Gowling

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Gowling

Post by CraigUnder »

According to a Grimsby fan on The Football Forum.

Josh Gowling has handed in a transfer request at Torquay. His girlfriend lives in Cleethorpes and the travelling each way is taking its toll apparently.

If it’s true, Anderson and Mcginty as a pairing would be **** dreadful.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Come on Craig. The football forum is like a flame for muppets!
I think we need more than this to back up your thread title!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Hahaha, I know it’s not the greatest source but the guy was right about him signing for us in the summer when others said otherwise.. thought it was semi reliable!!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Let's face it if true you couldn't blame him. But he must have known when signing that living in Torquay, girlfriend in chav town was going to be an issue. Another nail in the already battered coffin.
Lucy
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Simples.......**** her off and get another one Gowls! :-D
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

merse btpir wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 19:46 Simples.......**** her off and get another one Gowls! :-D
Yeah. These women. Who do think they are? Don't they know they're just throwaway commodities for us blokes. Honestly. Women eh merse?

Get another one. Yeah. Plenty more fish in the sea so why should they even deserve any respect or consideration? Blokey real men blokes rule and all that macho bloke stuff.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

You hitch up with a person who plays football and needs to be able to be mobile and uproot at short notice then you accept what goes with the territory is the way I look at it.......anyway; I posted that in the spirit of the manner in which the OP was made ~ with a huge does of salt!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

It's not as if Torquay suddenly moved 200 miles south. Both Gowling and his girlfriend would have known where Torquay is before - presumably - discussing it and deciding to sign.

Even if they didn't know at the time, they probably have the damn internet. Hard to feel too much sympathy, really. Of course, a work/life balance is important, but if it was a concern...don't take the job.

I got approached about a job that would have required living in Miami. I've been there. It's horrible. So I said No Thanks.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
JamieE
First Regular
First Regular

Post by JamieE »

Yorkieandy wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 19:51 Yeah. These women. Who do think they are? Don't they know they're just throwaway commodities for us blokes. Honestly. Women eh merse?

Get another one. Yeah. Plenty more fish in the sea so why should they even deserve any respect or consideration? Blokey real men blokes rule and all that macho bloke stuff.
Jeez there’s a few people on this forum that take everything way too literally. Open your minds and your sense of humour a bit.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Tells me he knows the 'writing is on the wall', get out now, use the old girlfriend excuse, find another club before its too late because next season in National League South ain't going to pay the mortgage or the bills.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Yorkieandy wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 19:51 . . . Plenty more fish in the sea . . .
Not in Grimsby, they've all been landed. ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

When addressing the 'Baying Fans' after the Woking game he said "trust me we are working hard and will get out of this".

Well, I don't trust you, bottle job - just piss off and leave the club to people who care (the fans).
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

JamieE wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 20:34 Jeez there’s a few people on this forum that take everything way too literally. Open your minds and your sense of humour a bit.
What so it's the same as yours you mean? Because your sense of humour is the one which must apply to every other human being in the entire world? It doesn't work that way i'm afraid.

You find it funny. I find it offensive. Just like, for example a random sample of 100 people picked to watch a Frankie Boyle show. Some will find it funny and some will end up walking out in protest.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Trojan 67 wrote: 02 Oct 2017, 22:35 Not in Grimsby, they've all been landed. ;-)
Immingham docks troj.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

Anyone who is easily offended cannot find as much that is funny in the world to laugh at........I opt to be less thin skinned and more entertained thankyou!