Torquay United v Maidstone United 11/11/17

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 20:56 Higgins unavailable tomorrow due to family issue in Liverpool? What is that about. Bereavement is accepted, but "issue" when his professional club needs him is quite odd, borderline disappointing
If you were meant to know you would be told; unless you know then your comment is invalid ~ it's private!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 20:56 Higgins unavailable tomorrow due to family issue in Liverpool? What is that about. Bereavement is accepted, but "issue" when his professional club needs him is quite odd, borderline disappointing
Hmmm ...... in view of Owers lightly veiled criticism of Ryan after the Hartlepool match and the arrival of a possible replacement right back, I suspect this could be a bit of a smokescreen and that he is about to be loaned out somewhere. It may well be that he has not settled down 'ere in Deb'n. Time will tell ......
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

merse btpir wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 22:18 If you were meant to know you would be told; unless you know then your comment is invalid ~ it's private!
Invalid? Ok Merse sorry to ask the question. With that in mind I will ring in sick on my 12 hour shift tomorrow knowing that it’s a private reason. I’m sure my operation manager won’t s this as a reason
Lucy
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 23:16 Invalid? Ok Merse sorry to ask the question. With that in mind I will ring in sick on my 12 hour shift tomorrow knowing that it’s a private reason. I’m sure my operation manager won’t s this as a reason
What the **** are you on about? Using your example, yes, you would have to tell your boss what was going on, but you wouldn’t expect him/her to then tell the rest of the members of your team, or colleagues what is going on, they would simply say it was due to a family issue.
Same here. I am sure that those in the club that need to know, do so, the rest of us will simply have to accept that whatever it is, he has decided that he needs to go back home to sort it out.

Jeez, I really don’t understand some people nowadays. People want to know every other persons business.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Not too much of an issue as i imagine Jazzi Barnum Bobb will come in
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Yes 'issue' you know the 'issue' that can pop up from time to time and mean you need to take time off work. Oh... so the only excuse is bereavement? What if his Mother took a fall and has ended up on life support in hospital.

I imagine you have never taken a minute off from work because of an 'issue'.

Your post is the only thing that is 'borderline disappointing'
Last edited by arrywithanh on 11 Nov 2017, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 02:06 Not too much of an issue as i imagine Jazzi Barnum Bobb will come in
I think it was Hanson, um bobb... and so on... :)
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 00:53
Jeez, I really don’t understand some people nowadays. People want to know every other persons business.
Agree. I blame social media and particularly Twatter Scott! ;-)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

A must win game in my opinion.Maidstone are lying 5th in the table and away from home have won 5 and lost 3 conceding just 9 goals in 8 games.

So important to score first. We have reached a point were we really have to start winning at home and lets hope we can prove today that we are good enough. No excuses.

I have a feeling that this will either be a tight 1-0 win for United McQuoid to score or a bit of a thriller with United winning 3-2. Cannot make up my mind. We must get behind the team and hope that we get a bit of luck for a change.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Starting XI: Dorel (GK), Barnum-Bobb, Efete, Gowling (C), McGinty, Davis, Dowling, Young, Evans, McQuoid, Reid.
Subs: Clarke (GK), Lathrope, Keating, Klukowski, Myrie-Williams.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

HT 0-1 Maidstone

Average free kick for the goal over our 2 foot wall

Reid wasted a couple of chances

Poor half
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

OWERS - THE ANSWER ISN’T IN THE BUILDING!!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Probably Nicholson's fault, blame it on him
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

IanGull01 wrote: 11 Nov 2017, 17:03 OWERS - THE ANSWER ISN’T IN THE BUILDING!!
The answer is not and never was OWERS !!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Buzzing on here today. Another tepid loss. Sort it out Owers yes or give some of your wages towards fans ticket costs. Failing that just piss off along with CO and his cronies. You're absolutely useless and although it was a tough job that you came into, your record since taking over has been worse than even could have been expected had Nico been in charge.

In reality the real issue is the month long plus delay by CO in getting in a new manager followed by getting in a manager who was cheap and not big enough for the job. Can't blame Owers for taking the job but it's not working to be polite. CO has screwed him over with no funds but he still agreed to take the job and convinced everyone that he was the answer. The last time that happened, the club were relegated from the FL under half wit Hargreaves.

This league is **** abysmal. How hard can it be to get a squad of players to win more than one game against a load of knackered part timers. Ridiculous!