Offer of assistance

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lugmeister
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin
Favourite player: young

Offer of assistance

Post by lugmeister »

Have received an email from the Head Coach who is Geoff Harrop thanking me for my offer and explaining to me the vast improvement in performance of the team and the short time he had been manager,thus must decline my offer, To cover some of the negative post is firstly i believe fans should be kept upto speed on all thats happening at there football club they are the life blood of all football clubs. Secondly my offer of help was offered to the club and manager to assist in anyway that they saw fit in no way was i doing it to undermine the manager. I have been reasonably successful in my 40 yr as a coach player and manager and have had bad times as well M y offer still stands i wish too help they have my contact numbers i wish the club and manager all the best.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

'You' don't even know who the Head Coach is do you! :whistle:
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

lugmeister wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 09:09 Have received an email from the Head Coach who is Geoff Harrop thanking me for my offer and explaining to me the vast improvement in performance of the team and the short time he had been manager,thus must decline my offer, To cover some of the negative post is firstly i believe fans should be kept upto speed on all thats happening at there football club they are the life blood of all football clubs. Secondly my offer of help was offered to the club and manager to assist in anyway that they saw fit in no way was i doing it to undermine the manager. I have been reasonably successful in my 40 yr as a coach player and manager and have had bad times as well M y offer still stands i wish too help they have my contact numbers i wish the club and manager all the best.
You dont happen to know of a striker that will score 20+ goals, can hold the ball up, doesnt mind playing with very average and seemingly uninterested team mates that will play for peanuts do you luggy? That would be a great help.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

this is laughable...
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 09:19 'You' don't even know who the Head Coach is do you! :whistle:
That just about sums it up. Brucie, on the related thread, talked about this forum being the home of the gullible.
Fact is when things are not going well people tend to clutch at straws, as was seen when GI took over and there was all manner of rumours about alternative investors, some of whom were quite frankly ludicrous (eg the Chinese investors working through an accommodation address in a portacabin based in truro).
We are a unique club in a way. Manchester united waved goodbye to the legendary SAF and inevitably his successor was a hiding to nothing and inevitably lost the fan base. We waved goodbye to an incompetent and yet a significant proportion of our fan base are still prepared to delude themselves that he is better than any alternative.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Or did no worse with far less investment...............
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Not blessed with a great sense of humour are you 'array!
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Not blessed with a great sense of humour are you 'arry!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 09:19 'You' don't even know who the Head Coach is do you! :whistle:
He didn't seem to know who the media guy was on the first thread, mind you, nor do I. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Of course he knows Harrop ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com