Re: Ian Twitchin -RIP memorial

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
laura twitchin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ian Twitchin

Post by laura twitchin »

I am Ian Twitchin daughter I have merse backup, the amount of people that attended my father funeral has made me even more determined he deserves a premenant memorial. Pat Kruse is in Australia but has contacted my mum and family. It's a hard time at the moment but I going to try to get something for my dad being loyal to tufc.my dad flowers were in colour of spurs and Torquay United, his old boots on coffin loyal till end. Please help with any suggestions as I don't have a clue my dad was my hero and I loved his stories, even if I heard them twenty times. My dad is buried at teignmouth cemerety and mum lives in bungalow next door, so we got him close. Also Dave rudge hasn't moved away I saw him at funeral as anyone got contact details for him please. The only person we can't find us Willy brown I just hope he knows
laura twitchin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by laura twitchin »

I am proud to announce that dad's permanent memorial for torquay united will be a match day on the 9th of February 3 o'clock kick off at plainmoor. Myself and all family will be there and would appreciate anyone that would like to come to support us in celebrating dad's football career
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

laura twitchin wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 16:03 I am proud to announce that dad's permanent memorial for torquay united will be a match day on the 9th of February 3 o'clock kick off at plainmoor. Myself and all family will be there and would appreciate anyone that would like to come to support us in celebrating dad's football career
Wouldn't miss it for the world Laura.
Hope everything with your family is ok.
Best wishes.
Bob Rackley & son
laura twitchin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by laura twitchin »

Lovely be nice to meet you they have given dad a suite. Please come to the seagulls nest and then you can see it, it's not enough really but at least he has something at Torquay.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Nothing would be enough for Twitches memorial in my eyes Laura.
Such a dedicated true professional, Ian's attitude & efforts puts the loyalty of today's players to shame.
Bob (my Dad, 78 ) is as bandy legged as your Dad was & is on sticks so it might be a struggle to get up any steps/stairs, but we'll do our utmost to show our faces.
It'll be nice for Dad to have a chat with your family & reminisce, as he was an ex pro himself, he new Twitch very well with his connections with ECFC, TUFC & being a Teignmouth lad himself of course not forgetting Teignmouth AFC, the Alex Legett, Paul Cayless, Colin Gray, Andy Sprague etc etc era.
laura twitchin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by laura twitchin »

Thank you for your kind words, the date you posted this it was dad's birthday. There's a video on my Facebook of 9th of February, I don't know maybe should fight for more I gave up a bit as Torquay made it hard to get suite.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

laura twitchin wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 13:01 Thank you for your kind words, the date you posted this it was dad's birthday. There's a video on my Facebook of 9th of February, I don't know maybe should fight for more I gave up a bit as Torquay made it hard to get suite.
Don't give up Laura, Patrick & yourself should be very proud of your Dad, as I am of mine, not everybody has a Dad who is a local legend in so many hearts & minds.
I don't know if you have but it may be worth PMing Merse & try & get to talk to him, he knows the club inside out, having once worked for them, he may be able to unlock the ' blind alley ' the club is obviously pushing you into.
A different mind set is always good & personally I have had some good information & enlightening messages from Merse, he's a good bloke no matter what others say on this forum, & will always be on the side of your family make no bones about that.
Have you joined his excellent ' BEYOND THE PENN INN ROUNDABOUT ' forum ? If not do so , that's another way forward to get his undived attention.
Good luck & keep fighting, & a special well done for getting what you have managed to so far.
Gav Rackley
Teignmouth.
laura twitchin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by laura twitchin »

I am personally in touch with Alan have emailed him what he thinks we should do, yeah on other forum too
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Great little video,

sure many on here will recognise those pictured

laura twitchin
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by laura twitchin »

Was good video I didn't know how to attach it, was lovely to meet you in person x