Two strikers Imminent?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

John Rowlands was a gangly, awkward striker who's 'main problem' in the minds of most of his critics was that he was not Robin Stubbs........

However, getting over that major crime; he was also just as I described him above and not in any way pleasing on the eye; which of course Robin was.

In the retrospect of almost half a century, I don't think he was ever given a fair break by the judgementalists who also used to castigate John Rudge and before then, Tommy Spratt and even earlier Brian Handley and Reg Jenkins.......Jenkins certainly proved 'em all wrong with a wonderful career after he left to become an all time legend with Rochdale.

if you are not the local hero or have replaced one, you have never had a ruddy chance at Torquay
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

taxilady wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 23:10hope we still have this forum in 2018. Soon everybody will be afraid to post anything at all in case it offends anybody.
Yes; I opened the forum this morning to all that hysterical nonsense ~ Happy New Year everyone!

Ignore the nutters and remember the argument which basically was that we might as well have had three members of an u15 girls team in our midfield at Borehamwood for all the problems our lot set the opposition.

You haven't got a chance playing up front with fairies like that behind you and as for trying to defend behind them......... :-/
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 10:09 Yes; I opened the forum this morning to all that hysterical nonsense ~ Happy New Year everyone!

Ignore the nutters and remember the argument which basically was that we might as well have had three members of an u15 girls team in our midfield at Borehamwood for all the problems our lot set the opposition.

You haven't got a chance playing up front with [highlight=yellow]fairies[/highlight] like that behind you and as for trying to defend behind them......... :-/
there you go again Merse...... :-o :rofl:
watch out for the politically correct police who frequent this forum.... :rofl:
......you big girls blouse! :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Oh yes, the 1965 - 66 "SAS" : Spratt And Stubbs, what an awesome pair of strikers, unlike the current pair of tits up front.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I'm offended by that post - I hope you are referring to the winged variety that live at the bottom of my garden and not the two legged mincers who ponce around with man bags.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 12:11 I'm offended by that post - I hope you are referring to the winged variety that live at the bottom of my garden and not the two legged mincers who ponce around with man bags.

:clap: :bow: :lol:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Just remember the crowd taking the mick with the way Rowlands went around the pitch with his arm out
and rather limp wristed, oh I'd better be careful. He did ok for half a season scoring 4 whilst Robin helped
himself to 12 playing alongside him. He even took Robins no 9 shirt during that time for some reason
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 11:55there you go again Merse...... :-o :rofl:
You should have sat beside me at Borehm Wood and seen me grinding my teeth, my feet and anything else I could in an attempt to keep my mouth shut in the face of that shit-fest from our midfield; then you would understand! :B
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dan Holman didn't make the bench today for Cheltenham. Could he be on the move?
welsh_gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: A.Russell

Post by welsh_gull »

Holman gone to Leyton Orient on loan
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Blissett wasn’t on the bench for Argyle today..... :whistle:
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP

Post by taxilady »

brucie wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 12:11 I'm offended by that post - I hope you are referring to the winged variety that live at the bottom of my garden and not the two legged mincers who ponce around with man bags.
excellent description of Huxtable,but I'm sorry that he's now living so close to you. :na:
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Quite simple for me

We need to buy some players , loans no good. Castoffs no good enough and we need players to live up to the fee.

Loan players we are doomed if not already been
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Well according to DT in a story which has appeared this evening in DevonLive stand by for a number of ins and outs over the next few days. Outs presumably because of loan deals expiring.
With the side now bottom we all deserve some good news.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

nickbrod wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 21:15 Well according to DT in a story which has appeared this evening in DevonLive stand by for a number of ins and outs over the next few days. Outs presumably because of loan deals expiring.
With the side now bottom we all deserve some good news.
Here's the link to the story Nick mentions above.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... ies-997678