Striker

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Yorkieandy wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 10:04 Ryan Brunt from Exeter. Said it before. Surely something can be sorted with both clubs as a bit of goodwill and on a short term loan until the end of the season. He's in the area already and doesn't get a look in at Exeter.

Has Owers ever even heard of the lad?

It's a no brainer for me and i'm sure something can be done to get him down to Plainmoor for 4 months. He's made 1 appearance for the Greeks. He's a big lad, physical, holds it up, brings others in, a real handful at set pieces and scores now and again. Does Owers even speak with managers of other local clubs to build links?
Andy - we’ve covered this before. Brunt hasn’t played a minute of football since August, and if you read the most recent interview with him (albeit from back in September) talks about Exeter letting him take his time with his rehab from a serious knee injury.

No football in 5 months suggests there is a bigger story than just not getting a look in. I dare say that the scenario is nowhere near as simple as you are making out.

(Would love to be proved wrong though as Brunt would fit the bill perfectly)
Pezzagull1

Post by Pezzagull1 »

I have very rarely posted on any fansites over the years, although I regularly read them.I have supported United for 67 years, and although I have often felt strongly about the actions of many managers and players over the years, I always still dutifully turn up at Plainmoor for the next game!]
Last Sunday morning I woke up and saw the position much clearer than I have done for a long time.
These are the facts for me:-
(1) Yes we have made defensive blunders in many games this season costing a lot of goals. However if you could go back and reanalyse those results I believe that you would find it incredible the number of goal chances missed that have cost us points!
(2 )We do not have on our books one striker that is worth his salt (possible exception of poor Alex Fletcher if he had a half decent holdup partner). James Gray looked like he could have been a decent goalscorer. Jamie Reid in my opinion is one of the worst forwards ever employed at our club.
(3) This is the entertainment business! If you went to a theatre and saw a poor lead performer or went to see a film with ham acting then you would not go again( ie it is "not fit for purpose")
(4) My decision therefore is not to go to another Torquay match until we sign two proper goalscoring forwards (ie "fit for purpose")
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Wellll Pezzagull1.
You are undoubtedly about to save yourself an absolute fortune my friend because as long you have the current incumbents in charge you'll only see strikers who couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.
Oh well just think what you could do with the money.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

deathly silence on the club twitter/.com until mid afternoon today when of course we are reminded about the restaurant

No sign of that target man/ aggressive midfielder
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

It does seem a ridiculous thing to be thinking let alone doing but you really do start to think it's quite deliberate.

Last year Nicholson at the transfer deadline appeared to be denied a big front man unless he was prepared to agree to varying his own redundancy terms. This year yet again we are denied or delayed - excuse the pun- the strikingly obvious. All who saw the weekend match could very obviously see where the team was lacking and knew what the consequences would be. It's an insult to one and every supporter.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jeff wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 11:56 Andy - we’ve covered this before. Brunt hasn’t played a minute of football since August, and if you read the most recent interview with him (albeit from back in September) talks about Exeter letting him take his time with his rehab from a serious knee injury.

No football in 5 months suggests there is a bigger story than just not getting a look in. I dare say that the scenario is nowhere near as simple as you are making out.

(Would love to be proved wrong though as Brunt would fit the bill perfectly)
Yep you are probably right about Brunt Jeff. I thought he'd be ok by now but maybe there are other problems.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 20:57 deathly silence on the club twitter/.com until mid afternoon today when of course we are reminded about the restaurant

No sign of that target man/ aggressive midfielder
Terms have been agreed with a National League centre forward to sign in time for Saturday.Owers also resisting enquiries for two of our players-probably Young and McGinty.(Herald Express today)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Until he actually signs and we know who he is I wont raise my hopes
I see James Gray can only make the bench at York City, another Williams type lazy player
At least Barrow lost in the Trophy last night so the home game against them on Feb 3rd will go ahead
could be crucial , he said clutching at the last piece of the straw
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Has this already been discussed? Macclesfield Town have signed striker Nathan Blissett on loan from Plymouth.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well that about sums it up we get Fletcher and Macclesfield get Blissett you just couldn't make this up.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Not that much of a surprise really, Macclesfield are top of the league. If he does well there he could play in the football league for them next season. He ain't daft!
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

I'm pretty certain I know who this is ~ he's a better bet than Blissett ~ and he has been a loan player at Plainmoor in the past; in fact he made his Football League debut for us a young loanee and is no veteran now.

Currently out on loan from his parent club if I'm right, but then again I might be barking up the wrong tree.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

You are a tease.
NorfolkGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nicky Wroe

Post by NorfolkGull »

Yeah do tell please Merse
DB57