3 left

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

3 left

Post by Northampton gull »

Chinua Cole Rory fallon and Andy harworth leave
Shame about Cole but glad to see the other 2 gone
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

I am also surprised about Cole, he impressed me. Very relieved that Fallon has gone, as predicted he contributed very little.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

I've been away for the weekend and now have no idea what the squad is these days, could someone give a full update on the Player, position and if injured please!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Disappointed to see Cole leave. I gues the injury situation is starting to clear up - or the wage bill has gotten high enough and now it's one in, one out.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

On today's events it's one in and three out.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

I'm with the others in being disappointed to see Cole leave. I thought he put shifts of a good work rate and was a decent full back albeit his overlapping skills were a bit short of the mark. Nonetheless, I wish him well and hope he comes up trumps with a club of good standing that will help him develop his career.

Fallon will come as no surprise to anyone and Hayworth will feel a little hard done by, although I did not see enough in him to justify him gaining a ful term contract. It will be best for him in the long term that he finds a club that will appreciate his level of skill.
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Others have been brought in previously. Owers said he had to make some decisions and make them quickly.
TUST number 080
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Can't believe that Owers has split up the "lottery winners" team so soon!!! :~D :~D
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

glad to see owers means business, get rid of the dead wood.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I watched Cole closely on Tuesday night he was good defensively but when going forward he did not give the ball quick enough as Williams needed it to his feet but Cole hesitated every time and change the play going away from him. He has a lot of good points though.
Williams looked sharp and wanted the ball.
Harworth played alright but there does not seem enough work rate.
Fallon disappointing.
Last edited by arcadia on 22 Sep 2017, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Zippy wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 17:40 glad to see owers means business, get rid of the dead wood.
Trouble is a number of them are on contracts; a few apparently on two year deals given by the previous manager.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 17:48 Trouble is a number of them are on contracts; a few apparently on two year deals given by the previous manager.
Only Chaney and Lathrope, I believe, this is their final year. If we can muster a decent squad and do well I would like to see some of them next season on two year deals for continuity.
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

This is why the Cullompton game was more important than the result. Fallon leaving was inevitable, thought Cole was decent enough but we can't afford question marks and Haworth (admittedly on only a couple of showings) didn't have enough in his locker. I don't think Owers rates Keating too highly to be honest.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thread title had me wondering what the heck had gone on today :)

Agreed, there was a bigger picture in the bowl game, that some just didn't want to see. Said on the Collompton thread it was a fair decision if Owers had decided to use this game to have a look at some of our players he hadn't seen, and run the rule over some potential new signings, also not surprised by Fallon and Haworth, also said on that thread, whilst some were including these as first players :whistle: it wouldn't surprise me if these two went through the exit door, didn't expect it so soon however.

Fallon, we all know it, should never have been signed ion the first place, was obvious, even to the half trained footballing eye, he was some way past his best, Haworth, has had no impact at all since he's been here.

Cole has done alright out on the pitch, so yes, this one has got me, but, maybe there's things behind the scenes we haven't seen, or maybe it's just down to money, and making things fit
Formerly known as forevertufc
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

MellowYellow wrote: 22 Sep 2017, 18:33 Only Chaney and Lathrope, I believe, this is their final year. If we can muster a decent squad and do well I would like to see some of them next season on two year deals for continuity.
Gowling and Pittman are both on 2 year deals.

Not that I include them in the dead wood.