Two strikers Imminent?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

You really can't fault this fella's committment - so wish it would turn out well for him.
http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/31364-fro ... uay-united
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Is Pittman worth a shot over Reid/Keating? Surely experience counts for something if we can't get anyone in ahead of the next game. Shame to see Gnabouyou leave without a real shot in the first team.

There must be someone at Bristol City, Rovers, Exeter or Argyle worth a shot within our front line? Even Cardiff City aren't too far "up north".

What about youngsters with talent from Premier or Championship sides who are keen to get pro game time? How about Kuhls connections at Reading?

Surely it can't be that hard to find at least someone on loan who can bag goals? Agreed a full time signing would be preferable but if the quality is not available then I'd take a talented youngster from the top flight OR someone at the end of their career from higher up the leagues who are languishing in the reserves? I'm thinking a Paul Baker type?

OR perhaps Rodney Jack has got a younger cousin or something we can get on board?!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

budegull1954 wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 14:16 You really can't fault this fella's committment - so wish it would turn out well for him.
http://www.mayonews.ie/sports/31364-fro ... uay-united
To be fair he would probably score a few with an experienced striker alongside him
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Think you are right
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Jamie Cureton at 42 still scoring for fun just moved from Farnborough to Bishop's Stortford.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

nickbrod wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 16:16 Jamie Cureton at 42 still scoring for fun just moved from Farnborough to Bishop's Stortford.
Having lived in - and watched - Bishops Stortford for most of the last 10 years, that’s not a great barometer of ability.

But almost certainly comparable with our current “strike force”
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Cureton lives in nearby Harlow
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Should we conclude that Owers' meeting with a striker on Sunday with a decision on Tuesday didn't go well? Unless I mis-read I thought he said there would be two new strikers on Tuesday.
Mind you the OS is quick to promote Number Ten restaurant deals but player news (or dare I add a statement from the owner on the current state of the club) seems to take forever.
Example: Newport County's website posted yesterday the return of Barnum-Bobb from his Torquay loan yet our website says nothing.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

nickbrod wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 17:36 Should we conclude that Owers' meeting with a striker on Sunday with a decision on Tuesday didn't go well? Unless I mis-read I thought he said there would be two new strikers on Tuesday.
Mind you the OS is quick to promote Number Ten restaurant deals but player news (or dare I add a statement from the owner on the current state of the club) seems to take forever.
Example: Newport County's website posted yesterday the return of Barnum-Bobb from his Torquay loan yet our website says nothing.
I've said all along the new Official site is one of if not the worst football club sites in the top 5 divisions . Your right nickbrod , I suspect Harrop & Osborne don't give two hoots about it either. If you want up to date football news don't expect it from those two charlatans.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Yes, but as I said on another thread, at least we all know the game against Eastleigh is postponed! Some people are never happy unless they get up to date information!!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

That's the whole bloody point of supporting a football club to be kept in the loop especially on the playing side after all that's why we turn up on Saturday afternoon & Tuesday evenings. And if I'm not mistaken it was a certain Herald Express reporting new players will be arriving this week was it not ? The club hasn't denied it so why are we being castigated by you DB57 for wanting to know UP TO DATE information from a club we are supporting financially through turning up at the turnstiles & wanting our team to do well ?.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

It was sarcasm Teigngull, keep your hair on I'm with you 100%!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Ok fair enough BB57 ,I suppose it just shows that my passion for it is still burning wild, I'm trying not to let the bastards grind me down !
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

nickbrod wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 17:36 Should we conclude that Owers' meeting with a striker on Sunday with a decision on Tuesday didn't go well? Unless I mis-read I thought he said there would be two new strikers on Tuesday.
It's very worrying. And quite frankly we can presume they have not signed. The OS, in its defence will not publish player statements until the deal is done. But this is getting worrying. Our only hope is the already bad weather in north wales continues (even though I'm planning on going). In the past 2 seasons when we avoided the drop, we at least had a nucleus of a squad post Christmas. This season we have nothing to even resemble a fighter or too in the squad
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I assume Friday is latest to sign a player for Saturday. So who knows in next 48 odd hours ...
Not looking good , it was like this waiting for a managerial appointment