Two strikers Imminent?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

One of my favourite songs is called Nancy boy by placebo....sure nothing was meant in the first degree
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

My own two pence worth..

I think Shangull is correct to call out the use of the phrase, however I think it’s better to give someone the benefit of the doubt that they are simply using a dated phrase, rather than that person is deliberately using it as a homophobic based insult.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Nowadays people have to get offended about everything and anything

Will only get painfully worse as we all drown in political correctness, roll on 2018.

I mean why can't I identify as a man-woman-trifflesexual-apachehelicopter on this forum!?

Shut it down, it clearly isn't diverse enough
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

We've gone way off subject any chance of getting back on track ? I'm sure other posters would like to post a comment but their views would get lost in the constant castigation of merses choice of dialect on this thread.
I'm going to stick my neck out & hope their is truth in the rumour mill that Dan Holman & Levi Landricombe are the saviours in waiting with a couple midfielder in the mold of a Danny Racchi . :goal:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 22:03 One of my favourite songs is called Nancy boy by placebo....sure nothing was meant in the first degree
Mine too. Big Placebo fan.

Brian Molko is openly bisexual and the song is partly about that so not really offensive to him in that respect as he used the term for a song title.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Some councillor in England is trying to persuade the local authority to accept she/him as gender neutral ???? I read it !!

Really *#&#^@^ concentrate on the job of being councillor .
Mattpuma
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by Mattpuma »

Prefer Bruise Pristine myself. Quality.
Tust member 191
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I was hoping and praying to be blessed with an announcement of a signing of a cracking striker this evening. Guess I was hoping to much!

Guessing it’ll be the same 2 upfront tomorrow. Let’s hope they have their right boots on tomorrow.

Anyway til then Hope everyone has a cracking new year! See you all in 2018. Let’s hope this is our year.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I’m sure I must be offended, but I can’t remember why.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Still raining
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

hope we still have this forum in 2018. Soon everybody will be afraid to post anything at all in case it offends anybody. And no ,that doesn't mean that I condone offensive language; I'm just pointing out that it's getting more difficult to have any sort of conversation these days; & easier for bullies to put people down. The forecast is for a windy and dry afternoon tomorrow, so I hope the rain covers will be sufficient to get the match on.There's a Facebook poll to see if we would welcome back Blissett.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

All new players have to be registered by midday the day before the next match to be able to play, so unless GO signed & registered someone by that time today there will be no new strikers on view tomorrow.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

The OS tells us no new signings in time for Monday but hints one (three?) coming soon.
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

and still raining!!!
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Was wondering about Blissett, doesnt seem to be in Plymuffs match day squad very often
Wasnt his greatest fan but would welcome him back now, and he has probably improved
Speaking of old strikers and the subject the thread has strayed to, I expect Merse and a few other
oldies remember John Rowlands, he caused a few comments in the day