GI put the club 'on the market'

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Evidence that Torquay United might yet be freed of the grip of Gaming International before long and yet, if you take this site as your barometer of all things TU; it's as if nothing has happened and it's waffle time for one and all!

One poster on BTPIR tonight says:
'I dare say if you ask a third to half the regular crowd at Plainmoor they wouldn't be able to tell you about the state in which Thea Bristow's regime left the club, the Dean Edwards shenanigans or about GI's past history. Partly this is due to the local media and their shocking silence, partly due to people not looking beyond their nose'

For he uninitiated; Gaming International have recently posted their latest accounts (y/e 31/12/16) at Companies House. The comment on page 21, of the entry says all:
“The Directors are in advanced negotiations to dispose of Riviera Stadium and it’s underlying investment in Torquay United AFC Ltd”.

The Toklon report states that the Torquay United holding is 'being held exclusively with a view to subsequent resale within one year of it's acquisition',which is slightly more information than the GI accounts. Make of that what you will, they're running out of time to achieve that but it does give a timeline. As a result the Riviera Stadiums figure aren't included in the accounts.

Another BTPIR contribution tonight makes the point:

'If I was being cynical, I'd suggest that they expected to get hold of the freehold in this year, potentially around this Summer if the Council hadn't been pressured by the fans, before selling on the club to any Tom, Dick or Harry. Thus moving themselves into the position as a landlord in the short term and in the long term giving them the leverage to push their stadium idea or evict the club if/when it ran into trouble in the future. The very fact that they have tried/are trying to sell the club after only 10 months of ownership shows that their loan to Phillips' regime was always a predatory action, designed to get hold of the land the club sits on and that they didn't want to own the club itself. They've never been in this for the long term, looking to develop the club and increase it's revenues. Even the most benign option of them using the club as an anchor tenant to fill out dates in a stadium owned by GI, generating GI profits looks unlikely given this. The actions taken Spring this year were so important and we may need to mobilise again in the near future.'

What everyone of you reading this needs to make yourself aware of is this; the ACTUAL ownership of Torquay United and their history of dealings with similar enterprises within the sporting portfolio........Bristol Rovers, Hereford United and Reading Speedway/Greyhounds. Torquay United is owned by Riviera Stadium which is owned by Gaming International which is owned by Toklon ~ TOKLON has just one shareholder; Clarke Osborne!
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 4/officers

Another contributor on there tonight makes the point:

'Secondly when I started to research the previous activities of Gaming International I was staggered at just how quickly a picture started to emerge. I wasn't doing anything special; just using the web to unearth - without any monetary cost to myself - what was out there. At first it was tempting to dismiss what happened with Bristol Rovers and Eastville as "ancient history". But, no, that was all part of a modus operandi involving the same cast. Clarke Osborne has been at it man and boy. '

Now please ~ with respect ~ there are far more important things happening in the world of our favourite football club right now worthy of debate more than players who make us smile/were crap etc; etc. Let's make sure that everyone is awake and smelling the coffee because you sure as hell won't be hearing about it from the likes of Dave Thomas and Guy Henderson. That I can promise you!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

So is it a definite confirmed yes then or not? You go on about people waffling then do it yourself Merse :na:

A simple yes or no would suffice.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Yorkieandy wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 20:48 So is it a definite confirmed yes then or not? You go on about people waffling then do it yourself Merse A simple yes or no would suffice.
Let me simplify it for you:
“The Directors are in advanced negotiations to dispose of Riviera Stadium and it’s underlying investment in Torquay United AFC Ltd”.

The Toklon report states that the Torquay United holding is 'being held exclusively with a view to subsequent resale within one year of it's acquisition',which is slightly more information than the GI accounts.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Thank you merse , amazing the information you unearth for us. Question this is year end for 2016. I know it's for Riviera Ltd but it's not referring to the previous regime as timeline is around then they were in charge. Why also the interview with Clark back in around march with no mention of this ...just playing devils...
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

A yes would have simpler mate. :}

Cheers anyway Merse. Exciting developments.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 20:54 Thank you merse , amazing the information you unearth for us.
Yep, even if I did post the exact same thing 2 and a half hours ago. ;-)
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Sorry jerry...yes excellent unearthing....
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 21:01 Sorry jerry...yes excellent unearthing....
Not my work, just copying over what posters on the other sites have found out . ;-)
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 20:54 Thank you merse , amazing the information you unearth for us. Question this is year end for 2016. I know it's for Riviera Ltd but it's not referring to the previous regime as timeline is around then they were in charge. Why also the interview with Clark back in around march with no mention of this ...just playing devils...
The report covers the period leading up to year end 2016, however the actual report is not put together until months after, primarily because it takes time and all the information needs to be collated. PLCs are meant to submit reports 6 months after their reporting year, private companies 9 months. Given Toklon reports on calendar years and it's ten months later, I'm guessing they got an extension of some sort for their submission. The reports were signed off by all involved on 30 June 2017 and the references must have been in date at this time, so it's highly likely that at some point in late Spring and Summer GI have been discussing the sale of the club. Who this was with and where this went, who knows? I can guarantee that Dave Thomas doesn't know for one. It's mildly surprising that something didn't leak but then again there's not many long term employees left at the club now, most are new.

It's amusing that Clarke Osborne thinks us fans are stupid enough not to check the company accounts for these kind of references, which totally undermine his public comments about being in the for the long haul and wanting to build a stadium.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SenorDingDong wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 22:01 The report covers the period leading up to year end 2016, however the actual report is not put together until months after, primarily because it takes time and all the information needs to be collated. PLCs are meant to submit reports 6 months after their reporting year, private companies 9 months. Given Toklon reports on calendar years and it's ten months later, I'm guessing they got an extension of some sort for their submission. The reports were signed off by all involved on 30 June 2017 and the references must have been in date at this time, so it's highly likely that at some point in late Spring and Summer GI have been discussing the sale of the club. Who this was with and where this went, who knows? I can guarantee that Dave Thomas doesn't know for one. It's mildly surprising that something didn't leak but then again there's not many long term employees left at the club now, most are new.

It's amusing that Clarke Osborne thinks us fans are stupid enough not to check the company accounts for these kind of references, which totally undermine his public comments about [highlight=yellow]being in the for the long haul and wanting to build a stadium.[/highlight]
hope you didn't believe all that b*llocks....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 22:05 hope you didn't believe all that b*llocks....
Of course I didn't. If you read my posts, I was one of the first people on this site to call out GI during their first attempted take over back when 80% of this site was wetting themselves in excitement about a new dawn for the club.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SenorDingDong wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 22:08 Of course I didn't. If you read my posts, [highlight=yellow]I was one of the first people on this site to call out GI [/highlight]during their first attempted take over back when 80% of this site was wetting themselves in excitement about a new dawn for the club.
no worries mate..... I thought you were.......
just checking! :)
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

SenorDingDong wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 22:08 Of course I didn't. If you read my posts, I was one of the first people on this site to call out GI during their first attempted take over back when 80% of this site was wetting themselves in excitement about a new dawn for the club.
I'll very proudly admit to being in that particular club too if i don't mind. Some fans thought GI should be given a bit of credit when Owers & Kuhl came in! :lol: Fecking idiots. :rofl:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Owers & Kuhl. How many games is it now? Seven and one win against exhausted part timers. :'(
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

They still havnt signed their contracts yet have they? Another Paul Cox moment incoming?