GI bring the scaffolding in

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nwyellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by nwyellow »

It surprises me how many new stands / facilities call them what you want, seem to be built with little regard for what you might think are givens. the developments at both Salford City and FC United of Manchester are new and still growing (and Salford are professional, have the money and are more than likely in National League next year) don't have dedicated food points or toilets, at least not all round the ground. Salford use containers and caravans, or did very recently when I was last there, while FC used a caravan (small and not really up to standard for the crowds) and a single portaloo for the ex northwich vics stand end (home end). The bar is shoed in under the bar and is quite bizarre but in a good way and creates quite an atmosphere under there. and if you do happen to go on your way passing beneath the stand look up to the right on one of the first steelwork legs and there is a TUFC scarf in all its glory. No idea who put the one there among all the others from visiting fans but it was very nice to see.

I will just finish though that it is good if the ground is being maintained and can only be seen in a positive light
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 14:23 Nevertheless; the build of Bristow's Bench was carried out in a rather brainless fashion ~ no toilets, no catering, no 'prestigious' viewing area for sponsors/directors, no drainage consideration for the pitch ~ it's a real shame because the view is optimum (if into a setting sun) and it's a handsome structure........

To think that forty years ago my colleague Alex Jackson and I were presenting a case with brewery backing for the board to consider making the Marnham Road/Victoria Road corner the new hub of the club with social facilities incorporating a viewing lounge with plate glass frontage above new dressing rooms in that corner and a seated stand along the soon to condemned Popside with that pesky setting sun behind instead of in the eyes of the seated patrons and technical areas. The ancient old grandstand could then have been de-commissioned at a later date without the inconvenience of temporary dressing rooms and press facilities. There was no boardroom appetite for it!

It came for Mike Bateson to grasp the nettle and construct the Family Stand after we had left.
a bit like the one at AFC Fylde looks like then merse....
a very impressive stadium. and yes backed by money from a man who wants to invest in a football club.......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Neal wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 13:30 Apologies for being pedantic but couldn't help myself :)

when we have a large crowd? mmmmmmmm

A bar for the away fans - mmmmmmmm don't know what the average of wawy fans is but lets say 50, half of which wont probably drink. Some will have half pints or coke, don't think there is allot of profit there.
You only have to hit 2000 and it get chaotic in that corner, with queues for the toilets and the catering getting mixed up and our ever helpful stewards looking on and doing nothing. Although, latterly a bit of plastic barrier has been introduced.
TUST number 080
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Sorry for coming back on this one late, haven't been around much this last week due to work commitments. I did critize both the opening question and it's reposting on here, nothing personal meant in that. The reason for doing so is simple.

When seeing the scaffolding going up, all anyone needed to do was ask themselves some questions, who owns the ground, Rivera stadium Ltd or the council, can Rivera Stadium Ltd knock down a structure they do not own, maybe that would have prevented the asking of a daft question, regardless of whether it was meant in jest or not.

Anyway, just caught up the thread, good see it turned into a positive discussion.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Don't we own the structures ?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To be fair you have a point there (my bad) however, they still don't own the land, so there would be no point, as that would only serve to potentially benefit the land owner which isn't Rivera Stadium Ltd, whilst they may not need planning permission to knock down the structures, I think they would need an Application for Prior Notification of Proposed Demolition.

I think this further demonstrates the importance that our current club owners, do not get there hands on land though.
Formerly known as forevertufc
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Not read the whole thread but honestly scaffolding would not just go up with the intention of knocking it all down without us knowing. Having said that for those wanting to keep plainmoor council leased this is exactly what we need , eyes wide open and leave no stone unturned if anything suspicious. Council meetings , bulldozers , legal documents....anything.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 24 Dec 2017, 10:31 Not read the whole thread but honestly scaffolding would not just go up with the intention of knocking it all down without us knowing. Having said that for those wanting to keep plainmoor council leased this is exactly what we need , eyes wide open and leave no stone unturned if anything suspicious. Council meetings , bulldozers , legal documents....anything.
EXACTLY, that's why the question was asked in the first place , you have to keep your friends close & your enemies even closer by keeping an eye on the ball & reporting any movement , construction , destruction or what ever is happening at plainmoor cos you can be sure as eggs is eggs you won't get any info from CO or GH or from that bloody awful official web site which in my humble opinion is one of the worst I have ever tried to navigate, its out of touch out of date most of the time, effin useless.
Keep your eyes & ears open & report it on here how ever minor you may think it is to others intelligence.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL COYY. :bow: