HELP

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Louis wrote: 20 Nov 2017, 23:43
That’s the nature of the footballing business. If I was underperforming I’d appreciate any help that kept me my job and the company I work for in business.
The thing is many people regard seeking/accepting help as an admission that they are out of their depth. Steve Perryman used to help out at Exeter city and if my non-functioning brain serves me correctly none of the managers he helped out lasted that long.
The way this has been publicised, assuming it is genuine, can only be seen to further undermine the manager because it is frankly disrespectful. In effect Sturruck is saying to Owers in public "I can do your job better than you can".
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 12:26 The thing is many people regard seeking/accepting help as an admission that they are out of their depth. Steve Perryman used to help out at Exeter city and if my non-functioning brain serves me correctly none of the managers he helped out lasted that long.
The way this has been publicised, assuming it is genuine, can only be seen to further undermine the manager because it is frankly disrespectful. In effect Sturruck is saying to Owers in public "I can do your job better than you can".
VERY VERY :goodpost:
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 12:26 In effect Sturruck is saying to Owers in public "I can do your job better than you can".
But of course for almost two years now he cannot get a job of his own in football management!

The last time he was at Plainmoor he departed just four days later, after being appointed manager of Yeovil Town on 9th April 2015, with the club all but relegated. Following a poor start to the following season, Yeovil announced on 1st December 2015 that they had parted company with him; he had lasted just eight months. So what exactly are his achievements of late and exactly what is his standing with the game's employers these days?
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

I read this totally different. If these posts are genuinely from Paul Sturrock i think he just wants to help. For heavens sake just invite him to training , have a brew with him, talk to him. Its so narrow minded just to dismiss his offer to help.
How can you question his achievements of late, he's managed at the top level, he has a wealth of experience in the game regardless of not being employed within the last 2 years.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 13:58 But of course for almost two years now he cannot get a job of his own in football management!

The last time he was at Plainmoor he departed just four days later, after being appointed manager of Yeovil Town on 9th April 2015, with the club all but relegated. Following a poor start to the following season, Yeovil announced on 1st December 2015 that they had parted company with him; he had lasted just eight months. So what exactly are his achievements of late and exactly what is his standing with the game's employers these days?

He didn't fail at FGR, Bath and now Torquay though, did he?
SBP wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 14:35 I read this totally different. If these posts are genuinely from Paul Sturrock i think he just wants to help. For heavens sake just invite him to training , have a brew with him, talk to him. Its so narrow minded just to dismiss his offer to help.
How can you question his achievements of late, he's managed at the top level, he has a wealth of experience in the game regardless of not being employed within the last 2 years.

Genuine offer from someone who is seriously upset to see us where we are currently.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

merse btpir wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 13:58 But of course for almost two years now he cannot get a job of his own in football management!

So Paul Sturrock was manager of Yeovil until December 2015 and Geoff Harop was Academy Manager at Yeovil from summer 2015. Am I i missing something ? Surely they know each other reasonably well?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Jack wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 15:22 So Paul Sturrock was manager of Yeovil until December 2015 and Geoff Harop was Academy Manager at Yeovil from summer 2015. Am I i missing something ? Surely they know each other reasonably well?

Good spot. Seems odd then to air this in public if they know each other reasonabley well. I assume the academy manager and the 1st team manager at a club even for short period would so.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Southampton Gull wrote: 21 Nov 2017, 15:05

Genuine offer from someone who is seriously upset to see us where we are currently.
No doubt it is a genuine offer and he could well have some useful advice/contacts for Owers to use. However, he should just have contacted the club/Owers with his offer. To also post it on a fans forum is an error in judgment I would say, could be seen as an attempt to get the fans to pressurize the club into accepting his offer (not suggesting this was necessarily his intention, just how it could be perceived by the club/Owers).