Fa Cup 4th qualifying round Aldershot v Torquay 14/10/17

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

McGinty is the biggest problem in defense IMO. Good full backs and Gowling solid (most games), McGinty gets the ball and EVERY time hits it long. Last weekend against Dover their CB must have headed the ball straight back about 20 times from McGinty's aimless distribution.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtop ... aaf1e268c3

Aldershot fans don't seem very confident
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

The rather hysterical and 'flouncy' "Oh Christ, he's having a go at Gowling now, I don't know whether to laugh or cry" is what drew my attention as if no-one can be identified as being at fault with something that goes wrong.

Gowling clearly was very poor in both of those goals conceded last week and I'm sure he would be the first to admit it. I agree he is a superior player to those who have preceded him in his position; a better footballer and retainer of the ball ~ something that the side has been crying out for over a prolonged period of time ~ but he is not infallible and neither is anyone else in that squad!

There are 635 more square yards of space on that huge Aldershot pitch than comparatively tiny Plainmoor on which the defence were so badly caught out last week ~ Aldershot: 117x75 yds set against Plainmoor's 110x74 so the sort of alarming gaps and spaces evident then will only be exasperated if they play in the same manner today and Aldershot certainly do play a brand of football that mamixises those wide open spaces as you and I both saw when we went there earlier in the season Dave!

On the other hand; can Owers and Kuhl get them to drop the ball into the spaces behind Aldershot's defence if they can turnover possession after they have played the ball out in their inimitable style?

Oh Merse - it is a shame that whilst you are talking out of your arse most of the time, you do not use the English language correctly to do so, as it enhances the impression that you do not know what you are talking about: it is very difficult to envisage "exasperated" gaps and spaces so perhaps you could enlighten us as to what they are, in the same dogmatic manner in which you comment on matches that you have not seen.
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Admiral wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 12:11 McGinty is the biggest problem in defense IMO. Good full backs and Gowling solid (most games), McGinty gets the ball and EVERY time hits it long. Last weekend against Dover their CB must have headed the ball straight back about 20 times from McGinty's aimless distribution.
:goodpost:
arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 12:38 The rather hysterical and 'flouncy' "Oh Christ, he's having a go at Gowling now, I don't know whether to laugh or cry" is what drew my attention as if no-one can be identified as being at fault with something that goes wrong.

Gowling clearly was very poor in both of those goals conceded last week and I'm sure he would be the first to admit it. I agree he is a superior player to those who have preceded him in his position; a better footballer and retainer of the ball ~ something that the side has been crying out for over a prolonged period of time ~ but he is not infallible and neither is anyone else in that squad!

There are 635 more square yards of space on that huge Aldershot pitch than comparatively tiny Plainmoor on which the defence were so badly caught out last week ~ Aldershot: 117x75 yds set against Plainmoor's 110x74 so the sort of alarming gaps and spaces evident then will only be exasperated if they play in the same manner today and Aldershot certainly do play a brand of football that mamixises those wide open spaces as you and I both saw when we went there earlier in the season Dave!

On the other hand; can Owers and Kuhl get them to drop the ball into the spaces behind Aldershot's defence if they can turnover possession after they have played the ball out in their inimitable style?

Oh Merse - it is a shame that whilst you are talking out of your arse most of the time, you do not use the English language correctly to do so, as it enhances the impression that you do not know what you are talking about: it is very difficult to envisage "exasperated" gaps and spaces so perhaps you could enlighten us as to what they are, in the same dogmatic manner in which you comment on matches that you have not seen.
Bless you...
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Team anyone?
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Dorel (GK), Higgins, Gowling (C), McGinty, Davis, Reid, Lathrope, Young, Evans, McQuoid, Murphy.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Anyone who has a link to radio commentary?
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

yes, via Torquay United Official Web Page
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

I have tried that but when I get to http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/41543502 I can't choose the Torquay game. Also tried BBC Radio Devon directly. It says programme not available due to contractual reasons or technical issues.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Admiral wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 12:24 http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtop ... aaf1e268c3

Aldershot fans don't seem very confident
Only a couple vied it as a banana skin. One Viewed it in Russian.Qw thinks. in all honesty, it could have been another attempt to reply to one of my posts on a Shakespearean Tragedy. or a Misplaced message intercepted from GCHQ. in Serbo Cro At. fried in the Provencal manner with fried egg and spam on top. I'm hoping for a draw then bring them back to Plainmoor for a reply. I can see us winning but at least we could get some money from an extra match. Yes, we need to concentrate on the league but we also need the money. Quid pro Quo. (the reinvention of Status Quo?)
As we talk about the match. who is Durrel. commos keep saying his name. Do they Mean Dorel, not Durrel.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

It works for me, sorry...
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Still 00
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Half Time 0 - 0

Shame half time has come, as playing well and just shaving it.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

That moment when the commentator doesn't realise that safe standing and terraces are completely different things. I weep.