Gowling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Let’s hope this conversation doesn’t degenerate into why Pompey fans are called Skates. That would cause offence to some😉😉
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I'll hand that one over to Southampton Dave to explain................. :lol:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I don't know whether this is true or not, but, out of all the players who started the season, Gowling has been the only one to show he's truly and fully committed to the cause. His reaction after the game showed he is still fully committed to the cause, and suggested this rumour is a load of old cockwobble.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Ottery gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Ottery gull »

Well Josh. If you really were thinking of jumping ship, hopefully, tonight will give you second thoughts. If we can thrash the in form team in the league we can beat anyone. Dover up next!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Hopefully this is the end of an Ill informed rumour

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football ... fer-578435
Lucy
Ray Johnstone
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Halstead

Post by Ray Johnstone »

According to my Grimsby supporting Godson Adam, TUFC defender Josh Gowling is set to join the Mariners on a season long loan.

Ray
SatNav
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by SatNav »

You really are a cretin Ray...
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 00:07 According to my Grimsby supporting Godson Adam, TUFC defender Josh Gowling is set to join the Mariners on a season long loan.

Ray
Season long loan you say, Ray. Which season is this then ? Do you mean 2018-19, because in case you haven't noticed we are already a quarter of the way through this one.

Perhaps Ray, you could educate your Godson Adam by pointing him in the direction of the FA rules and regulations - if you did, he would soon realise that "season" long loans, have to have been registered by the end of the summer transfer window i.e 31st August 2017. So, with the best will in the world mate, your godson is talking out of his arse!

By the way, any more news on Matt Rhead signing for us ....... no, I didn't think so! :lol:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 18:31 Let’s hope this conversation doesn’t degenerate into why Pompey fans are called Skates. That would cause offence to some😉😉
Seeing that the skate insult applies to sailors in general, its a wonder nobody thought to apply it to argyle fans.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Ray Johnstone wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 00:07 According to my Grimsby supporting Godson Adam, TUFC defender Josh Gowling is set to join the Mariners on a season long loan.

Ray
does he "currently" reside in Doncaster?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

SatNav wrote: 05 Oct 2017, 07:37 You really are a cretin Ray...
:rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

arrywithanh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: argreaveswithanh

Post by arrywithanh »

forevertufc wrote: 03 Oct 2017, 22:53 I don't know whether this is true or not, but, out of all the players who started the season, Gowling has been the only one to show he's truly and fully committed to the cause. His reaction after the game showed he is still fully committed to the cause, and suggested this rumour is a load of old cockwobble.
Yep that committed that he ball watched for both goals against Dover...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well, indeed, of course, in fact, obviously, there's a world of difference between a footballer who is, in this case fully committed to a football club and it's cause, and player who has been up to now outstanding on the pitch for the club but admittedly had a bad game last Saturday.

Give the guy a break, he was not the only one of our better performers to date, who didn't reach their normal standard v Dover, doesn't mean he's not committed, we all have our bad days what ever industry we work in.
Formerly known as forevertufc
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

forevertufc wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 09:26Give the guy a break, he was not the only one of our better performers to date, who didn't reach their normal standard v Dover, doesn't mean he's not committed, we all have our bad days what ever industry we work in.
I'd echo all of that; certainly one of the better payers in a United shirt over the past few (very poor) years; will his fitness stand up? That is my only question mark over him
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Louis, can the title of this thread be changed to something like 'Josh Gowling's form and fitness' rather than the current title which causes alarm every time I see a new posting on it, particularly as Josh himself has said that he has not actually handed in a transfer request?