Cedric Munslow

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Cedric Munslow

Post by Tired Old Gull »

My thoughts go to Cedric and his family at this current time ... as I understand Cedric is presently in Rowcroft Hospice.

All the very best Ced.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

My hopes and thoughts go out to Mr Torquay United Cedric Munslow. and His family. I hope your as comfortable as can be and Christmas is not too bad for you.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

That's sad to hear.........my respect and best wishes to 'Ced' ~ someone I go back over 45 years with!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Not good news. Saw him at Plainmoor quite recently always kind and cheery and always helpful.
Get well soon.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Remember chatting too him day before the barnet game in 2001 , can't remember what we were talking about but of course he oozed torquay united.
Having a thought for you and wishes for you and your family.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

He may have "oozed" TUFC but his team is West Ham.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Cedric was a 'groundstaff boy' at Plainmoor ~ he's five years older than me ~ in the early sixties; that was the forerunner of the apprentice system and there is a wonderful story of how groundsman Freddie King gave him a job with an air rifle getting rid of the gulls and pigeons in the old grandstand rafters, those in the Cow Shed and the Popular Side; and ended up getting hit in the arse from a less than impressed 'Ced'....I don't know if he held ambitions to be a 'hitman' in those days but he did have a brother (Dave) who was a goalkeeper.

I first ran into him when he was player-manager of Devon General FC in the Torbay Wednesday League; he was a driver based at the garage in Newton Road Torquay and I was a driver at Newton Abbot ~ we used to 'meet' on the number twelves....if I know Cedric he more than likely tucked in behind my bus doing all the work for him and his conductor! :~D

He and I also crossed paths when I began refereeing and he was managing Kingsteignton Athletic; all that seems a very long time ago now.

Later our fortunes followed similar paths when he took on the job in the Commercial Dept that I had once held. I'm so sad to learn of him being in Rowcroft; if anyone visits him please pass on my regards.
Tired Old Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Smith

Post by Tired Old Gull »

Very sad to report that Cedric has today passed away.

RIP Cedric
Last edited by Tired Old Gull on 12 Jan 2018, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Rest in peace sir
Didn't know him , have spoke to him years ago and clearly a character and a football bloke.

Condolences to the family
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

A fitting tribute now up on the OS - and a minutes silence to be observed at tomorrows game, for a real club legend - players may come and go but its people like Ced that are the lifeblood of the football club through all the good times and all the bad too.

https://www.torquayunited.com/cedric-munslow/

RIP Ced, you will be missed
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

As I posted earlier in this thread; Cedric and I went back years ~ as did many people with him ~ and it is another blow to the Torquay United Family to lose him so soon after the passing of Ian Twitchin.

Condolences to Donna and Dean
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Lovely guy, i think he was commercial manager when I first met him. Always passionate about the club and I remember him passing me on the st marychurch rd driving the youth squad in the tufc minibus.
Condolences to his family
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Part of the plainmoor family that's for sure.

A minutes silence is fitting tribute
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Really sad news, Cedric was a proper club man with such enthusiasm and energy. My father and I met him many times at Plainmoor, often to say hello to, had many laughs as well and especially a few times at sponsored games, brilliant guy.

The first time I met Cedric was surreal as it was at a trial match for TUFC u16's Cedric was there at the session, I got "sandwiched", as I fell put my hand down and broke my wrist. Cedric legged it across the pitch (didnt he move) yelling , stop, stop as I tried to play on, he grabbed me and led me away. I asked as I held my wrist "what have I done", Cedric replied "What have you done, you've broke the bastard thats what you've done" Blunt but it sort of put me at ease. When I returned to the u16's in a cast a while later Cedric was brilliant to me, warm, friendly and encouraging.

R.I.P, Cedric, TUFC will badly miss you.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Passed the time of day with Cedric some time before Christmas. He didn't know me from Adam but still gave me a smile and a greeting.

Nice to know he was held in such high regard.
TUST member 200 ;-)