Teams around us

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Teams around us

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Halifax 4-0 Chesterfield
Orient 1-0 Maidstone
Guisley 1-0 Aldershot
Solihull 0-0 Borenham Wood

Could be worse, but could be better!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Think you'll find Chesterfield aren't in this division - yet.
It finished:
Guiseley 1 Aldershot 1
Maidstone 0 Orient 2
What it means is that we still stay third from bottom but worse we're now eight points from safety and Eastleigh under new management won at Dagenham.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Chesterfield?!

Well they will be in the NL in a few months i guess so i'll let you off. :lol:

Bad set of results today. Really bad. A gap of 8 points with a poor GD (so 9 points effectively) has once again opened up. It does appear that some of the teams above have the scope to be able to pull away such as Eastleigh and Orient whilst the ones who don't like Barrow and Fylde are doing enough to not get pulled in.

This Torquay side has proved it can beat the best in the league but needs some hardcore recruits to beef up the squad to be able to stave off the drop IMO. Somehow, even if these players were available, i cannot see GI making a serious effort to keep the club in the NL.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

8 points from safety and it’s a Groundhog Christmas!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

As confident as I am of survival and still am. It's clear these 3 games over Xmas we need some serious points just like the remaining 18 games after. I'd snap your hand of for 6 points from 9...bare minimum 5 and ideally 7points plus
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

All we can say is thank god Chester play Guisley on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. We should take advantage of this. Although this is Torquay I’m talking about
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Not so concerned with Guisley and Chester, we have to assume we are going to finish above them , if not
we are sunk. I am more worried about the widening gap above and catching teams such as Eastleigh, Orient
and Barrow who all won today,. Eastleigh winning was a real blow as we could have got close to them
If this gap increases any more, we are going to have too much to do. Think we may have pushed our luck
one season too far this time
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Well it underlines that any players coming in during the January transfer window will be key to survival. Let's hope Owers and Kuhl pick wisely.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There's no doubting our club finds itself in a difficult position, avoiding the drop will be a tough ask now, but I've maintained will continue to do so, do not give up.

Think it's been said above, the team needs a good Christmas, especially v Eastleigh, and if a couple of players could be brought in, as I don't think this team needs a lot to go on a winning run, there's no stand out teams this year, everyone is capable of winning on the day, this looks bleak, but it's not over.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 23 Dec 2017, 17:22 Chesterfield?!

Well they will be in the NL in a few months i guess so i'll let you off. :lol:

Bad set of results today. Really bad. A gap of 8 points with a poor GD (so 9 points effectively) has once again opened up. It does appear that some of the teams above have the scope to be able to pull away such as Eastleigh and Orient whilst the ones who don't like Barrow and Fylde are doing enough to not get pulled in.

This Torquay side has proved it can beat the best in the league but needs some hardcore recruits to beef up the squad to be able to stave off the drop IMO. Somehow, even if these players were available, i cannot see GI making a serious effort to keep the club in the NL.
Having only won 4 games all season I'm not sure how you can think we can beat the best in the league - not much evidence to support that view I'm afraid.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

That Owers says he's going shopping in the New Year would suggest that GI are still supporting him financially.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

nickbrod wrote: 24 Dec 2017, 13:00 That Owers says he's going shopping in the New Year would suggest that GI are still supporting him financially.
The trouble is others will be shopping too and I can't see too many 'good 'uns' being made available - those that are will want to go to Clubs who haven't been at the bottom of this God-forsaken league for three consecutive seasons.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

You say 'this God-forsaken league'; it's the league we are in through our own mis-management.

It's a league we will be very pleased to be in next season too and have set the bar at mere survival in for the two seasons before this. Perhaps references to it as such are an underlying reason why we never seem to come to terms with it these days......think about it.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Going into the tranmere match we where 3 points from safety, 2 games later the gap is 8(9 with gd). Draws are no longer good enough, we have to start winning. The teams above are pulling away from us , guiesley and Solihull and Chester. A big opportunity has us play Eastleigh twice in a week. 5pm New Year's Day, will be a defining league table for our survival prospects.
Lucy
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Orient winning 2 nil....make snow difference in some respects ....we need to win