Gilligan returns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Gilligan returns

Post by Yellow4life »

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 55,00.html

Has returned a week early after it was due to finish after aldershot next Tuesday.

Never really made an impression at home for me to rate him.
Last edited by Yellow4life on 03 Mar 2011, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Yellow4life wrote:http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 55,00.html

Has returned a week early after it was due to finish after aldershot next Tuesday.

Never really made an impression at home for to rate him.
He never got a chance to impress as he wasn't given a start.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Looked alright innhis sub appearances, with some nice touches. But never really looked like a game changer.

I'm guessing that as the reduces us down to 3 loanees in the matchday squad (Oastler, Stanley and Robinson), this has been done with a view to Bucks getting in the two extra bodies he craves, in positions we need them. We didnt "need" another midfielder in Gilligan, it was worth a pop but didn't work out. I wouldn't be surprised if the board had said you can only bring in two more if you let one go.

So hopefully we will bring players in who can slot straight into the starting eleven. A right back and a centre forward please.
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

Trojan 67 wrote: He never got a chance to impress as he wasn't given a start.
Family bereavement cut short his loan, according to the O/S, also he will get a chance to impress the new manager & win his place back. I am sure he would have started games if "Accrington" had not been such a great success. Hope all goes well for Gilly.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Seemed alright, from what I saw.

I wonder whether he'll get games back at San Sixfields now, though..
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

The Northampton fans will be so happy.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

They'll start saying how he's amazing and how they didn't want to lose him now. He's a good player for lower midtable teams like northampton..
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

yellowforever wrote:They'll start saying how he's amazing and how they didn't want to lose him now. He's a good player for lower midtable teams like northampton..
They already have. I've been keeping tabs on their grotty little board since this all kicked off and I damn near fell off my bed with laughing when I read the new posts in the thread last night. In 19 pages, they have gone from '**** off Gilly, you're the worst player ever at San Sixfields, Torquay are batwank, we're a Premier League side in waiting' to '**** me, I hope we get Gilligan's Island back soon, his replacement has been useless.'

Couldn't buy a place in the starting XI for us, he's their longest serving player, remind me NTFC, which of us has the better squad?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"