Two strikers Imminent?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 12:32 You should have sat beside me at Borehm Wood and seen me grinding my teeth, my feet and anything else I could in an attempt to keep my mouth shut in the face of that shit-fest from our midfield; then you would understand! :B
no offence, but to be honest, I'm glad I wasn't there to watch the game Merse.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

welsh_gull wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 17:21 Holman gone to Leyton Orient on loan
Martin Ling working his contact magic again, just like he did when he brought Rene Howe to Torquay. O' to have a manager or a GM/DoF with 'contacts, contacts, contacts' !

I remember Martin Ling ahead of the 2012–13 season,telling BBC Radio Devon: "I would set my sights at the top three with the play-offs as the safety ... if you don't set out to finish where the success lies, you're selling yourself short." It just has a much better ring than Ower's telling us "We're tarred with this 'we're bottom of the league, we're rubbish'. Well, we're not rubbish any more". Of course not Gary, pray tell how we are bottom of the league if we are not rubbish?
Last edited by MellowYellow on 01 Jan 2018, 23:12, edited 4 times in total.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

MellowYellow wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 22:56 Martin Ling working his contact magic again, just like he did when he brought Rene Howe to Torquay. O' to have a manager or a GM/DoF with 'contacts, contacts, contacts' !
It's what you need. Merse once said Tony Boyce said the 3 most important thing for a manager was contacts contacts and more contacts
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

nickbrod wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 21:15 Well according to DT in a story which has appeared this evening in DevonLive stand by for a number of ins and outs over the next few days. Outs presumably because of loan deals expiring.
With the side now bottom we all deserve some good news.
To be realistic, Westyorkgull is right - unless we are in the unlikely position to be able to fork out transfer fees, who are we likely to sign halfway through the season? Players who are not performing with their current clubs, that's what. Of our current loanees, I hope Efete and Dowling stay, and also Davey if he is allowed to play alongside Efete and McGinty, but I also agree with Westyorkgull that bringing in another crop of loanees is not the answer.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Gary Ower's quote 25th Oct 2017 "We're not in a position where we'll get carried away, it's going to be a long process, it's going to take a couple more weeks to improve our position". 10 weeks later 2nd Jan 2018 - improved positon - 'Bottom of the league'. If that's improvement then there is only one way we are heading this season. But lets not criticise the man after all this is all Nicho's fault as will be next season and the season after next and for time immortal
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Could McGinty be about to be sold to bring in some transfer funds to spend on a striker(s)?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

nickbrod wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 08:56 Could McGinty be about to be sold to bring in some transfer funds to spend on a striker(s)?
http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic. ... 0&start=86

Depends on whether FGR go for him or a Cheltenham target ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

merse btpir wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 19:17 Abjectly failing to compete in their personal one-on-one battles with their opposite numbers ~ failing to compete!

You were very careful there Merse.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Barnum Bobb has returned to Newport.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well I'm lost now on who we got and how many ...
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 13:41 http://forum.torquayfans.com/viewtopic. ... 0&start=86

Depends on whether FGR go for him or a Cheltenham target ;-)
They'll be back out of the league in no time if they're seriously considering paying money for McGinty.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

surely we can get someone like ruben reid on loan, playing bit part at exter and will be a big threat in this league, local and surely makes sense?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

There isn't a cat in hells chance of getting Rueben Reid. He started all the early season games and then got dropped as the partnership with him and Jayden Stockley wasn't bearign fruit and had resorted to the Greeks playing long all the time. Liam McAlinden came in for him and since then it's been him and Stockley most games. Since selling Ollie Watkins to Brentford and Wheeler to QPR they are pretty light on direct striking options.

Not a prayer of getting Reid but good shout.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Yorkieandy wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 12:22 There isn't a cat in hells chance of getting Rueben Reid. He started all the early season games and then got dropped as the partnership with him and Jayden Stockley wasn't bearign fruit and had resorted to the Greeks playing long all the time. Liam McAlinden came in for him and since then it's been him and Stockley most games. Since selling Ollie Watkins to Brentford and Wheeler to QPR they are pretty light on direct striking options.

Not a prayer of getting Reid but good shout.

We should have gone in for Matt jay of course Exeter at the start of the season . He’s just broken into the city squad .
He and Ollie Watkins were prolific in their youth set up .
Maybe be we did try to get on loan and got knocked back .
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Meanwhile Kieffer Moore about to be sold by Ipswich to Peterborough.