Eastleigh racism

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I agree with the last two posts from SG and AG
Perhaps the offender genuinely thinks he is Polish and he is called Zebrowski which is a Polish surname
Not condoning it at all but you hear a lot worse, what about 'you dirty northern bastards' ? Not very nice is it
In the cricket world I believe Pakis, an abbreviation of Pakistanis is frowned upon but are Aussies, Limeys, Kiwis,
Windies ok ? All getting a bit silly really
But monkey chants , well that is a different matter
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 10:54 I've seen a lot of football at various levels these past five years and i have noticed a definite increasing trend of bother at games involving the more younger teenage scrotes. Things like the smoke bomb brigade. There are instances at many clubs nearly every week at all levels involving these things and the only deterrent is a ban for life. Get these morons away from football.
Have to agree with this. There has been a very slow but noticeable reoccurrence of hooliganism raising its ugly head again in football. If we chose to be complacent about it like many of the contributors on here then before we know it going to a football match will become a very unpleasant experience like it was at some grounds in the 1970s and 80s.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 11:14
We all come from somewhere different i'm sure if we go far back enough.
Actually the dumb thing about racism is that we all come from the same place.
Homo Sapiens originate from the Rift Valley in Africa. Every human being who is or ever was can trace their ancestry back to these peoples. We are all Africans.
aldershotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by aldershotgull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 12:58 The meaning of the word ethnicity is a group of people who identity with each other on the basis of a common language, shared ancestry, society, culture or nationality.
You state that race is characterised as an ethnic group. Given these two things then the term Polish was used in an ethnic and racist sense.
Whilst you have made a fair point re ethnicity, the fact remains that racism is defined as enforcing your superiority over a person from another race. That was not done here though was it? What we have is an idiot whose outburst was nothing more than a dumbass remark.
aldershotgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by aldershotgull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 13:15 Have to agree with this. There has been a very slow but noticeable reoccurrence of hooliganism raising its ugly head again in football. If we chose to be complacent about it like many of the contributors on here then before we know it going to a football match will become a very unpleasant experience like it was at some grounds in the 1970s and 80s.
Care to back up your inflammatory remark that we are complacent regarding hooliganism? Do you have proof that we have been complacent on here?
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I would imagine that these meat heads would not have the mental capacity to formulate irony.

On those grounds it is quite amusing (or sad) that they would seem to think that Zebroski is Polish. I did witness this bunch of cretins kicking off at the North Ferriby game - they really are an embarrassment.

You only have to look at the title of the thread "Eastleigh Racism" initiated by #Shocked and Disgusted@Northamptongull - someone who wasn't even at the game. In which case "Alleged Eastleigh Racism" would have been a far more accurate title.
moneylife
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by moneylife »

Torquay Utd's team roster is as multicultural as can be . If there really are now racist elements in the crowd, I like to believe the old guard of true fans will soon stamp that out.

Im certainly no SJW or campaigner but racism is just seen as being pathetic thesedays
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 13:04 So there is no racism in society. Nobody has ever been assaulted or murdered because of their nationality or had their homes or property vandalised because of their nationality.
Wish I lived in your dream world.
This is just another of your opinions that you're trying to pass off as fact.

I work the doors with a lot of Polish lads, they get no more stick than I or my black colleagues do. I don't disagree with you that there's a problem but I do disagree on how you portray your opinions as facts, they're nothing of the sort.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Some very good points of view, although they differ, on what constitutes racism on this thread. Just to add a few final thoughts on Eastleigh, as I was right next to the group causing trouble....
1. Chanting. I think this has been dealt with in this thread, calling someone a '****ing Polish ****' is either racist or unsavoury according to your definition. Personally I hate to see this level of abuse, not that I have much sympathy with Zebrovski.
2. The flare - everyone saw it, it was thrown onto the touchline after we scored, not a big deal
I guess but hope we avoid a fine.
3. Fighting at half time - again compared to much more serious incidents, it was just a bunch of young lads trying to look tough, not big and clever to assault the stewards though and quite rightly a few got ejected.
4. The monkey noises. The reason that most didn't hear this was that it came from somewhere in that group of lads and was one person, and it was (as someone posted on here re an incident at a home game) it was done quietly - loud enough I suspect for all his mates around to hear, not loud enough for stewards to pick it up. If you were sitting right next to this group you'd have heard, but don't forget this is an away match with people spread out in seats, not packed together standing. The neutral
I had taken with me - first Torquay game - was totally shocked, and the guy who tweeted that he'd heard it was also right next to this group. Wish I could have seen who it was - incidentally I don't think it was the lad leading the Polish chant as I had a good view of him - but there was none in the second half, so could have been one those evicted. For those in denial, who weren't there, but don't want to admit we have a problem, I have suppprted Torquay for 35 years and have watched them
away all over the country. I am 100% sure that I heard the monkey noises twice, with zero doubt. Brucie, had you been in my seat, you'd have heard it too. Sorry to be ther nearer of bad tidings. Once on around 15 mins, the second 25-30 mins. To me, this is way more serious than the other issues, I'm really angry about it - and they sooner we admit it, we can begin to address it.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Jesus wept. The fact that ONE idiot shouted something to Zebroski about being Polish is now seem as “evidence” of a racist breakdown of UK society, exemplified by Brexit. I, like many Torquay fans unlucky enough to attend the hellhole called Torquay Boys’ Grammar School, had a good number of classmates and school friends with Polish names, whose fathers had been in the Polish Airforce. Polish people are our friends, most sane British people, certainly most from Torbay, hold no racist views about Polish people whatsoever. There is undoubtedly some appalling racism in Britain, but is one **** shouting at Zebroski evidence of mass hatred of Polish people, of course it bloody well isn’t.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

If you have no sympathy for Zebroski why do you actually call yourself Zebgull?

I actually went to an amateur match at Torrington once when someone I know called one of the opposition midfielders "a dirty cheating pole".

Did I think it was racist? - not for one minute and it even now it is viewed with much hilarity - I think the player was from Latvia.

Similarly one local oik without two brain cells to rub together who seems to think that Zebroski hails from Poland is hardly racist (unless you wish to see racism wherever you look)

As for the monkey noises - well no one in their right mind would justify that but you seem to be saying that it wasn't said loud enough for anyone to hear, in which case its very difficult to address.
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Well Brucie let's focus on the serious issue which was the monkey noises - so you're saying that if only the 20 or so immediately near this guy could hear it that it makes it 'difficult to address'?' Possibly, but does that mean we shouldn't be trying? It's still totally unacceptable to me...
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

So simply because it was only one idiot making monkey noises or shouting something slightly racist at Zebroski, we should clam down and let it go? Stand by and do nothing?

If someone is being racist then it needs challenging, not only by stewards but by fellow supporters. Yet with that sort of attitude, then it is no wonder that some fans would feel too intimidated to report something to stewards. Look at the grief John Walsh has been getting for pointing out racist chanting that has been verified by someone else. Good on the bloke for sticking his head above the parapet and challenge something which has no place in a civilised society. Instead, the gang of chavs mock him for posting photos of himself in his TUFC colours and offer to meet another poster for a chat on NY Day.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Put the boot on the other foot.

You walk down the street and get called an English cnut by a group of Eastern Europeans.

I'm pretty damn sure you'd call that racist.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Not me, we're the same race.................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com