Talking Torquay

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

This week's podcast is now live and ready for your ears. A lot to talk about this week, ranging from the Bromley defeat to official statements released by the club and the possibility of relegation. It would be really interesting to hear from all of you. Do you agree with our thoughts? We're keen to hear from everyone on their opinions of the current state of the club.

Until next week, coyy!

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

You guys have really got to do something about that girly gushing & giggling from Stephen ...it's getting on my tits!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Normally that wouldn’t be a problem, but Merse has massive tits ;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Yeah; they come and stay the night occasionally! :devil:
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

merse btpir wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 17:44 You guys have really got to do something about that girly gushing & giggling from Stephen ...it's getting on my tits!
Always nice to meet a fan... :~D
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Episode 24 is live with lots to discuss this week. We look back on Saturday's draw away to Macclesfield, surely that has to be considered as a good result? There's plenty of transfer talk with players coming and going this week and we do the maths over a potential points target to stay in the division, as well as casting an eye to this weekend's game against Barrow. Enjoy!

Coyy.

merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Now that's a whole lot better Stephen; cut out the giggling and you're on the way to becoming a competent broadcaster ~ but do your homework....Paul Cox is NOT the manager of Barrow (he resigned on 24h August) Ady Pennock is.

Cox buggered off to Guiseley ages ago, I bet even Clarke Osborne knows that!
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

merse btpir wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 14:09 Now that's a whole lot better Stephen; cut out the giggling and you're on the way to becoming a competent broadcaster ~ but do your homework....Paul Cox is NOT the manager of Barrow (he resigned on 24h August) Ady Pennock is.

Cox buggered off to Guiseley ages ago, I bet even Clarke Osborne knows that!
Of course he is, that's an error on our part. Apologies.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Mickey Moore replaced Cox in August; he only lasted 11 games until October and then Neil Hornby took the reins for just one match before Pennock was appointed.
ryan-ttpod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ryan-ttpod »

Episode 25 of Talking Torquay is live!

In this week's episode, we look back at the dramatic victory against Barrow at the weekend that lifts us off the foot of the table. Plenty of talking points from the game and there's a look ahead to the trip to Maidenhead. You can listen on SoundCloud or on iTunes.

Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Top work lads, keep it up :-D
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

Goose9 wrote: 07 Feb 2018, 11:19 Top work lads, keep it up :-D
Very kind of you Goose! Any suggestions on what you'd like us to do more of?

(I'm still working on my laugh, Merse... :devil: )
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Another cheery and enthusiastic podcast which I would highly recommend.

However, after last week's clanger when you said that Paul Cox was Barrow's manager, I was surprised to hear your comment that you knew nothing about Maidenhead's manager, Alan Devonshire. Is that the former England international and FA Cup winner Alan Devonshire? Being born after Devonshire's success is a lame excuse because wikipedia is available, if you do your homework :)

Keep up the good work.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

midtable wrote: 08 Feb 2018, 00:44 Another cheery and enthusiastic podcast which I would highly recommend.

However, after last week's clanger when you said that Paul Cox was Barrow's manager, I was surprised to hear your comment that you knew nothing about Maidenhead's manager, Alan Devonshire. Is that the former England international and FA Cup winner Alan Devonshire? Being born after Devonshire's success is a lame excuse because wikipedia is available, if you do your homework :)

Keep up the good work.
I live in hope that Devonshire will manage us one day. One of the best outside the football league and deserves a chance at a bigger club if he wants it.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Absolutely agree with that and his erstwhile assistant at Braintree Town is a very good head coach too...........Keith Rowland at Wingate & Finchley is an excellent match manager, coaches a consistent shape and possession ethos into his side that is assembled on a very limited budget at a club with an average gate of less than 150 and has great contacts too.

It's a crime that he has to supplement his meagre football earnings as a postman in Brentwood whilst ignorant boardroom inhabitants gift full-time jobs to chancers with no experience or habitual sacking fodder who have proved to be not up to the job.

Keith played at he highest level with Northern Ireland, West Ham, QPR and Bournemouth and has done his assistant manager and managerial experience coaching at Aveley, then followed manager Rod Stringer to Braintree Town in May 2010 where he was first-team coach. After managerial contract negotiations failed, he left the club with Stringer in May 2011. In June 2011, Rowland returned to Braintree as Assistant Manager to Alan Devonshire and took the Wingate job in October 2015 leading them to the Isthmian League play-offs in is first season and now has them in place for a repeat his time round.

Either he or Devonshire; or as a pair would be an excellent choice at Torquay United.