Talking Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

Rowland would be an interesting choice, and a potential good fit for this club in the future.

He's played for Bournemouth, so geography possibly wouldn't be a major issue for him, and he would be following in the footsteps of Frank O'Farrell, Malcolm Musgrove, Stuart Morgan and Leroy Rosenior in having also played for West Ham.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Hello all. Your comments on last week's episode make it in the the intro for this one!

Talking points include: Gowling's injury
Who to play RWB?
Who to partner Brett?
AND IS THE GREAT ESCAPE ON?!

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

As a side note, we're hoping to get TUST's chairman on next week, is there anything specific you'd like to ask him?

Thanks all! (The one who chuckles) :scarf:
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If Romaine is not eligible on Saturday I hope Owers does not fall into the trap of playing Ried as he should ask Williams who he'd like to partner him. :-D
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What a ridiculous post.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Agreed, absolutely pathetic.
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

This week's podcast is live and ready. We discuss all things from the defeat to Dagenham on the weekend, give our thoughts on the rumours linking Nicholson to Halifax as well as previewing tonight's match against Sutton.

coyy!

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

There was no game for us to review this weekend, so if you have any questions or subjects you'd like us to answer/discuss drop them down below! We're recording tomorrow morning. If there's anything on your mind, just say the word...
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Will Thea be doing the Conga when we go down again, does anyone know the way to East Thurrock or whether or not you need Foot & Mouth inoculations to go to Hereford?

Down amongst the dead men
Third gravestone on the left
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

Beats the view from Whitehawk's sh!thole!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

:~D :~D
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Hats off to East Thurrock I say. Conceived in a pub by a group of lads from a Social Sunday league team in Corringhamin 1969 they have worked their way up the ranks from the Southern Essex Combination League to the National League status. In order to be granted senior status they had to ground share at numerous grounds since 1973 eventually buying a piece of marshland and building their Rookery Ground, which opened in 1985. They earn promotion to the National League South in 2015–16. Whilst their current ground itself, is bit of an odd affair the club do have ambitious plans and are looking to relocate.

Quite an epic journey and one we may find ourselves in sooner rather than later. Lets just hope we can be as successful.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

In no way am I disrespecting East Thurrock FC ~ I have every respect and admiration for them ~ I was asking if anyone even knew where they play and how to get there....especially by public transport.

Stanford-le-Hope Railway Station is the closest to their Rookery Hill ground which is in the village of Coringham around two miles away. It is served by trains from London Fenchurch Street and Southend Central. On Saturday afternoons there is a half hourly service and the journey time from London Fenchurch Street to Stanford-le-hope is 49 minutes.

It's a bloody long walk to the ground from the station, so either take a taxi or there is a bus service operated by First Group which runs from the station to the centre of Corringham (at the top of Church Road, ask the driver to be dropped off at Corringham Social Club) which is about a five minute walk away from Rookery Hill. The 100 Bus which has a destination of Chelmsford and runs every 15 minutes on Saturday afternoons, takes about ten minutes to reach near to the ground from the station; and that I would suggest is the best way to go!

A highly unique sort of ground and typical of the quirky sort of venues that will make up much of the away day experience next season and I think this prospect would make a good talking point tomorrow guys!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I think I have said this before, but NLS teams and supporters will view Plainmoor as the Bernabéu Stadium in this league.

Someone commented on Whitehawk's ground. On the plus side there are no Stands to obstruct the views of the South Downs.

At least Owers will feel more at home in this environment, no fans to shout at him in his dugout, plus Osborne can forget about a new stadium there is just no need for one in the regions where we are heading.

Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

The gap between the National North and South seems quite wide. The 'names' in the North seem a lot better known to the average fan and the spectator base seems much stronger in the North as well.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by United62 »

That's quite an old photo of Whitehawk's Enclosed Ground, in the past couple of years they've installed some very cheap looking seats (behind the goal on the far side of the picture) and if you want to park there.... good luck! .... the entrance is up a very narrow dirt track and the last time I had the pleasure of visiting the ground, I had to park virtually in the hedge (I suppose the tractors have to get through somehow!)
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''