FA Trophy First Round

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Of course he's wrong; he's more concerned with throwing abuse than being objective...just ignore him
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

arcadia wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 11:31 I am sure your wrong the away side can claim all their expenses out of the gate receipts as the referee,stewards etc. The away side usually put in the maximum they can claim, I know from experience as any loss is shared.
A good job that you are not the Torquay United accountant (at least I hope that you are not). I have given you the extract from the FA which shows that expenses are repaid from gate receipts. The net profit after deductions from gate receipts is shared between the two clubs and the FA with the clubs getting 45% each. This means that the more expenses that are incurred the less profit is generated so if the away club uses a minibus which is cheaper than a coach they will be reimbursed accordingly and profit will consequently be greater - not rocket science although obviously beyond Merse's intellect to understand. Calculate it for yourself with small numbers and you will find that I am not wrong.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

There are a few people on the forum who have no respect for the F.A.Trophy competition well that's the same attitude that loses all games and it starts at the top.(You have to accept you are where you are)
This is how the F.A. Cup is treated by our foreign Premier League and the teams that disrespect it get shocks. Ah yes they will come out with excuses that we want to try out the youngsters when they lose.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

merse btpir wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 11:37 Of course he's wrong; he's more concerned with throwing abuse than being objective...just ignore him
Of course I'm right Merse - unlike you I deal in FACTS and objectivity not subjective ego parades. Looking forward to your expert summary of today's game - which director's box will you be in?
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

arcadia wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 12:09 There are a few people on the forum who have no respect for the F.A.Trophy competition well that's the same attitude that loses all games and it starts at the top.(You have to accept you are where you are)
This is how the F.A. Cup is treated by our foreign Premier League and the teams that disrespect it get shocks. Ah yes they will come out with excuses that we want to try out the youngsters when they lose.
Any Cup competition should be worth winning from a fan's point of view because it is an achievement by the club. However, with so much emphasis on finances from the Premier League down it is understandable why club managements are so jealous of protecting their existing League status. I personally don't really care which division of which league Torquay are in if I enjoy the football that they are playing although there is added excitement from crucial promotion/relegation games but others will have different viewpoints which are equally valid.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 12:19 Any Cup competition should be worth winning from a fan's point of view because it is an achievement by the club. However, with so much emphasis on finances from the Premier League down it is understandable why club managements are so jealous of protecting their existing League status.[highlight=yellow] I personally don't really care which division of which league Torquay are in if I enjoy the football that they are playing[/highlight] although there is added excitement from crucial promotion/relegation games but others will have different viewpoints which are equally valid.
I'm glad that's your personal opinion.
....as I'm sure like myself, 99.9% of the supporters don't want us in the National League South.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

At the end of the day this is a football club and as such a football club is in existence to brig pleasure to it's supporters through playing football matches and attempting to win as big a percentage of them as possible ~ including progressing as far as possible in any national cup competition it enters.

I shall be at a football match very soon ~ Haringey Borough v Hertford Town ~ Haringey are at home to Leyton Orient in a couple of weeks time and I know there will be no-one in the Orient camp using accountancy as an excuse for getting beaten and embarrassed if they lose.

Likewise Haringey are resisting the temptation (with Orient's agreement) to raise prices for this all ticket game above their normal £7 and £3 concession ~ U16s free; in the greater interest of making new supporters rather than just one for a day as they are sure to see an increase in their average 157 turn up for what should be a great day.

Finally; in this increasingly tiresome argument with a baboon who's primary aim in posting seems to be to irritate and annoy; neither the former manager ~ who's quotes I have put there for all to see ~ nor anyone at the Torquay United club either foresaw nor happily accepted getting beaten at Bognor that day; of foregoing the £8,000 prize money which was a lot more than the differential between using cars and a mini bus over a coach, and the opportunity to progress further.

If you ask me; I suspect that Torquay United bogged up in that they failed to realise that they could claim for both coach and hotel. Now let's stop pretending that they were 'concentrating on the league' that afternoon and have some humility and accept that they were beaten by a better side on the day.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench

merse btpir wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 13:20 At the end of the day this is a football club and as such a football club is in existence to brig pleasure to it's supporters through playing football matches and attempting to win as big a percentage of them as possible ~ including progressing as far as possible in any national cup competition it enters.

I shall be at a football match very soon ~ Haringey Borough v Hertford Town ~ Haringey are at home to Leyton Orient in a couple of weeks time and I know there will be no-one in the Orient camp using accountancy as an excuse for getting beaten and embarrassed if they lose.

Likewise Haringey are resisting the temptation (with Orient's agreement) to raise prices for this all ticket game above their normal £7 and £3 concession ~ U16s free; in the greater interest of making new supporters rather than just one for a day as they are sure to see an increase in their average 157 turn up for what should be a great day.

Finally; in this increasingly tiresome argument with a baboon who's primary aim in posting seems to be to irritate and annoy; neither the former manager ~ who's quotes I have put there for all to see ~ nor anyone at the Torquay United club either foresaw nor happily accepted getting beaten at Bognor that day; of foregoing the £8,000 prize money which was a lot more than the differential between using cars and a mini bus over a coach, and the opportunity to progress further.

If you ask me; I suspect that Torquay United bogged up in that they failed to realise that they could claim for both coach and hotel. Now let's stop pretending that they were 'concentrating on the league' that afternoon and have some humility and accept that they were beaten by a better side on the day.
But Merse - or should I now refer to you as Dr. Dolittle as you intimate that can talk to the animals - you have indicated in previous posts that you were impervious to irritation. I would guess that baboons are more intelligent than you are but that is only from interpretation of the meaningless meanderingsof your poorly constructed posts. I doubt that many people ask you anything because it is obvious that you do not understand anything that is explained to you even in a manner that a three year old would comprehend but that does not stop you from forcibly foisting your opinions upon everybody else.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I think I pointed that out about two pages ago.
TUST number 080
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 12:39 I'm glad that's your personal opinion.
....as I'm sure like myself, 99.9% of the supporters don't want us in the National League South.
I'm one the 99.9% then. I care very much about what league we are in. The aim must be to get back into the football league however we do it. I'm not happy playing good football and losing. Happier than playing bad football and losing ; yes. But wins is what we want
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Love these little disagreements and hopefully minor fall outs. Ive been in a few, and rarely agree with some on here, too pompous for me. But oddly I agree with some of Merses post.

This I agree with

"At the end of the day this is a football club and as such a football club is in existence to bring pleasure to it's supporters through playing football matches and attempting to win as big a percentage of them as possible ~ including progressing as far as possible in any national cup competition it enters."

Funny thing, I don't think anyone gives much of a f*ck anyway lol
TUST MEMBER
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Neal wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 15:22 Love these little disagreements and hopefully minor fall outs. Ive been in a few, and rarely agree with some on here, too pompous for me. But oddly I agree with some of Merses post.

This I agree with

"At the end of the day this is a football club and as such a football club is in existence to bring pleasure to it's supporters through playing football matches and attempting to win as big a percentage of them as possible ~ including progressing as far as possible in any national cup competition it enters."

Funny thing, I don't think anyone gives much of a f*ck anyway lol
I agree with this also
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I'm concentrating on the lottery.....................but I'll still do my accummulator.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

To put this idea that the club 'need to concentrate on the league' to bed.........

The FA allows both clubs to agreed that the tie can be settled on the day, with extra time and a penalty shoot out if required rather than go to a replay.

As of yet, there is no indication from the football club whether or not this might be applied to the tie with Maidstone.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Bit of a hike in the prices this time, usually £10 entry for this game so with my maths O level, thats a 50% increase
Maybe it has to be agreed with Maidstone (expect Merse will tell us ) but considering what we have had to put
up with until the last two games! think its a bit steep, not sure if I will go now, and I never miss a home game