Wayne Thomas sacked.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Wayne Thomas sacked.

Post by wivelgull »

I'm sorry to have to report that one of our 90s stalwarts, Wayne Thomas, has been sacked by Rushall Olympic, who are at the very bottom of the Northern Premier League table. Wayne took over at the beginning of the season, but the results at Rushall have been mediocre to say the least. This was his first managerial post; I was looking forward to seeing him at the Turnbull Ground when Rushall visit Whitby, but that's not to be. As tomogull will know, there hasn't been much to enthuse over at Plainmoor since 1972, but watching Wayne Thomas develop (apart from shouts of "Distribootion, Wayne, distribootion!") was interesting. He signed on at the same time as the unforgettable Tony ("call me Anthony") Bedeau.
Magpiegull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Magpiegull »

Has now resumed his playing career with Worcester City
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

wivelgull, I forgot to comment on your very wise observation that our club has been in a long slow decline since 1972 in spite of a few bright spots now and again. Relegation in May 1972 felt like the end of an era that has never really been recaptured - most of the 1970's were a long boring slog with a pretty average standard of football and players, Steve Morrall, Steve Cooper and the Sandercocks excepted. Wayne Thomas has been one of our better players since those days - I wish him all the very best at Worcester