Dorel Offered Contract

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Dorel Offered Contract

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Think this is a sensible move. He has performed well since being with us, but at least Owers has gone for a short term deal, to leave options ...............or is it because there is no money???!!!

Ower's comments:

“I’ve made him an offer this morning of a short-term contract,”

“I like him, I think he’s a passionate guy and he trains really well. I think he has done excellent in the two games I have seen him.

“I sat down and had a chat with him yesterday and it is only fair that we give him the opportunity to remain as number one.”

Suggests that Ryan Clarke is not going to be back as No.1 when he returns, which is expected in the next couple of weeks according to the OS.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Interesting, it keeps cover for next few weeks with something for the lad to aim for. Sensible move

Clearly we don't need 3 goalkeepers though. Perhaps one would loan out possible ?
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

I think this is a real important step, and send a good message out to the free agents/players out of favour at their parent clubs. Come in, and if you do a decent job there is a possibility of a longer term deal. Dorel has done the business so it's only fair he gets the chance to establish himself (and also back-handedly suggests that Chinua Cole was deemed not good enough to get the same treatment).

I'd expect it's maybe a deal until January, but then that presents a difficult problem of what to do with 3 keepers. I doubt either Clarke or Dorel will be content to sit on the bench, but Clarke has the contract in his pocket. I suspect one will be shown the door - either the easy cut of Dorel, or try and find someone to take on Clarkes contract
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

A very good move as he has been a standout performer in the games he has played in and as someone posted could go higher in the food chain so a longer contract could be advisable just so we get a few bob when he dose move on.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Clarke didn't last long at Eastleigh so maybe his time here is on the line too.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agree, he has been a stand out performer, whilst Clarke played well, I think Dorel is a step above and to good for us at the moment, for me it's about possession of the shirt, he's got it, up to Clarke when fit to take it off him.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

Fingers crossed he accepts what's been offered - probably a deal to the end of the season.