Talking Truro

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Talking Truro

Post by Dazza »

Let's face facts we are being out gunned by Truro... Look at where they stand and where we fall.

They may be a further ?80 miles even more peripheral , have only 300 fans and want to share our ground to achieve a required standard but let's face it they are Mastering it. For one I wouldn't object to watching them at Plainmoor. They seem to be doing something right while we just seem to have a doom wish...
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Dazza wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 20:07 Let's face facts we are being out gunned by Truro... Look at where they stand and where we fall.

They may be a further ?80 miles even more peripheral , have only 300 fans and want to share our ground to achieve a required standard but let's face it they are Mastering it. For one I wouldn't object to watching them at Plainmoor. They seem to be doing something right while we just seem to have a doom wish...

Mastering it. ? Now that is interesting
Lucy
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Now there's a depressing thought. Truro take our place in the Conference and their first home game is played in of all places - Plainmoor. Whilst our motley crew of a "not rubbish now" side are shuttled by mini-bus up to Weston-Super-Mare to play in front of the 250 die hard Weston Supporters.

We are at least safe in the acknowledgement that our travelling supporter will be provided with all the modern amenities in Weston's South Stand.

Welcome to the world of national league south!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I think the real reason we are in this situation is that the current owner(s) really have no idea how to run a football club. This uncertainty inevitably transmits itself to the management team and hence the players who seem to have lost belief in themselves. Gary Owers has said that there needs to be a bit more 'devil' around the place, and I'm sure he didn't mean just the players. It must be like a ghost town in and around the Plainmoor offices with an owner who takes little interest in the club, ans a non-existent board to keep an eye on things. I know that merse feels we should be careful what we wish for in this respect but having more people around the place definitely creates more of a 'buzz'. I repeat my assertion from last week that we are sleepwalking towards relegation - and yes, Truro are quite likely to swap places with us. They are a properly-run football club with a hands-on owner and an active board, which in turn has created a fantastic team spirit. Good luck to them I say!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I do say be careful of what you (we) wish for but I also agree that the whole environment of the club has lurched from farcical disarray under Bristow; dangerous naivety thanks to the manipulation of the Phillips board by Dean Edwards resulting in an extremely unfair dumping of responsibility on them through his departure, to the now disturbingly shadowy ownership.

Even this week BTPIR has been reporting the transfer of controlling shares between Gaming International to solely Clarke Osborne; yet when Osborne came in it was under the pretence of only him being the sole shareholder in Riviera Stadium Ltd and no-one else.....so why now the latest shenanigans?

Only two days ago it was reported that according to a cessation notice lodged at Companies House on 2nd November 2017. Gaming International no longer has significant control over Riviera Stadium Limited. There's a notification received the same day that Clarke Anthony Osborne now has significant control of Riviera Stadium Limited. That means the person named directly, or indirectly, holds 75% of the company's shares.
http://thelondonmafia.proboards.com/thr ... ium?page=9

With so much shadowy activity going on in the background it is as if there is little or no interest being shown in the progress of the club as the season unwinds; and for all we know the owner of Truro City might yet be involved in all of this......that's why I say 'be careful of what you (we) wish'
Last edited by merse btpir on 18 Nov 2017, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I keep saying 'look to for Masters'. He's definitely somewhere in the background.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 23:22 for all we know the owner of Truro City might yet be involved in all of this
TruroQuay FC - has quite a nice ring to it.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Nah ...AFC TORTRO
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

budegull1954 wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 21:57 I think the real reason we are in this situation is that the current owner(s) really have no idea how to run a football club. This uncertainty inevitably transmits itself to the management team and hence the players who seem to have lost belief in themselves. Gary Owers has said that there needs to be a bit more 'devil' around the place, and I'm sure he didn't mean just the players. It must be like a ghost town in and around the Plainmoor offices with an owner who takes little interest in the club, ans a non-existent board to keep an eye on things. I know that merse feels we should be careful what we wish for in this respect but having more people around the place definitely creates more of a 'buzz'. I repeat my assertion from last week that we are sleepwalking towards relegation - and yes, Truro are quite likely to swap places with us. They are a properly-run football club with a hands-on owner and an active board, which in turn has created a fantastic team spirit. Good luck to them I say!
You might be right, but we have had a merry go round of players coming in and leaving over many years now (different managers, different owners), AND THEY ALL SEEM TO GET AFFECTED BY THE PLAINMOOR DOLDRUMS. SOMETHING IS VERY BADLY WRONG!
TUST MEMBER