Next season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

When we get relegated, will this signal the end of Professional football at TUFC?
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

kevgull wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 20:28 When we get relegated, will this signal the end of Professional football at TUFC?
I would imagine. Although harrop might blow a smoke screen when it's officially confirmed (relegation that is) that they are discussing the idea. York city remained full time, but as Salford are cruising the Conf north, there only hope is a playoff promotion. The only issue we have in Conf south next season is Hereford.

* only issue was a bad reference. We will encounter many issues next season, but Hereford will be the issue regarding the automatic promotion spot
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 20:39 I would imagine. Although harrop might blow a smoke screen when it's officially confirmed (relegation that is) that they are discussing the idea. York city remained full time, but as Salford are cruising the Conf north, there only hope is a playoff promotion. The only issue we have in Conf south next season is Hereford.

* only issue was a bad reference. We will encounter many issues next season, but Hereford will be the issue regarding the automatic promotion spot
I would guess that there are going to be some very hard decisions to be made, very shortly.

Predicting next Season ticket sales and future home gates will be a “Finger in the air” exercise when relegation has been officially confirmed.

I would however estimate at least a 30% reduction on this seasons budget.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

York City are still commanding gates around 2500 most home games give or take and despite his obvious cluelessness regarding making key decisions, owner Mr McGill is still backing the manager to bring in half decent players so in that respect keeping full time wasn't that big a decision to make.

Torquay's attendances have dropped alarmingly over the course of the last year or so even though they are still a NL club. Dropping into NLS would surely see a significant further drop in attendances and it wouldn't be viable to have a full time club i wouldn't have thought.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 21:16 York City are still commanding gates around 2500 most home games give or take and despite his obvious cluelessness regarding making key decisions, owner Mr McGill is still backing the manager to bring in half decent players so in that respect keeping full time wasn't that big a decision to make.

Torquay's attendances have dropped alarmingly over the course of the last year or so even though they are still a NL club. Dropping into NLS would surely see a significant further drop in attendances and it wouldn't be viable to have a full time club i wouldn't have thought.
Ironically Andy, the home attendances are up on last year. So not sure what figures you have or just made up in tongue and cheek
Lucy
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Attendances have risen whilst the quality of the product has fallen. Doesn’t seem right to me🧐
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

You mean York attendances are up or Torquay attendances are up.

I'm just going on the fact that for the opening game this season against Tranmere there was 3,162 inside Plainmoor. A month later there was 1,455 against Chester, a month later 1,915 against Dover, a month later 1,799 against Maidstone, a month later 1,851 versus Aldershot so i'd hazard a guess that in NLS there would probably be gates of around 1,000 ish give or take a few hundred.

In the football league Torquay were getting what? 3,000 plus every home game same as York but now York have only lost around 500 ish regular fans whilst Torquay would have lost well over half of it's fanbase if they went down.

Not saying York fans are any more dedicated but just pointing out what is and is likely to be. I think many York fans still believe the owner gives a toss and that they are still going to be moving into a new stadium which hasn't even been started yet despite the club having declared the 2014 season would be the first in the new community stadium. A few years in the NLN abyss getting spanked by local rivals Harrogate and Darlo and the crowds will fall off a cliff.

Torquay fans meanwhile can see that the owner blatantly doesn't give a toss either but isn't really trying his best to hide it. This (and losing every week) has led to fans voting with their feet as some can see no point or future under this ownership.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 08 Jan 2018, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No Andy, your figures are way off. We needed 1800 to break even while the Phillips consortium were running things and we achieved that, figures are still around that on average. If/when we enter the NLS I doubt they'll drop by that much.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 21:37 No Andy, your figures are way off. We needed 1800 to break even while the Phillips consortium were running things and we achieved that, figures are still around that on average. If/when we enter the NLS I doubt they'll drop by that much.
Fair enough Dave / Luce. I am just estimating what i think will happen but attendances have been around the 1,500 mark of late haven't they? Surely a drop to NLS would see maybe 1,000 - 1,200 crowds mainly if there was no change of owners / investment?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 21:30 You mean York attendances are up or Torquay attendances are up.

I'm just going on the fact that for the opening game this season against Tranmere there was 3,162 inside Plainmoor. A month later there was 1,455 against Chester, a month later 1,915 against Dover, a month later 1,799 against Maidstone, a month later 1,851 versus Aldershot so i'd hazard a guess that in NLS there would probably be gates of around 1,000 ish give or take a few hundred.

In the football league Torquay were getting what? 3,000 plus every home game same as York but now York have only lost around 500 ish regular fans whilst Torquay would have lost well over half of it's fanbase if they went down.
Andy you're getting confused. You stated torquay attendances are down from last season, they are up some how. The confusion is York city , no one really gives a shit on here about York city. I couldn't give a hoot if there attendances have improved or plummeted. The only similarity I can conclude is that both clubs are in terminal decline and the supporters don't warrant the decline
Lucy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

That's as may be Luce but you mentioned York City first. :na: :scarf:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

It has and always will be, that if you win a games, you also win future fans. If you lose games you will inevitably lose support.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 21:50 That's as may be Luce but you mentioned York City first. :na: :scarf:
In reference only that they stayed full time when relegated to Conf north, which coincidentally answered the question from some one asking is there any full time teams in the Conf south. Just illustrated that York did in the Conf north
Lucy
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

lucy6lucy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 21:55 In reference only that they stayed full time when relegated to Conf north, which coincidentally answered the question from some one asking is there any full time teams in the Conf south. Just illustrated that York did in the Conf north
Yep, fair do's Luce. I think though in the NLS the distances between many clubs and Torquay is pretty big compared to clubs in the NLN so that has an effect on costs also i'd say taking even more of a budget. The likes of Braintree and Chelmsford wouldn't be ideal to travel to and play on the same day.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

lucy6lucy wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 20:39 I would imagine. Although harrop might blow a smoke screen when it's officially confirmed (relegation that is) that they are discussing the idea. York city remained full time, but as Salford are cruising the Conf north, there only hope is a playoff promotion. The only issue we have in Conf south next season is Hereford.

I think Billericay will be an "issue" as well. I would imagine the title fight will be between them and Hereford. Can't see us getting anywhere close to them.