Two strikers Imminent?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 20:24 Brucie’s post above is spot on. I have now given up any lingering hope of us staying up. Desperate times indeed. There is an air of malaise about the club that worsens by the week. I feel sorry for Owers, I suspect his hands are firmly tied by the malevolent folk in charge of our club, as indeed were Nico’s. I have seen some decent performances under Owers, and his teams have certainly looked fitter and better organised than Nico’s, but we have lacked all season the firepower needed to score regularly. I doubt that any manager could turn this around now. It is heartbreaking.
Apart from the games Nichos team won at the end of last season to keep us in this league !!!!
I’m sorry but we are bottom of the league and that’s a result of better organisation and fitness ?
You said it yourself , Nichos hands were tied and he was booted after 4 games . Owers hands have been tied also but for 17 games . Owers took this job knowing exactly what he needed to do and presumably had to convince the owners that he was up to the job. He either knew he wasn’t up to it in which case he deserves no sympathy or he thought he was and has been found wanting.
if that’s the case yes I feel sorry for him and would point out that Nicho found himself in the same position as you have suggested also .Ambition tends to over extend people .
I do think there is a manager out there that could sort us out but I fear there is neither the belief or inclination for the owners to take the appropriate action.

It is heartbreaking I agree and the situation we are is is dividing opinions between us fans . This is the most divisive period in my memory as regards supporting this club.
I spend more time fretting over what is to become of our club than paying the mortgage on our home.
If we are being led into oblivion by unscrupulous individuals I can promise you all I will do everything I can to make the ******* pay .
We cannot lose our club.......
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 22:04
... Owers took this job knowing exactly what he needed to do and presumably had to convince the owners that he was up to the job.
Least we forget - Ower's and Kuhl did not beg for the job they was selected after a 6 week extensive search for the right men for the job.

"It has been important for us to find the individuals who we think can adopt our plan for sustainable success and can bring the talent, experience and contacts that are key for a club wanting to climb and top the National League. These guys tick all the boxes for us."
– Geoff Harrop, General Manager

So have Ower's and Khul

had sustainable success - NO!
brought in talent - NO!
got contacts -NO!
are we top of the league -N0!

So do these guys tick all the boxes? Not as far as I can see. In fact quite the opposite !
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

MellowYellow wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 23:08 Least we forget - Ower's and Kuhl did not beg for the job they was selected after a 6 week extensive search for the right men for the job.

"It has been important for us to find the individuals who we think can adopt our plan for sustainable success and can bring the talent, experience and contacts that are key for a club wanting to climb and top the National League. These guys tick all the boxes for us."
– Geoff Harrop, General Manager

So have Ower's and Khul

had sustainable success - NO!
brought in talent - NO!
got contacts -NO!
are we top of the league -N0!

So do these guys tick all the boxes? Not as far as I can see. In fact quite the opposite !

Exactly !!!
You hit the nail on the head. They are dragging us under .
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 22:04 It is heartbreaking I agree and the situation we are is is dividing opinions between us fans . This is the most divisive period in my memory as regards supporting this club.
I spend more time fretting over what is to become of our club than paying the mortgage on our home.
If we are being led into oblivion by unscrupulous individuals I can promise you all I will do everything I can to make the **** pay .
We cannot lose our club.......
To be honest I see no point continuing the Nico good/bad, Owers good/bad debate, we are beyond that now. I genuinely believe both tried their best in extremely trying circumstances, the alternative belief would be too dreadful for words. I only comment on what I see, and I have seen is a fitter, more organised side since Nico left, but as I say one with limited to non existent striking capability. However, what I see now is far, far more worrying, and that is TUFC dying/being killed off before our eyes, a sickness that is eating into the bones of our Club.

It was obvious to all fans that GI’s objective has always been to get hold of the ground, in my view originally to be achieved by persuading the Council to sell the freehold to them first, to sit on things for a couple of years and then to offload TUFC to anybody who would take a football club without a ground or, more likely, to liquidate it. The objective is still to get hold of the ground, but the means looks to have changed to killing TUFC first, because the first game plan has proved difficult. I have felt that the end is in sight before, and been proved wrong, but everything I see now suggests that the vultures are winning.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 09:40

To be honest I see no point continuing the Nico good/bad, Owers good/bad debate, we are beyond that now. I genuinely believe both tried their best in extremely trying circumstances, the alternative belief would be too dreadful for words. I only comment on what I see, and I have seen is a fitter, more organised side since Nico left, but as I say one with limited to non existent striking capability. However, what I see now is far, far more worrying, and that is TUFC dying/being killed off before our eyes, a sickness that is eating into the bones of our Club.

It was obvious to all fans that GI’s objective has always been to get hold of the ground, in my view originally to be achieved by persuading the Council to sell the freehold to them first, to sit on things for a couple of years and then to offload TUFC to anybody who would take a football club without a ground or, more likely, to liquidate it. The objective is still to get hold of the ground, but the means looks to have changed to killing TUFC first, because the first game plan has proved difficult. I have felt that the end is in sight before, and been proved wrong, but everything I see now suggests that the vultures are winning.
The club has been dying well before Nico or Owers came on board. Nico was only hired because he was willing to work for what the Philips board could afford. Likewise Owers was taken on because Clarke Osbourne refused to pay for harrop's first choice of manager.
As to destroying the club before getting the plainmoor freehold. I don't think that is the aim. If the club died, the current lease on the ground would die with it. That would mean the market value of the land would soar to a commercial levels, surely Osbourne intends to get the land for as little as possible therefore he still needs TUFC.
What I think was meant to happen was that Osbourne gets the land at a knock down rate. In the meantime harrop is employed to make the club saleable (hence the reintroduction of youth sides and the reserve side, in general rebuilding the footballing infrastructure). The club would be sold after the freehold was obtained.
I think Osbourne didn't realise what it takes financially or time wise, to rebuild a football club that has not been run properly since the bateson era.
Basically I agree with your second paragraph but can't see how killing the club before getting the freehold would help Osbourne.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

If TUFC died and the value of the land at Plainmoor then increased to commercial levels then it is not just the Council that would make money, but also carefully selected partners, whoever they may be.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Is the land that Plainmoor is on worth all that much anyway? It's not a huge plot when you think about it if it was razed and it's surrounded by other houses and buildings too.

I know it would be possible to squeeze a lot of flats / apartments in a small space but overall is the potential profit really worth all this hassle to CO?

Especially when you consider that running a crap bottom of the league football club in the NL must be costing him a lot more than he's getting in return.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Yorkieandy wrote: 06 Jan 2018, 10:54 Is the land that Plainmoor is on worth all that much anyway? It's not a huge plot when you think about it if it was razed and it's surrounded by other houses and buildings too.

I know it would be possible to squeeze a lot of flats / apartments in a small space but overall is the potential profit really worth all this hassle to CO?

Especially when you consider that running a crap bottom of the league football club in the NL must be costing him a lot more than he's getting in return.
You may be right. The problem is that those who put their hard earned cash into the club at every home game are fed snippets of information, usually incomplete and often misleading. We have a local paper that doesn’t do investigative journalism into TUFC. On that basis suspicions grow, rumours get passed around and the fans become increasingly disenchanted, fearful and unhappy. If GI states their intentions clearly and honestly that might help, but there is more chance of the Gulls getting promoted this season than that happening. I assume the worst, in the absence of information what else can I do?

Sharks have infested football for years, aided and abetted by the old men who run our beautiful game, it is a tragedy. A working class game stolen by wealthy & corrupt people who would make the Krays look honest. At the top of the the tree sits FIFA, a corrupt & rotten organisation that was headed by a man who should be in jail until he dies.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

The thinking is Plainmoor will just be part of a bigger deal.
TUST number 080
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

The thinking is Plainmoor will just be part of a bigger deal.
TUST number 080
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Harrop has been exposed as a charlatan, who is executing his masters plan very nicely.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

What now then?

Also why take off Fletcher for Keating? If anything he should’ve took off Reid. Keating and Reid hasn’t worked this season, we’ve lacked goals with them upfront. So why go back to them?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

To make the striker situation worse Former Loanee Shawn McCoulsky scored for Newport in the FA cup. The guy Nicho didn't really give a chance...... What ifs ehh
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

James Gray featured in the York Press with the headline, 'STEVE TORPEY TELLS GOAL SHY JAMES GRAY NOT TO BECOME DESPONDENT'.

He's not scored in 11 games since joining the Minstermen. IN THE BLOODY NLN!!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

James Gray was never the answer anyway, York can keep him as long as they like he'll never make a prolific goal scorer as long as he's got a hole in is @s$.