Jamie Reid (again, probably)

Discuss all the latest news at Plainmoor with fans.

MellowYellow
Team Captain
Team Captain
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Jamie Reid (again, probably)

Post by MellowYellow » 18 Oct 2017, 16:50

madgull wrote:
17 Oct 2017, 23:07
merse btpir wrote:
15 Oct 2017, 08:54
I see the potential in him...
I totally agree, he has that spark in him that teams long for, but - tellingly for the level he is at - he is incredibly frustrating to watch as he is a long way from the finished product. He reminds me of Theo Walcott; always seems to be in two minds about what he should do, he really needs to learn to just get the ball and say 'right, I'm gonna cut in and shoot' or 'I'm gonna beat him and cross'. We don't need him to be a miracle worker, just single-minded; look at players like Arjen Robben, you KNOW he is gonna cut inside and try to shoot or lay it off, he only really succeeds in a small number of attempts, but he gives the opposition a nightmare and pulls them out of position because he COMMITS to it.

I think he gets a lot of stick because he is in one of those positions that by nature are more likely to lose the ball; most positions can get away with playing the easy ball, but he will always stand out because he has to make the hard pass or the run. The right words in his ear and the right commitment to improving would get him a long way.
:goodpost:
KEEP THE FAITH!
TUFC