James Gray Joins York on Permanent Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

James Gray Joins York on Permanent Contract

Post by Milner33 »

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Poor ****
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I think Gray will be another one of those who goes off and bags loads of goals for someone else.

He’ll also score against us next time he gets the opportunity

Best of luck to him
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Well he may well goal of the season for us ...that screamer against.....cant remember now was a beauty.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 12:03 Well he may well goal of the season for us ...that screamer against.....cant remember now was a beauty.
Woking.
Superb goal. He looked quite chuffed with it too.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Who is our 'top scorer' at present ? I guess it must be Jamie Reid. I thought there would be a list of scorers on the official TUFC site, but no. What a naff site it is now that it has been 'improved'. If you click on Results and Fixtures, all you get is forthcoming fixtures - no results ! Rubbish !
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tomogull wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 23:18 Who is our 'top scorer' at present ? I guess it must be Jamie Reid. I thought there would be a list of scorers on the official TUFC site, but no. What a naff site it is now that it has been 'improved'. If you click on Results and Fixtures, all you get is forthcoming fixtures - no results ! Rubbish !
Do you really wont to know the previous results ?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

tomogull wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 23:18 Who is our 'top scorer' at present ? I guess it must be Jamie Reid. I thought there would be a list of scorers on the official TUFC site, but no. What a naff site it is now that it has been 'improved'. If you click on Results and Fixtures, all you get is forthcoming fixtures - no results ! Rubbish !
http://www.torquayfanstats.com/season1718

The polite way to say it is that it's a close fought race...

www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I really do like torquayfansstats, even if can make dismissal reading.

'Assists' are a vital cog in winning games and one only needs think of masters of this in the Premier league to know what I mean e.g.

Kevin De Bruyne Man City. ...
Cesc Fàbregas Chelsea. ...
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Man Utd. ...
Alexis Sánchez Arsenal

Then you look at Torquay's 'Assists' and see our reserve goalkeeper Ryan Clarke (with 5 league appearances) sitting in the top ranking list. I hope our players are shown their stats and hold their head in shame. Harry Kane could kiss his goalscoring record goodbye if he was given the 'Assist' rate handed out by Torquay players.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Surely an assist requires a goal by definition, otherwise it is just another pass. I suspect Harry Kane would have converted many of the opportunities spurned this season.
TUST number 080
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Agree with last statement, however another angle is every touch you make should be in effect a goal assist. The aim is to get the ball into the back of the net so all 11 players actual ball play should be assisting with that aim.

However not always that simple , sometimes I guess your playing for time , maybe purely defensive play where row z will do.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I see that the much criticized Jamie Reid has 4 assists to go with his 3 goals. He's been involved in the same number of goals as the much praised Luke Young. Not too bad for someone who we are constantly told (by some) has "no end product". ;-)
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

The biggest stand out statistic for me is that we have used 27 players already - the reason we are
bottom of the league
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

desperado wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 12:57 The biggest stand out statistic for me is that we have used 27 players already - [highlight=yellow]the reason we are
bottom of the league[/highlight]
well, not quite... :}
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Gulliball wrote: 09 Nov 2017, 21:51 http://www.torquayfanstats.com/season1718

The polite way to say it is that it's a close fought race...

Thanks for that, Gulliball. Interesting stats - I haven't come across that site before. As you say, the 'top scorer' spot is a close fought race ...... :( Desperado is right. 27 players used (plus probably another one tomorrow) says it all - why we're struggling next to bottom of the league, only on goal difference.