GI put the club 'on the market'

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Best get ready to put a call into Gianluca...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... -10-years/

Will be glad to see the back of GI!
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

CraigUnder wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 22:41 They still havnt signed their contracts yet have they? Another Paul Cox moment incoming?
God GI are good! No contract no compo then or have i got that wrong?
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 22:50 God GI are good! No contract no compo then or have i got that wrong?
Surely someone would have to have paid Bath something to release Owers from his contract?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Bristol_Gull wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 23:17 Surely someone would have to have paid Bath something to release Owers from his contract?
He had been in charge of Bath for about a year and half. Does anybody know how long the contract was that Bath gave Owers? I'd doubt it would be longer than 2 years meaning a lot less to pay to release him from his contract. I'm just guessing though as i don't know how these things work.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Even 'her indoors' is a loan shark

The Group has £490,000 borrowing from the spouse of Clarke Osbourne which remained outstanding at the end of the year. Interest of £59,000 (2015-£58,000) has been paid.

Loan repayment at an interest rate of 21.5%. Greed must run in the family.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

About time we heard from the club's chairman who hasn't been seen all season. If the club's for sale who the hell is going to buy it? What will this mean for the playing side?
We need TUST to get involved.
Somebody in authority needs to speak.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

According to HE Clarke Osborne's due to make a statement soon about "the internet rumours".
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Chris Rich says club is not about to be sold "as far as I know" - bit of a shady answer, why not say "no, definitely
not " this sort of answer will only increase the , well, more than rumours. Would anyone take as gospel anything
that came out of the mouth of Rich or Osborne ?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 14:27 According to HE Clarke Osborne's due to make a statement soon about "the internet rumours".
"the internet rumours". Since when does factual evidence from accounts held at Companies House, verified and signed off by reputable Chartered Accountants become 'internet rumours'. Not sure how the Osbourne is going to wriggle his way out of this one.

Don't hold your breathe on the HE statement, other than to say Osbourne has seen the light and listened to the voice's in is head which has lead him to be 'Born Again' as an avid Torquay United football fan.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Osborne speaks: "I'm not a quitter and the club is not being sold." There we have it straight but do we believe anything/everything we're told any more?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 16:26 Osborne speaks: "I'm not a quitter and the club is not being sold." There we have it straight but do we believe anything/everything we're told any more?
Well he has not told an untruth:

"I'm not a quitter" because he wants his money back 'tenfold' and "the club is not being sold" because no-one has come forward to buy it - yet!.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jesus. I really don't know why you put up with this crap.

Start your own club up and **** this numpty off once and for all. See if he can shift the club then when all the fans have shifted over to muck in with the new one. If he can't get the freehold then he'll be left with a white elephant worth nothing which is what he's given Torquay fans since his arrival.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 18 Oct 2017, 20:41 GI put the club 'on the market'

Let's make sure that everyone is awake and smelling the coffee because you sure as hell won't be hearing about it from the likes of Dave Thomas and Guy Henderson. That I can promise you![/size][/b]
Well Merse, your right on Thomas and Henderson. Just cannot believe these two defenders of GI can have such a nonsensical journalistic outlook to such a major news issue. 'Internet Rumour' indeed! Do these guy's take a wage for this apathetic display of journalism - if they do, there ought to be a law against it.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... not-651703
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

MellowYellow wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 17:49 Well Merse, your right on Thomas and Henderson. Just cannot believe these two defenders of GI can have such a nonsensical journalistic outlook to such a major news issue. 'Internet Rumour' indeed! Do these guy's take a wage for this apathetic display of journalism - if they do, there ought to be a law against it.

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... not-651703
They're scared of getting sued and/or being denied their position in the press area of Plainmoor and their free tickets. Utterly lacking in backbone, especially when simply reporting on GI's history is merely repeating facts and GI can't do anything about it...but they still refuse to do so.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 19 Oct 2017, 16:45 Jesus. I really don't know why you put up with this crap.

Start your own club up and **** this numpty off once and for all. See if he can shift the club then when all the fans have shifted over to muck in with the new one. If he can't get the freehold then he'll be left with a white elephant worth nothing which is what he's given Torquay fans since his arrival.
You really don't know why we stay with Torquay United.
TUST number 080