we are in.
Totally agree what a waste of time.........GG 1 shot as he is now remembered !!!!!

Makes you wonder about the recruitment ??????????? :'(