Boycott

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Boycott

Post by Teigngull »

The first time in a very long time yesterday, I abandoned plainmoor & pitched up at Buckland athletic to watch a very entertaining fa vase game (1-2) v Bradford town, from now on my allegiance is with Buckland I'm afraid , well, until something positive happens at plainmoor e.g. CO & co sod off.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Looking at the score, it seems that Buckland managed to lose at home as well. So no change there then. I had thought of watching Bude Town instead of traipsing the75 miles to Plainmoor to see yet another dismal performance. But Bude have managed to lose 11-1 and 7-5 in successive games, and are rock-bottom of the SW Peninsula league East with one point. Hmmm, maybe I'll stick to Plainmoor instead!
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

I just cannot feed my well earned cash into Osbourne's pocket any more, nothing makes me sicker than watching my be!oved club go down the pan.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Teigngull I live in Teignmouth but I feel it is wrong to desert what seems a sinking ship when there is still some hope.

If I can use an analogy " you discover who are your true friends when you are most in need".

Look at it this way if we all gave up then we would go down.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Exactly what does a 'boycott' achieve and when does simply getting pissed off and not fancying it this weekend become a boycott?

I reckon a boycott is stupid in that it achieves nothing and would only be a genuine boycott if the people doing it genuinely wanted to go but do not for some ethical reason. Deciding not to go because doing so is making you miserable this season is understandable but stop being a Prima Donna and trying to kid yourself the club will miss you.

Failure to win on a Saturday all season long and the gates will go down; it's not rocket science, but neither does that constitute a boycott.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Teigngull wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 14:36 The first time in a very long time yesterday, I abandoned plainmoor & pitched up at Buckland athletic to watch a very entertaining fa vase game (1-2) v Bradford town, from now on my allegiance is with Buckland I'm afraid , well, until something positive happens at plainmoor e.g. CO & co sod off.
It's nowhere near as good, I've been going there for a few years when Torquay are away. Saturday at Plainmoor was just missing the final part of the team but with Ried away from the flanks the fullbacks or wing backs are not under pressure anymore . Enjoy it at Buckland I will be there as well but only when United have not got a game.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

<r><QUOTE author="merse btpir" post_id="215565" time="1510512225" user_id="23969"><s>
merse btpir wrote: 12 Nov 2017, 18:43</s>
<B><s></s>Exactly what does a 'boycott' achieve and when does simply getting pissed off and not fancying it this weekend become a boycott?<e></e></B><br/>
<br/>
I reckon a boycott is stupid in that it achieves nothing and <B><s></s><I><s></s>would only be a genuine boycott if the people doing it genuinely wanted to go but do not for some ethical reason.<e></e></I><e></e></B> Deciding not to go because doing so is making you miserable this season is understandable but stop being a Prima Donna and trying to kid yourself the club will miss you.<br/>
<br/>
Failure to win on a Saturday all season long and the gates will go down; it's not rocket science, but neither does that constitute a boycott.
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

As in my case yet half the thicko's on here seem to think i've got a vendetta against Torquay United for some reason. <br/>
<br/>
I boycotted for an ethical reason personal to me yet i'm not wanted on here but anyone else can boycott and come back again if they want to when the footy is good, it's fine. Simply because my point of view isn't typical to 99.9% of general football fans then i can't be Torquay fan and can't be deeply affected by my loss of being able to support the club that i did so passionately up to a few years ago. Because of having neurological differences in the way i think compared to the way in which most others think due to struggling through the last 20 years with a high functioning form of autism and not really understanding why then i'm an arsehole.

Some of you make me puke to be fair.Your ignorance and hypocrisy is mind blowing. Not pin pointing you personally merse just that some fans mock and get narky with others because they don't understand anothers view purely because they don't even try to.

I say boycott if you feel like it teigngull and don't let anyone put you off doing what you think is right for you and the right thing for you to do. Torquay fans make out that by standing together they can be a stronger unit yet the disharmony and lack of empathy and compassion for each other on here most of the time makes a mockery of that big time. Torquay fans will never be united because they're too busy bickering and bullying for that to ever be a reality. </r>
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Good god, I've been registered on this forum for less than half a day, and I'm already a 'prima Donna' in this chap Merse's eyes , hells bells , I aint got a problem with debate or anything but because I've expressed my wish to disassociate myself from a club that's not only dying from an internal cancer and syphons off cash from its supporters entrance fees and invests just to keep it ticking over until the council wants to dispose of the site & most of all it's making me effing miserable & apparently awful to live with at weekends !, I can take supporting a losing side ,Christ, we've done enough of that over the recent past. But Prima Donna ? As they say sticks & stones .......
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Seeing yourself as leading a 'boycott' when it's just you deciding to stop going ~ or more accurately just missed the last game is it? ~ yes; that's putting you deciding to go elsewhere and watch football this weekend in an unnecessary (and maybe temperamental) position of a person with an inflated view of their own importance laying claim to being something that they're not........you didn't go yesterday; big deal! Expect to be ridiculed for your pontificating.

I miss plenty of games; that's not a boycott it's because I live a long way away from the ground which even though I have for over half my life I used to attend just about every home and away game but circumstances and finances change; it's not boycotting.

If I opt to go and watch one of my son's play rather than go to a United game in the vicinity of where I live , that's not boycotting it's freedom of choice.

Stop being so tetchy if you want to put in print that you decided to go elsewhere and enjoy your football; and serious as the prospect of the club being in the hands of people who do close sporting venues and seek to develop them; I very much doubt that the meagre income from sub-fifteen hundred gates is being 'syphoned off' to any degree at all; more likely there is a subsidising of the continuance of professional football in the town beyond most reasonable people's expectations.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Starting a thread saying "Boycott" is just ridiculous. I've only been once this season because I prefer watching my sons play.

However if Torquay had been home last week I would have gone because I didn't have any football to watch.

If you live near Torquay and would prefer to watch Buckland then good for you (although personally I can't see the point) - just get on with it but stop boring us by telling us about it.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Teigngull »

Who the hell said I was leading a boycott or am trying to drum up a boycott ? all I expressed was my decision to boycott the game yesterday & because I wish to keep my football supporting local I decided to pitch up at Buckland Athletic whilst the wife went shopping in newton & it was an enjoyable experience for us both .
Ok I may have chosen the wrong title for the topic but honestly Mr Merse you are far too aggressive in your opinion's, other people are entitled to their posts, if you disagree , fair enough, please keep your personal derogatory spite filled comments to yourself. Or is it because I'm new to this forum thing & you feel you can ride rough shod over me ? Just asking ?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

It's because you can't take a robust response; don't be 'ridden roughshod over' stand up for yourself and justify yourself.

You opened the thread and titled it 'Boycott' did you not ~ what did you expect?
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I think they should leave you alone Teigngull. Just ignore them both. They are just old grizzlers ! Post as you want - at least you seem to care about things.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

He would appreciate a fair and reasonable response not like the bullying one in which you replied with. Not all of us are amazingly self assured assertive people who are 'manly' enough to bully. We are all different.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Think people entitled to post whatever they want. Also they should take on good heed any response and respond accordingly if so wish. I would say missing a game isn't a boycott , it's just missing a game because you feel pissed off. I can't understand why. It's a personal choice.