Eastleigh racism

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Northampton gulls

Eastleigh racism

Post by Northampton gulls »

I was shocked and disgusted to read today that there have been reports of racism coming from our fans in the Eastleigh game making “monkey noises” this is not right and not something that should be seen by supporters of the club a you dont only bring down the reputation of yourselves but the club as well

Disgusting the perpetrators should be ashamed
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Not accurate at all.

I, along with just about everyone else, heard one individual label Zebroski as Polish but there were no monkey noises to be heard. Idiotic thing to shout but I would call it having a ridiculous sense of humour rather than racism. The offending lad was ejected by the stewards after being identified, not that it was hard as his voice is fairly distinctive and everyone heard it very clearly.

I don't think any other supporters bar his mates would defend what he did so not sure what the rest of us are guilty of.

https://www.torquayunited.com/club-stat ... ay-united/
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

The accusation of monkey noises is in this article..http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-42515442.

John Walsh says he heard this. I can only say, I was sat in the top row, with in touching distance of this group of lads, I didn't at any time hear any monkey noises, or anything else remotely racist. I also know SG was sat near the front, and in a very good place to hear/see what went on.

Not trying in anyway to downplay things here, but this is what happens when things are blow up out of all proportion. I along with my son and a friend were the last TUFC fans to leave the ground, on the way out had a chat with the Eastleigh stewards, who were first class, they said, 7 TUFC fans had been ejected from the ground, only 1 was for racism, and it was down to a 'polish' reference, rather than the colour of skin, the rest I presume were connected to the smoke bomb.
Formerly known as forevertufc
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

forevertufc wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 19:47 The accusation of monkey noises is in this article..http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-42515442.

John Walsh says he heard this. I can only say, I was sat in the top row, with in touching distance of this group of lads, I didn't at any time hear any monkey noises, or anything else remotely racist. I also know SG was sat near the front, and in a very good place to hear/see what went on.

Not trying in anyway to downplay things here, but this is what happens when things are blow up out of all proportion. I along with my son and a friend were the last TUFC fans to leave the ground, on the way out had a chat with the Eastleigh stewards, who were first class, they said, 7 TUFC fans had been ejected from the ground, only 1 was for racism, and it was down to a 'polish' reference, rather than the colour of skin, the rest I presume were connected to the smoke bomb.
Over reaction from the media. I'm not sure how big/bulky these smoke bombs are. But had sufficient checks been carried out prior to entry then it would have been nipped in the bud, hence why you are body checked at plainmoor
Lucy
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Lucy, I cover a lot of Category C high risk games and even with the Security surrounding those I can tell you it's nigh on impossible to stop these things getting in. I won't reveal why on here but it really is down to punishing those severely when caught. At the moment there's not enough deterrent to stop them taking these devices to football.

I think it's a handful of lads responsible and each and every club has such a group, in this instance I feel headlines were more important than the facts. Everybody heard the Polish reference, nobody near me heard anything remotely close to monkey chants apart from myself at the food hut :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 20:30 Lucy, I cover a lot of Category C high risk games and even with the Security surrounding those I can tell you it's nigh on impossible to stop these things getting in. I won't reveal why on here but it really is down to punishing those severely when caught. At the moment there's not enough deterrent to stop them taking these devices to football.

I think it's a handful of lads responsible and each and every club has such a group, in this instance I feel headlines were more important than the facts. Everybody heard the Polish reference, nobody near me heard anything remotely close to monkey chants apart from myself at the food hut :)
Thanks. Hope your kielbasa was nice
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Storm in a tea cup but cheers for starting the thread (when you weren't even there)
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Hi all, I am sorry to have to say that it's true. I have been a TUFC for 40 years and after the game I was so depressed at the behaviour of some 'fans' that I feel pretty disillusioned right now. In my book, monkey noises (twice in the first half, the second time clearly audible from where I was sitting but unfortunately I couldn't see who made them, and both times made at the same Eastleigh player taking a corner), and a group of lads at half time kicking, hitting and shoving a steward who was trying to restrain one of their 'mates', is not acceptable anywhere in society. Let alone seeing it happening at the club I love.
Add to that the racist chanting (I accept that people will have differing views on whether this was racist or not) and the flare, it isn't something being 'blown out of proportion', and just because some of you didn't hear it, I'm afraid to say that some of us did. I know also that someone else in the half time tea queue was blaming the stewards for the fighting so if someone has a different view of what happened I'm very willing to hear them out - I'm just recounting what I saw. If one of the lads in this group thinks that being 'hard' is attacking one steward with a group of mates, then take a good look at yourself. And I'd urge you to do the following; if you were standing next to the person making monkey noises, contact someone at TUFC with a name. I know you won't want to dob a mate in, and he'll probably be banned, but he's an idiot - and it'll be the best thing you ever did for the club you love - as a fan, and as a man.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

zebgull wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 23:04 Hi all, I am sorry to have to say that it's true. I have been a TUFC for 40 years and after the game I was so depressed at the behaviour of some 'fans' that I feel pretty disillusioned right now. In my book, monkey noises (twice in the first half, the second time clearly audible from where I was sitting but unfortunately I couldn't see who made them, and both times made at the same Eastleigh player taking a corner), and a group of lads at half time kicking, hitting and shoving a steward who was trying to restrain one of their 'mates', is not acceptable anywhere in society. Let alone seeing it happening at the club I love.
Add to that the racist chanting (I accept that people will have differing views on whether this was racist or not) and the flare, it isn't something being 'blown out of proportion', and just because some of you didn't hear it, I'm afraid to say that some of us did. I know also that someone else in the half time tea queue was blaming the stewards for the fighting so if someone has a different view of what happened I'm very willing to hear them out - I'm just recounting what I saw. If one of the lads in this group thinks that being 'hard' is attacking one steward with a group of mates, then take a good look at yourself. And I'd urge you to do the following; if you were standing next to the person making monkey noises, contact someone at TUFC with a name. I know you won't want to dob a mate in, and he'll probably be banned, but he's an idiot - and it'll be the best thing you ever did for the club you love - as a fan, and as a man.
Welcome zeb.

Im sure the guy zeb kicked to shit in the harbour feels your sentiments .
Lucy
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Other respected posters have already stated that they heard nothing , yet you as a new user apparently heard racist chanting. Sorry but if there was racist chanting everybody would have heard it not just you.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 23:21 Other respected posters have already stated that they heard nothing , yet you as a new user apparently heard racist chanting. Sorry but if there was racist chanting everybody would have heard it not just you.
:goodpost:
Lucy
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Brucie I respect your opinion, but firstly I joined in 2011, but follow this forum rather than post, sorry if that makes my opinion less valid. Totally incorrect that everyone would have heard - I know others did around me, and maybe I was sitting nearer than those you mention. One other TUFC fan who tweeted that he'd heard it was I think the guy right behind me. The reason I am posting is that I am so angry that I witnessed it - are you seriously suggesting that I imagined it? The first time I could hardly believe it myself. The second time -as the player was running in front of us to take a corner - it was unmistakable.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Thank you for your contribution, Zeb.

I was not at the Eastleigh game but I have experienced an all too similar situation at our very own popside a couple of months ago. I was stood in front and to the left of a group of 2 or 3 over excited 15/16 year olds. They were doing the usual swearing and shouting until close to half time one of them made quiet but unmistakable monkey noises. This obviously attracted the attention of those around them, including myself, and the guy stood directly in front of them turned around and told them to shut the f**k up. I dont think anyone knew exactly which one of them made the noises. They did not return to the same place after half time.

Just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Stop being so bloody ignorant to the issue and hostile to those that are only reporting what they themselves heard.

This kind of thing has no place in modern day football and certainly not at TUFC. We as the club's fans need to do everything we can to stamp it out.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Goose9 wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 23:55 Just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Stop being so bloody ignorant to the issue and hostile to those that are only reporting what they themselves heard. This kind of thing has no place in modern day football and certainly not at TUFC. We as the club's fans need to do everything we can to stamp it out.
I echo that and in addition say to lucy6lucy have you been on the pop tonight or are you in a mood to deliberately disrespect other clubs/selected players tonight?

Racism isn't just audible it is in the mind too; it isn't acceptable to adopt a racist attitude or behave in a racist manner towards anyone; whether they are in a different biological taxon as you or not. Bit of a double whammy for Zebs to be both of Polish descent AND Afro-Caribbean.

Let's focus instead on ostracising the perpetrators of such nonsense and support every effort to 'out' them!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

What a load of rubbish! Hyped up nonsense. I was there and nothing was heard bar the ‘you Polish ****’ comment to Zebroski which the perpetrator was removed at HT for on grounds of ‘racism’.

The media have lapped up all this because the keyboard attention seeker many know from Facebook John Walsh has tweeted and commented on every mention on the matter. He is the only person I have seen either at the match, on Facebook or Twitter mention hearing anything of monkey noises. The BBC then lapped this up and included it in their article.

Fake news.